Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smallblonde

Watch this.... totally amazing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVcEXh1Nj2M

:D

jennjennzo

I am coming down from Glasgow but booking into a hotel the night before. I might put one picture on the back of my CV but I think somewhere said they take a polaroid of you when you arrive but not sure that's true.
Can't wait.

Teacup

Quote from: "jayne005"Disney movies back to back is always a good way to pass the time!

Coventry will definately be a trek - especially if you had to do it on the morning of the 12th! I'll be coming down from Newcastle which should take about an hour and a half but its not worth the risk of getting held up on the way into Leeds. I wonder how many people will be there.

Yeah, I'm not risking it. Will be staying with my friend Monday- Wednesday to make sure I'm not too stressed out and can actually sleep before the audition.
Really hoping it's not as crowded as people on this thread have decribed the London Auditions to be, or i'm going to find it so much harder to smile than I already am.

Also Smallblonde... that video is rediculous.
Previous stays
Santa Fe September 1999
Cheyenne November 2002
Sequoia Lodge September 2010
New York July 2011
Magic Circus September 2012

jayne005

I've not read all of this thread actually - only came across it the other day when I posted! I can imagine Leeds being quieter than London for some reason but I guess a lot of people would probs find Leeds easier to get to - and a lot less stress than trying to get around in London!

Teacup

There's also the advantage of not having the hundreds of stage schools in the local area that London has. I suspect many of those who go to pineapple studios to audition will be aware of it through that.

Would definately recommend reading through the rest of this thread if you get the chance. People have gone into some serious detail about the process and what to expect. Which is very useful to start preparing with.
Previous stays
Santa Fe September 1999
Cheyenne November 2002
New York July 2011

jennjennzo

What's on stage also has a good forum about people taking part in the disney auditions. There are some post on there about what to expect. Just google "what's on stage disneyland paris"

Ziema

Quote from: "miss_loocy"
Quote from: "Ziema"I'm going to work as a vendeuse de boutique this summer. My start date is the 18th of June. Is anyone else going there around this time too?
I'm so excited :D

Me and my friend are coming on 4th July for the summer. Im working in 'restaurantation' but my friend is also going to be working in the boutiques. I'm so excited! :)
What date are you working till?

That's great! My contract lasts until the 3rd september. How about you? Two of my friends are going too, one also for boutiques and the other one hasn't got to know yet.
I'm sure it's going to be amazing, I just wish I got to know which boutique to qork at. I want to know my costume! Haha :)

miss_loocy

Quote from: "Ziema"
Quote from: "miss_loocy"
Quote from: "Ziema"I'm going to work as a vendeuse de boutique this summer. My start date is the 18th of June. Is anyone else going there around this time too?
I'm so excited :D

Me and my friend are coming on 4th July for the summer. Im working in 'restaurantation' but my friend is also going to be working in the boutiques. I'm so excited! :)
What date are you working till?

That's great! My contract lasts until the 3rd september. How about you? Two of my friends are going too, one also for boutiques and the other one hasn't got to know yet.
I'm sure it's going to be amazing, I just wish I got to know which boutique to qork at. I want to know my costume! Haha :)

Ours finishes on 5th September! I'm literally so excited to go, you'll have to write to me when you get there to let me know what it's like! I wonder which residences we'll be in, ive seen photos of both, but la boiserie looks loads nicer, ha.
Me too, I'd love to have a really cool costume, there's so many cafes and restaurants though, could be any for me :p
Are the boutiques themed as well?

Jens

Is anyone else arriving on the 7th of April? So excited! 2 weeks to go! :)

jennjennzo

Is anyone doing anything to prepare for the auditions coming up. I am trying to get back in shape. Not long now.

Jens

Just make sure you bring your good mood (yeah, cliché) and if you want to perform in the parades/shows just refresh basic dance moves like a pas de bourree, chassé, kick ball change, etc. but don't fixate on the dance! Just have fun and perform with lots of energy and big movements, and above all SMILE :) They're not looking for perfect dancers, they're looking for performers!

Good luck everyone :)

Teacup

It's been a while since I did any dance training and what I did was ballroom and latin, so I'm really hoping I can just pick it up by pure luck. Think maybe the ballroom might help a little since they are looking for princesses.

I'm naturally super slim so I can't try to get in shape too much or my metabolism will kill me, but I am working super hard on my smile. I have myofascial pain disfunction syndrome so it's actually really painful for me to pull a big cheezy grin and I haven't smiled properly in years so that's kind of the biggist prep i'm doing. Doing facial exercises every day and forcing myself to try and smile more so I get used to it.

I know... I'm wierd. I basically have no chance at this, but there's no harm in trying, right?
Previous stays
Santa Fe September 1999
Cheyenne November 2002
New York July 2011

Jens

Hey Teacup, don't put yourself down! It's ok if you haven't danced for a while, just try to move up to the front as much as possible to see the dance instructor better. She is very patient and at my audition she asked if everyone got it after every part! Of course, barely anyone had the gut to say no, but eh :P So if you you don't get anything right away, just tell her (but it could depend on how much people are in the room though). As for the smile... Don't try to put up a fake smile if you can't. A big fake cheesy grin is probably not what they are looking for either. Just smile with your eyes and bring out a positive energy! You have an even chance as any of the rest! Just believe in your dream and you'll be fine :)

jennjennzo

Thankfully i'm quite slim too but I read it takes a lot of effort to dance in the parades and you need to be really fit. I think starting now to get in tip top condition will help. I also ate too much preping for exams so am carrying some podge. I agree that they are looking for people who can smile and perform as much as dance but a real smile is always best. As long as your enjoying yourself they will be able to tell, no matter what your smile is like.

Jens

Yeah, that's what I said...