Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiffanyfinsy

@Nao: Thats sounds really good! I hope they going to post it on their website soon :)
Your exams are in May right? Good luck!! I remember last year I was studying too for my exams. You will feeling so happy when you finally have your graduation!
Do what your heart desires and dont worry about what the others think. At the end of the day, what makes you happy is what matters the most.

leeredwood

@tanya13 How did it go? I've got mine tomorrow, soooo nervous! I've been brushing up on my french but still feel really worried about not understanding what they say! x

mackattack

Anybody else going to Dublin for an interview in March??

Astya

Quote from: "Kayleighmplatt"hello everyone :) I am turning 18 in a couple of months and really want to audition to become a character for either the summer season or a few weeks at Christmas as I am studying at college. I study acting and have started jazz lessons so I have experience in performing. apparently I am also a good height for a character as I am 5'1. does anyone know the email address for the Disney casting as i have looked and can't seem to find it :( if anyone else knows anything about auditions in Leeds that would be a great help too :) thank you xx

Hi Kayleigh!

You just look on the disneyland Paris recruitment page for audition info, and they list when new auditions are scheduled.  You just turn up on the day, I went to the one in London last November and I believe it's the same for all of them.  I'm looking out for one in Leeds too, hopefully towards the end of the summer for Sept - Xmas period.  :)  If you look back through this thread we've discussed the auditions at massive length!  :)

Astya

Tink_22

OK so I just had my Skype interview and I thought I would tell you how it went. So, first of all, I almost missed my interview because I thought it was 10.30 english time but it was 10.30 french time, luckily I went on Skype an hour early and didn't miss the interview. The recruiter was a woman who was very kind. As I am french but living in England, we started the interview in french but most of the interview was in english.

She asked me to present myself, say what I was doing and what job I wanted to do at Disneyland. She then asked me about the jobs, if I knew what ride operator consisted in, if I had a preference for thrills or if I had any health problems, and if I was willing to work until 1am. She also asked when I could work.

She switched to english and asked me about my hobbies, my future projects after my studies, if I had any contacts who worked or had worked for Disney and asked about my trips to Germany. Finally, she asked if I had a driving license.

I think I've said it all. Of course, questions change depending on the recruiter, your cv and your experience. The interview lasted about 15-20 minutes, which is short but then at the recruitment sessions, its 30 minutes for 2 people so it's ok. I should have an answer next week so I'll let you know. Fingers crossed !  :)

LydiaSophia

rebecca: They've asked me to go 7th April-5th March but I asked for 23rd March- 22nd April because of my Uni dates so I've asked if I can change it but they haven't replied yet!
Flounder042: I had my interview in January in London :)

goofy90

Ok so it's Now march and it's killing me that I still haven't had the call!!!! I really really just want to be out there!!!! I'm gonna give it this month and see what happens I will let you all know if I get any news (fingers crossed)

leeredwood

Just sat here on Skype waiting for my interview....so damn nervous!!! I'll report back after!! x

mackattack

Quote from: "leeredwood"Just sat here on Skype waiting for my interview....so damn nervous!!! I'll report back after!! x
Best of luck! :)

leeredwood

Okay, so it went alright - 90% of the interview was in english, she only asked me about my hobbies in french - gutted for me who practiced loads and loads of french on the "why do you want to work at disney" and "what is your current job?" etc...but hardly looked at all back at hobbies and pastimes (something we did time after time after time at school! IDIOT!)

Oh well, the recruiter was really nice and said that my french was okay and that if they offered a position which didn't require fluency (or close to) then I could brush up on my language skills while I was out there and then transfer to another department when I felt my skills were of the correct level.

We'll see what happens anyway :) At least I know what to expect now and won't be so nervous if I have another interview with them in the future :) x

rebecca

hello campers! (; any more news on summer contracts? x

gldc

Everyone I know on food and beverage has got easter contracts today - v/ short notice. Nothing for me on rides yet  :cry:  [-o<
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com

Tink_22

During my interview yesterday, the recruitor told me they were still giving out the contracts for April so don't worry if you haven't heard anything about it yet, there's still hope. She also said we wouldn't know about the summer contracts before at least a month. Good luck to everyone waiting for an interview or a contract  :D

Astya

Tink_22, when did you first apply for an Easter contract?

Tink_22

I didn't, i only applied for a summer contract but the recruiter told me the reason we wouldn't know about the summer contracts yet is that they haven't finished recruiting for April.