Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blaiselewis

hi everyone! :)
I've just been reading all your stuff as I got an interview for DLP for Friday (March 4th) near Hyde Park.... scary/exciting! And I just wanted to see what tips there were as I want to get a job at Disney so bad... Easter & Summer mainly but I'd love to build a career out of it. I've applied for whatever's going but I'd love to work in Guest Services. I speak English but also pretty good French and Italian so hopefully that will work! ANYWAY i wanted to ask if anyone had a really comprehensive list of the questions they're likely to ask (in both English and French) and also what to wear - i was thinking of buying a suit and going properly formal, but if they'd rather me in jeans and a Mickey Mouse t-shirt then I won't waste the money! so if anyone could answer these questions I would be most grateful :)
hopefully speak soon and maybe even see some of you at Disney in a few months! EEP!!!!

Pinky

Quote from: "Naveen02"Heyy everyone,

Just a quick question:  if you're a face character, would it be a requirement to be able to speak French? Or wouldn't it matter?

Oh and are you allowed to audition when you're 17, providing you'll be 18 by the time you leave for Paris?

Thanks!

P.S. Congrats to everyone who managed to get their jobs & good luck to everyone auditioning or having interviews! :)

heyhey :)

they dont expect you to speak french as face, they give you a sheet of phrases you should learn but they are easy (whats your name, how old are you e.t.c) alot of face characters also have a prince/princess with them that more often then not can speak the language you can't which is always useful!

and they do audition 17 year olds, they just make sure they dont bring you out till you have turned 18, quite a few people audition at 17 :)
hope that helps
x

Chiyo

Quote from: "BelleJour"what sort of questions do they ask you? more so the ones in french, this is the one i am really worried about !!!is the interview very long ?

i would really appreciate a reply thank you :D

I'll take this quote and push it up - cause I've got the same question. I need to prepare myself for the recruitment sessions in autumn and it would be really helpful to get some informations about the questions, to learn the answers in french ;)

So, where are the guys who had attend a recruitment sessions? We need you now :)

Greetings
Chiyo ^^

miss_loocy

Quote from: "WelshTink"I was at the hammersmith interview too! I'm going to be an 'Employé de restauration' :)
Does anyone know if I'll be placed in one specific restaurant, or if I moved around wherever is needed?

@tinglebells - will you be working easter or summer? I'm down for both, so I guess I will see you there!!

heyyy! I'm going to be an 'employée de restauration' in the summer, going over there at the beginning of July. When are you going? Let me know how it goes? I'm so so excited!

miss_loocy

Quote from: "silj"Hi everybody,
I'm going to work at Disneyland next summer as "Counter service food and beverage host (employé de restauration)". Anybody knows if it can be working in a fast food restaurant, or would it be mentioned? ("cuisine rapide" or something like that)
Anybody here who has done this kind of a job in dlrp? (:

You working this summer 2011? I've been trying to find info about it, let me know if you find anything about it :)

tinker_26

Quote from: "Chiyo"
Quote from: "BelleJour"what sort of questions do they ask you? more so the ones in french, this is the one i am really worried about !!!is the interview very long ?

I'll take this quote and push it up - cause I've got the same question. I need to prepare myself for the recruitment sessions in autumn and it would be really helpful to get some informations about the questions, to learn the answers in french ;)

So, where are the guys who had attend a recruitment sessions? We need you now :)

Greetings
Chiyo ^^

I agreeee, anyone know what questions they ask in french? I mean, the interview is tomorrow. HELPPPP!

blaiselewis

Quote from: "tinker_26"

Greetings
Chiyo ^^

I agreeee, anyone know what questions they ask in french? I mean, the interview is tomorrow. HELPPPP!

I AGREE although my interview is Friday... still, need to prepare!!! Help, anybody who's interviewed!!!
from what i've read around though the only thing they seem to ask in French is why do you want to work at Disneyland... which is pretty easy to reply too (or it is if you prepare enough ha) xx
P.S GOOD LUCK :)

Naveen02

Quote from: "Pinky"
Quote from: "Naveen02"Heyy everyone,

Just a quick question:  if you're a face character, would it be a requirement to be able to speak French? Or wouldn't it matter?

Oh and are you allowed to audition when you're 17, providing you'll be 18 by the time you leave for Paris?

Thanks!

P.S. Congrats to everyone who managed to get their jobs & good luck to everyone auditioning or having interviews! :)

heyhey :)

they dont expect you to speak french as face, they give you a sheet of phrases you should learn but they are easy (whats your name, how old are you e.t.c) alot of face characters also have a prince/princess with them that more often then not can speak the language you can't which is always useful!

and they do audition 17 year olds, they just make sure they dont bring you out till you have turned 18, quite a few people audition at 17 :)
hope that helps
x

Ohh thanks alot!! Hopefully I'll audition sooner rather than later then.

