Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyBud

Does anyone know when the next UK auditions are? There haven't been any for ages!

blaiselewis

Quote from: "gldc"I literally have no experience but have good conversational french/english/portuguese and am friendly etc but as I said I have no experience in a job situation. ANd does anyone know how many days off you get a week during a summer contract? thanks

They train you from the ground up, so you need absolutely zero experience - although I should imagine it might help, but really, so long as you can speak french and english they're like "YEAH GIMME"
you get 2 days off per week, working 35 hour weeks (so 7 hours) and those 2 days are rarely, if ever, on weekends, since that's their busiest time
GOOD LUCK :)

gldc

Quote from: "blaiselewis"
Quote from: "gldc"I literally have no experience but have good conversational french/english/portuguese and am friendly etc but as I said I have no experience in a job situation. ANd does anyone know how many days off you get a week during a summer contract? thanks

They train you from the ground up, so you need absolutely zero experience - although I should imagine it might help, but really, so long as you can speak french and english they're like "YEAH GIMME"
you get 2 days off per week, working 35 hour weeks (so 7 hours) and those 2 days are rarely, if ever, on weekends, since that's their busiest time
Thanks for the info and for the good luck, I'm applying now. Fingers crossed I'll get something for the summer. I wonder if they'd be able to give me a contract where I can work holidays as I'll be going to uni without having to reaudition each time...do you happen to know if there's one of these kind of contracts? (This is provided I get in at all of course :p)
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com

gldc

Also does anyone know whether I could do less than 4 months there? as it does say 4 months minimum but  I'd really like to do three in the summer.
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

luke85

Quote from: "gldc"Also does anyone know whether I could do less than 4 months there? as it does say 4 months minimum but  I'd really like to do three in the summer.
I was given a 9 week contract last Autumn, so they can offer you a variety of contract lengths, depending on the time of year etc.

gldc

Thanks.
So I've put my CV on the site... how exactly do I apply?

EDIT: Applied. So excited.  :thumbs:

blaiselewis

Quote from: "gldc"

Thanks for the info and for the good luck, I'm applying now. Fingers crossed I'll get something for the summer. I wonder if they'd be able to give me a contract where I can work holidays as I'll be going to uni without having to reaudition each time...do you happen to know if there's one of these kind of contracts? (This is provided I get in at all of course :p)

If you're good enough they ask for you back for like, Halloween and Christmas etc cause it saves them money on training people so it makes good sense. So as long as you work hard and get good performance reviews they'd love anyone to come back! :)

miss_loocy

Quote from: "silj"
Quote from: "miss_loocy"
Quote from: "silj"Hi everybody,
I'm going to work at Disneyland next summer as "Counter service food and beverage host (employé de restauration)". Anybody knows if it can be working in a fast food restaurant, or would it be mentioned? ("cuisine rapide" or something like that)

You working this summer 2011? I've been trying to find info about it, let me know if you find anything about it :)

Yes, this summer! I will start working in june. Haven't found out what the job is exactly going to be about, maybe I should just email Disney...
I'm really happy that I got the job, but a little scared also.  :D My spoken french is not so good, so I need to do some work with that. Happily my english is fluent so I got the job!

Ahhh, That's so exciting!
I'm going on 4th July - seems like aaaaages away. It should say in the email they sent you, telling you that you got the job which position you're in, if not, it says in your contract when they send it to you. My friend is coming with me, and she's in Boutiques.
I'm doing French A Level, so I'm really up for improving my french! :)

Anyone else who has worked there/is currently working there tell us anything exciting about what it's like to work in shops/restaurants?

tinker_26

Quote from: "tinker_26"Congrats!
When do you leave? I'm going at the start of april it's soooo soon! I'm also working in boutiques ahh. Not really sure what to think about it atm, although I am very excited x

I don't actually know, I think my exact dates will be emailed to me along with my contract... i hope so anyway! But if you're out there at the beginning of April then I will be seeing you there :O I'm a bit nervous/scared about going to live in France for so long but I reckon it'll be such an amazing experience that it'll be worth it... hopefully!!!!!!!!! haha xx

I'll be arriving on the 8th and my contract starts on the 9th of April so hopefully! Do you know how you're getting there yet? I've just booked my flight, ahhh scary times x

forevvermore

Okay this is going to sound either really stupid, really desperate or just like a bog standard question we hear all the time.
I'm 16 and 5"4 and would absolutely LOVE to be Alice's "friend" at Disneyland Paris as soon as I finish my education
But I've heard she's a really short character that usually only reaches the height of 5"2/5"3 at the Disneyland/world in America. I have heard that she might be a little higher in the DLRP but only by about "2
Any chances anyone knows her height and whether it's a possibility for me in the future?

tinglebells

has anybody who has a job starting around easter recieved details about their job/contract in the post yet??? I was told in an email that I'd get something in the post in the next few days but that was over 2 weeks ago so slightly worried as I want to book my train tickets asap!!

tinker_26

Quote from: "tinglebells"has anybody who has a job starting around easter recieved details about their job/contract in the post yet??? I was told in an email that I'd get something in the post in the next few days but that was over 2 weeks ago so slightly worried as I want to book my train tickets asap!!

Hey, if you haven't already tried emailing noellie you should. I had to change my start date and she got back to me within a few days so it's worth a shot. Hope you get everything sorted. I start on the 9th of April, it's so sooon x

BelleJour

Has everyone heard back from Newcastle Interview even if you didnt get it??

gldc

Been 9 days, they said if I hadn't heard back from the online stage within 3 weeks that it was a no :( Holding out for hope though *fingers crossed* also applied at a disney store and heard nothing from them either  :(

Jens

Just got a call from Daniel telling me he found me a contract (CDI !!!) starting April 9th!!!!!!! So excited!!!!