Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tinglebells

Quote from: "WelshTink"I was at the hammersmith interview too! I'm going to be an 'Employé de restauration' :)
Does anyone know if I'll be placed in one specific restaurant, or if I moved around wherever is needed?

@tinglebells - will you be working easter or summer? I'm down for both, so I guess I will see you there!!

I'm down for both too! very excited but also quite nervous, is anybody else going out at easter?

crystel

hey everyone :)
just got an email from disneyland paris asking me to call them back to discuss my application, will they expect me to speak in french when i call them? also, anyone knows what questions they might ask?
i really really want to go to disney :D

peters_muppet

Hi Crystel, when you phone Disney, they will answer the phone and begin the conversation in English. After a couple of questions in English (normal questions such as why you want to work for Disney etc) they will ask if you speak French, leading in to the French section of the interview. They asked me questions such as had I visited Paris, had I visited Disney and also what my favourite part of the park is. I think she asked about other languages too in French so if you speak another language. The questions are easy, the interviewer speaks slow so just relax and try to understand because they seem to be looking for your ability to follow the conversation as much as your ability to answer in French. Good luck and relax and be yourself :D

Rachel

Hi Crystel, I got the same email yesterday and tried to ring this afternoon but kept getting a voicemail and it was in french so I didn't really know what it was saying but I think I left a message. Just wondering if you tried ringing yet and if you got through??   :?

morgymoo182

Is anybody going to the interview in Hammersmith on 3rd March?
Would be nice to have a buddy!

silj

Hi everybody,
I'm going to work at Disneyland next summer as "Counter service food and beverage host (employé de restauration)". Anybody knows if it can be working in a fast food restaurant, or would it be mentioned? ("cuisine rapide" or something like that)
Anybody here who has done this kind of a job in dlrp? (:

RoryGibs

Hi everyone,

Is anybody yet to hear about their interview from the 4th Feb in Hammersmith?
I'm worrying a little bit if it means I'm unsuccessful or not.
Any tips would be appreciated, cheers!

BelleJour

Bonjour tout le monde !

I have a interview in Newcastle and i was just wondering if someone could please shed some light on how the whole day works out as it is from 10-4 i.e what do you wear to it ? what sort of questions do they ask you? more so the ones in french, this is the one i am really worried about !!!is the interview very long ?

i would really appreciate a reply thank you :D

RoryGibs

Ah doesn't matter now!
Just found out yesterday that I've got a position in merchandise! Phew.

So long sunny south Wales for the summer!

BelleJour

Could you please give me some
Information about the interview?

morgymoo182

Quote from: "RoryGibs"Ah doesn't matter now!
Just found out yesterday that I've got a position in merchandise! Phew.

So long sunny south Wales for the summer!
Do you mind me asking how good your French is? Do you have to speak really good French to work in merchandise?

RoryGibs

Well I'm currently studying A Level French so I'd assume that you just need to be reasonably comfortable in holding a conversation in French.

The interview itself is pretty basic, there's just a presentation at the start to show you what working for the park involves and then they take two people for each interviewer at a time. The questions are all pretty basic too; why Disney; what qualities can you bring; etc. Depending on the interviewer is how much French you'd speak, mine was almost all in French however I was second to be interviewed out of the pair so I got the gist of the questions.

Naveen02

Heyy everyone,

Just a quick question:  if you're a face character, would it be a requirement to be able to speak French? Or wouldn't it matter?

Oh and are you allowed to audition when you're 17, providing you'll be 18 by the time you leave for Paris?

Thanks!

P.S. Congrats to everyone who managed to get their jobs & good luck to everyone auditioning or having interviews! :)

BelleJour

Quote from: "RoryGibs"Well I'm currently studying A Level French so I'd assume that you just need to be reasonably comfortable in holding a conversation in French.

The interview itself is pretty basic, there's just a presentation at the start to show you what working for the park involves and then they take two people for each interviewer at a time. The questions are all pretty basic too; why Disney; what qualities can you bring; etc. Depending on the interviewer is how much French you'd speak, mine was almost all in French however I was second to be interviewed out of the pair so I got the gist of the questions.

Hi! Was all of the interview in French?what sort of questions did she ask in French?please could you advise menon what sort of French to look over! Merci beaucoup!!

DisneyG83

Hey everybody,
Been reading the posts on this forum for a while now. It's great to find people who love disney as much as I do.
My dream is to work at Disneyland Paris.. but I have a long time to wait seen as I am currently at college and I have parents who wish for me to go to university first.

Stupid question, but when people talk about being friends with characters, do they mean that they are playing that character?
Hey There! Hi There! Ho There! It\'s A Disney Kind Of Day!
Just Like We Dreamed It
Do You Believe in Magic?
Magic Everywhere!

Feb. 2003 July 2012 June 2013