Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teacup

Auditions are up for characters in Leeds and London! Asking for:

male look-alikes / dancing roles*
Dr. Facilier (6'0''-6'6''/181-197cm) Prince Naveen (5'10''-6'2''/178-188cm)
Aladdin, Prince Charming, Prince Eric, Snow White's, Belle's
and Sleeping Beauty's Princes (5'10''-6'0''/178-183cm)
Gaston (5'11''-6'3''/180-191cm) Captain Jack Sparrow (5'8''-6'1''/173-185cm)
Peter Pan, The Mad Hatter (5'0''-5'7''/152-170cm)

female look-alikes / dancing roles*
Mulan (5'2''-5'6''/157-168cm) Princess Tiana (5'5''-5'8''/165-173cm)
Cinderella, Ariel, Belle, Snow White, Mary Poppins (5'5''-5'8''/165-173cm)
Sleeping Beauty, Jasmine (5'4''-5'8''/163-173cm)
Wendy, Tinker Bell (5'0''-5'6''/152-168cm) Alice (5'2''-5'4''/157-163cm)

I'm definately going to try out at the Leeds audition on April 12th. So very excited.
Good luck to anyone else who goes for it. ^_^
Previous stays
Santa Fe September 1999
Cheyenne November 2002
Sequoia Lodge September 2010
New York July 2011
Magic Circus September 2012

tinglebells

phew finally got the contract details in the post!! anybody starting on the 2nd april? i'm thinking of making a facebook group for 2011 workers as it would be so much easier than following this!

Pinky

heyhey :) I'm returning to disney for a CDI contract on Friday, they phoned today, talk about short notice! haha :) if anyone has any questions about auditions/working for disney i'll be more than happy to answer, just send me a message on here
hope to see lots of you guys out there :) x

jayne005

Quote from: "Teacup"Auditions are up for characters in Leeds and London! Asking for:

male look-alikes / dancing roles*
Dr. Facilier (6'0''-6'6''/181-197cm) Prince Naveen (5'10''-6'2''/178-188cm)
Aladdin, Prince Charming, Prince Eric, Snow White's, Belle's
and Sleeping Beauty's Princes (5'10''-6'0''/178-183cm)
Gaston (5'11''-6'3''/180-191cm) Captain Jack Sparrow (5'8''-6'1''/173-185cm)
Peter Pan, The Mad Hatter (5'0''-5'7''/152-170cm)

female look-alikes / dancing roles*
Mulan (5'2''-5'6''/157-168cm) Princess Tiana (5'5''-5'8''/165-173cm)
Cinderella, Ariel, Belle, Snow White, Mary Poppins (5'5''-5'8''/165-173cm)
Sleeping Beauty, Jasmine (5'4''-5'8''/163-173cm)
Wendy, Tinker Bell (5'0''-5'6''/152-168cm) Alice (5'2''-5'4''/157-163cm)

I'm definately going to try out at the Leeds audition on April 12th. So very excited.
Good luck to anyone else who goes for it. ^_^

I'll be at the Leeds audition too! Cant wait! are you going on your own or in a group?

Ziema

I'm going to work as a vendeuse de boutique this summer. My start date is the 18th of June. Is anyone else going there around this time too?
I'm so excited :D

jennjennzo

I am going to the leeds auditions too. I'm quite nervous but I was told to go by the people at Disney when I applied on-line. I am going by myself but I'm sure everyone will be really friendly. It's not too long now. Is anyone booking into a hotel?
xxx

jayne005

My brother is at uni there so think i'm just gonna crash on his floor! ha ha! we dont need to register or send anything beforehand do we? I'm guessing it should be quite easy to find! xx

Teacup

Yeah it's pretty easy to find. Get to the bus station (passed Kirgate Market) and you'll see the big sign saying yorkshire dance.
I am going on my own, and will be crashing on a mate's floor in Kirkstall.
It's really silly actually, because I am currently living in Leeds but am moving out on the 2nd April, otherwise it would be a lot easier for me. Unlucky.
Previous stays
Santa Fe September 1999
Cheyenne November 2002
New York July 2011

jayne005

At this rate we'll all turn up with sore backs from sleeping on the floor! ha ha!

Am guessing you're at uni in Leeds then?

Has anyone been to these auditions before?

Teacup

Let's hope not! May tell my friend she's sleeping on her own floor :P

I was at uni in Leeds, but not anymore. Otherwise I'd never be able to find 4 months to go to Disney.

We should try to have a forum meet up while we're there, could be nice not to just be sat alone waiting for callbacks.

I know a little about the auditions through research but have never actually done one. Anyone have any idea whether we are supposed to bring headshots along with our CV? I know they ask that for the US auditions but what about here?
Previous stays
Santa Fe September 1999
Cheyenne November 2002
New York July 2011

Elwell2009

Hi wonder if you can help, how do you go about working for the techinical side of work in the park, i currently work in a theatre as a technician and wondered where jobs for this side of disney are advertised ?
hope you can help
matt

jayne005

I'm hoping my brother will remember that he's supposed to be a gentleman and sleep on the floor instead! failing that i'll make sure i have an airbed! ha ha! where are you from then?

forum meet up would be cool - there's nothing worse than sitting waiting on your own! ha ha!

I always think its better to be over prepared than under so i might take one along anyway - cant do any harm!

From what i can gather we dont have to prepare anything do we?

Teacup

Don't think so. I think it's just a case of bringing CV, passport and bags of energy!
I'm wary of bringing too much stuff along with the CV, as I know that can be irritating for interviewers to look through, but some basic photos shouldn't be too much.

Other than that I intend to spend the next few weeks watching Disney movies back to back and researching characters, which is kind of what I do anyway for Cosplay, but since they aren't asking for a Meg I need to broaden my portfolio a little.

I'm orginally from North Wales, but am moving to Coventry in a few weeks as it's where my family currently are. Bit of a treck just to come back up to Leeds again, but could be worse.
Previous stays
Santa Fe September 1999
Cheyenne November 2002
New York July 2011

miss_loocy

Quote from: "Ziema"I'm going to work as a vendeuse de boutique this summer. My start date is the 18th of June. Is anyone else going there around this time too?
I'm so excited :D

Me and my friend are coming on 4th July for the summer. Im working in 'restaurantation' but my friend is also going to be working in the boutiques. I'm so excited! :)
What date are you working till?

jayne005

Quote from: "Teacup"Don't think so. I think it's just a case of bringing CV, passport and bags of energy!
I'm wary of bringing too much stuff along with the CV, as I know that can be irritating for interviewers to look through, but some basic photos shouldn't be too much.

Other than that I intend to spend the next few weeks watching Disney movies back to back and researching characters, which is kind of what I do anyway for Cosplay, but since they aren't asking for a Meg I need to broaden my portfolio a little.

I'm orginally from North Wales, but am moving to Coventry in a few weeks as it's where my family currently are. Bit of a treck just to come back up to Leeds again, but could be worse.

Disney movies back to back is always a good way to pass the time!

Coventry will definately be a trek - especially if you had to do it on the morning of the 12th! I'll be coming down from Newcastle which should take about an hour and a half but its not worth the risk of getting held up on the way into Leeds. I wonder how many people will be there.