Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gldc

For anyone that wants a little taste of working at the magic .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XMrkijD5R0

and then from there you can click on to hear a full video explaining my experience in the description.  :thumbs:
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com

goofy90

I really really really really want to get out to Disney now I really just want to get the phone call or email I just can't get Disney off my mind lol how is every 1 else of the waiting list coping?

laura:)

Quote from: "goofy90"I really really really really want to get out to Disney now I really just want to get the phone call or email I just can't get Disney off my mind lol how is every 1 else of the waiting list coping?

Goofy90 don't worry! You've still got a few months left. The new festival starts in April and they are bound to be calling lots of people in march. Don't give up hope but try and take your mind off it.

goofy90

Thank you Laura:) I just felt like every1 was getting contracts except me lol I will hang on tight till march thank you!!!! :-)

luxray

I just got an email saying (it was written in French though):

"Hello,

We have received your application for the position Recruitment Session In The UK - Disneyland Paris (H / F) at Disneyland ® Paris and thank you.

Your application, despite its interest, did not correspond to an ongoing research and we regret not being able to respond favorably.

We thank you for your interest in our company and please accept our sincere greetings."

Does anyone know what this means? "Did not correspond to an ongoing research"  :?
I'm absolutely gutted, it took me forever to perfect my application and I've never wanted something so much! :( I just cried and I never cry haha

mackattack

Quote from: "luxray"I just got an email saying (it was written in French though):

"Hello,

We have received your application for the position Recruitment Session In The UK - Disneyland Paris (H / F) at Disneyland ® Paris and thank you.

Your application, despite its interest, did not correspond to an ongoing research and we regret not being able to respond favorably.

We thank you for your interest in our company and please accept our sincere greetings."

Does anyone know what this means? "Did not correspond to an ongoing research"  :?
I'm absolutely gutted, it took me forever to perfect my application and I've never wanted something so much! :( I just cried and I never cry haha

Hey Luxray..I think it means you didn't get the interview unfortunately! :( I was just wondering though what date did you submit your application?

alexcutting

hey you guys!! im pretty bad at using this thing but this is really useful! I recently got through the interview stage and now just waiting on a contract! good to hear im not the only one, im too nervous to wait until march or april i want to hear now ahh

luxray

Quote from: "mackattack"
Quote from: "luxray"I just got an email saying (it was written in French though):

"Hello,

Hey Luxray..I think it means you didn't get the interview unfortunately! :( I was just wondering though what date did you submit your application?

Aw :(
I submitted it on the 4th February so at least they replied quickly. Good luck to you! :)

mackattack

Quote from: "luxray"
Quote from: "mackattack"

"Hello,

Aw :(
I submitted it on the 4th February so at least they replied quickly. Good luck to you! :)

Well i submitted my application on the 22nd of January and they still havn't send anything to me..I'm starting to get worried..the 3 weeks will be up on sunday...Eeek..the suspence is killing me! :P

Tink_22

I submitted my application on the 30th of January for a summer job and I got an e-mail today invinting me to an on-line interview on Skype. Anyone else got a similar answer ? I am a bit worried though because my Skype connection isn't all that good. Has anyone had an interview through Skype before ?

Nao

So I just saw that they updated the site that there will be an audition in Holland which is my home country.
It would save me a bunch of money to audition here instead of having to travel to Paris but I've got a bit of a problem..

I heard that you arrive to Disney in groups so I was wondering do you go in a group with the people you auditioned with? To be honest one of the reasons I want to go to Disney is because I want to get away from this country and language so I would be really really gutted if I ended up in some kind of Dutchies-club. It's not that I don't like the people it's just that I really don't feel like holding on to my "home country" in such a way, I'd rather not use a lot of Dutch and I know how people get about it when I ask them to speak English or French instead of Dutch and it always ends in some kind of awkwardness or fight unfortunately.
Why do all my dreams extend, just around the riverbend?// DREAMERS UNITE! ?
[size=85]ICON CREDIT[/size]

evie1234

Quote from: "Tink_22"I submitted my application on the 30th of January for a summer job and I got an e-mail today invinting me to an on-line interview on Skype. Anyone else got a similar answer ? I am a bit worried though because my Skype connection isn't all that good. Has anyone had an interview through Skype before ?

Hi,

Me too!

I really wasn't expecting to be offered an interview, so very surprised. It will be my first ever interview so I am very nervous and don't know what to expect... I am also worried that my French isn't good enough :/ If you have any advice that would be great!

Thank you :)

laura:)

Quote from: "Nao"So I just saw that they updated the site that there will be an audition in Holland which is my home country.
It would save me a bunch of money to audition here instead of having to travel to Paris but I've got a bit of a problem..

I heard that you arrive to Disney in groups so I was wondering do you go in a group with the people you auditioned with? To be honest one of the reasons I want to go to Disney is because I want to get away from this country and language so I would be really really gutted if I ended up in some kind of Dutchies-club. It's not that I don't like the people it's just that I really don't feel like holding on to my "home country" in such a way, I'd rather not use a lot of Dutch and I know how people get about it when I ask them to speak English or French instead of Dutch and it always ends in some kind of awkwardness or fight unfortunately.

Nao, if you are successful in the audition and called with a job offer then you are most likely to be starting on the same day with other people and they are going to be people from all over the world. you'll also meet loads of other cast members who have worked there for ages and who are from different countries around the world.

Hope this has helped.

Laura:)

Lilo

Hello folks !

I'm new here and I do not come from anywhere near the UK (so sorry for my english)! But I find this discussion veeery intresting and funny as well.
I worked in a shop in Disneyland last summer and I'm going back in june. I had the best summer of my life and met extremely lovely people. If you have any question or worries I'd be glad to help you! I'll do my best, I promise : )

Tiffanyfinsy

Quote from: "Nao"So I just saw that they updated the site that there will be an audition in Holland which is my home country.

Seriously? You are kidding me right? Finally!!!
Can you give me the site? I can't find it :(

UPDATE: I find it, but I see they don't know it for sure if they going to hold a audition in Holland (If saves us a lot of money first) I hope so, I heard the percantage of people of getting though the next round is higher than England :mrgreen:
Do what your heart desires and dont worry about what the others think. At the end of the day, what makes you happy is what matters the most.