You're a lifesaver! :D

tinglebells

Quote from: "tinker_26"

Greetings
Chiyo ^^

Bonjourrr
The interviews aren't that bad, at the London ones last month I was asked (in french) to introduce myself and say a little bit about myself, why I wanted to work at Disneyland, what my favourite ride was at disney and also if I had lived with foreigners before!! Those are all the ones I can remember at the moment but don't worry as it's quite informal and you're in pairs. As for what to wear... everybody was dressed quite smartly/ smart casual so definitely go for that rather than jeans.

Hope it goes well :)

silj

Quote from: "miss_loocy"
Quote from: "silj"Hi everybody,
I'm going to work at Disneyland next summer as "Counter service food and beverage host (employé de restauration)". Anybody knows if it can be working in a fast food restaurant, or would it be mentioned? ("cuisine rapide" or something like that)

You working this summer 2011? I've been trying to find info about it, let me know if you find anything about it :)

Yes, this summer! I will start working in june. Haven't found out what the job is exactly going to be about, maybe I should just email Disney...
I'm really happy that I got the job, but a little scared also.  :D My spoken french is not so good, so I need to do some work with that. Happily my english is fluent so I got the job!

For all who worry about the interview: First we were asked if we wanted to do the interview in english or french. I wanted to do it in french. So we started out, and I just answered some simple questions ("oui, oui, non, oui, oui...") and then, I completely froze when I had to tell why I want to work at Disney, and we switched to english and everything was okay. So don't worry! It's going to be okay, even if it might not feel like it!
I thought my inteview was a disaster, but hey, I still got the job!  ;)

blaiselewis

I literally got back from my interview an hour ago, and my guy said at the end that I got the job!!!!
So I will be working (as long as he's not lying) in the boutiques at Easter and then on attractions during the Summer :) SO EXCITED!!!
My interview went something like this;
we went in in pairs, so I just went with the girl sitting next to me who I'd been chatting with, she was lovely.
We sat down and he asked us for our forms which we'd filled out before the presentation and our CVs and took a look at them. He then asked me (in English) why I wanted to work for Disney, and if I'd ever been to Disneyland Paris before, then he asked where I'd most like to work in Disneyland (I said 'literally anywhere!!!' and he laughed). Then he said "Now i'm gonna switch to French" and asked in French what my favourite job I'd ever had was, then a few more bits and bobs about my CV, and I went into full panic mode and all my french just fell out of my head, but he was really lovely and understanding and said at the end that my comprehension was spot on but I had difficulty choosing the right words, which is why he's put me on boutiques at easter to practice then attractions over the summer :)
I AM SO EXCITED, i really do hope he's not lying or I'm gonna be SO embarrassed!!!
GOOD LUCK TOUT LE MONDE <3

crystel

hey everyone :)

i'm leaving for disney soon (eeek) and i need some information about transport
so...TO ALL THE EX/CURRENT CAST MEMBERS :
what ticket do i need to get once i get to disney?
should i get a pass for a week ('navigo semaine') for my first week at disney? do they give us tickets for the bus etc?
thanks

tinker_26

Quote from: "blaiselewis"I literally got back from my interview an hour ago, and my guy said at the end that I got the job!!!!
So I will be working (as long as he's not lying) in the boutiques at Easter and then on attractions during the Summer :) SO EXCITED!!!
My interview went something like this;
we went in in pairs, so I just went with the girl sitting next to me who I'd been chatting with, she was lovely.
We sat down and he asked us for our forms which we'd filled out before the presentation and our CVs and took a look at them. He then asked me (in English) why I wanted to work for Disney, and if I'd ever been to Disneyland Paris before, then he asked where I'd most like to work in Disneyland (I said 'literally anywhere!!!' and he laughed). Then he said "Now i'm gonna switch to French" and asked in French what my favourite job I'd ever had was, then a few more bits and bobs about my CV, and I went into full panic mode and all my french just fell out of my head, but he was really lovely and understanding and said at the end that my comprehension was spot on but I had difficulty choosing the right words, which is why he's put me on boutiques at easter to practice then attractions over the summer :)
I AM SO EXCITED, i really do hope he's not lying or I'm gonna be SO embarrassed!!!
GOOD LUCK TOUT LE MONDE <3

Congrats!
When do you leave? I'm going at the start of april it's soooo soon! I'm also working in boutiques ahh. Not really sure what to think about it atm, although I am very excited x

blaiselewis

Quote from: "tinker_26"Congrats!
When do you leave? I'm going at the start of april it's soooo soon! I'm also working in boutiques ahh. Not really sure what to think about it atm, although I am very excited x

I don't actually know, I think my exact dates will be emailed to me along with my contract... i hope so anyway! But if you're out there at the beginning of April then I will be seeing you there :O I'm a bit nervous/scared about going to live in France for so long but I reckon it'll be such an amazing experience that it'll be worth it... hopefully!!!!!!!!! haha xx

gldc

I literally have no experience but have good conversational french/english/portuguese and am friendly etc but as I said I have no experience in a job situation. ANd does anyone know how many days off you get a week during a summer contract? thanks
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com