Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jennjennzo

Just agreeing with you, I thought you made a good point.

Ziema

Quote from: "miss_loocy"
Quote from: "Ziema"That's great! My contract lasts until the 3rd september. How about you? Two of my friends are going too, one also for boutiques and the other one hasn't got to know yet.
I'm sure it's going to be amazing, I just wish I got to know which boutique to qork at. I want to know my costume! Haha :)

Ours finishes on 5th September! I'm literally so excited to go, you'll have to write to me when you get there to let me know what it's like! I wonder which residences we'll be in, ive seen photos of both, but la boiserie looks loads nicer, ha.
Me too, I'd love to have a really cool costume, there's so many cafes and restaurants though, could be any for me :p
Are the boutiques themed as well?

Perfect :) I would prefer La Boiserie too, mostly because I don't want to share a studio with just one other person in les Pleiades. If I live with 3 or 5 other people, at least I will like one of them haha :D I wonder if it is possible to do a request? I would like to try to get to stay with my friends too...
The boutiques are themed yes. Like there is a pirate shop and safari shop in adventure land (ugh, I really don't want to wear a khaki outfit...) and on main street and fantasy land they wear blouses and skirts.

krissu

Hello, I would like to talk about the Disneyland Paris contract  etc with someone
please write me to my email :) mailto:okrissuo@gmail.com">okrissuo@gmail.com  :P
merci beaucoup ^^

JellyBeans92

Hi!

I've the phone interview on Monday and I was just wonder what should I expect from it like. I'm from Ireland so I don't have a casting session in my country. Will the phone interview just be a pre-interview to see if they want to bring me to a casting session, because the nearest would be London?
What kind of questions will the ask, how much French should I know... just I really want a job in DLP and I'm so excited about even getting an opportunity for the phone interview and I really don't want to mess it up.. help please  :mrgreen:

Congratsto everyone who's gotten their job and bonne chance to everyone else trying to get through like me  ;)

princess.saraah

Hello
I did an audition wednesday in paris
But I didn't made it after the dance session!
I don't quite understand why because I am a dancer and for me the dancing part went better than the animation part
I was Soooo Sad and I still am
because I know that I can do this and it is a dream of mine

I wrote a letter for the jasmine casting when I came home
and re applied my cv on the casting site and Daniel mailed me that there is nothing available at the moment
no I don't know what to do.
He told me to re apply 2 months before I am available
but the point is that I am always available...

Should I apply right away or should I wait??

Chiyo

Hello princess.sarah!

Yeah that happened  to me two times.... been cut after dance section. And I take dance lessons only since July last year *lol*

After my second  and last audition in January they told me I could reapply in June or July. So I would recommend you just to wait for June - before that month they will not invite you.
And when you apply in June they'll probably invite you for September, cause they're not doing audition in the summer months  :(

Hope I could help you with this informations

Greetings from Germany
Chiyo :)

Jens

Hey princess.saraah! I'm sorry that you got cut! Chin up though, as you never know what heights and skills (dance level, facial features, etc.) they need. It's not necessarily because you get cut you didn't impress them. You just need to fit in the profile they need and if they have heaps of people with your height and skills you sadly don't even get put on the waiting list. Just re-audition when Daniel told you and keep in mind the tips I gave a few posts up. Just fixate more on performing, not on doing a perfect dance routine. You can do it! Good luck!

miss_loocy

Quote from: "Ziema"
Quote from: "miss_loocy"
Quote from: "Ziema"That's great! My contract lasts until the 3rd september. How about you? Two of my friends are going too, one also for boutiques and the other one hasn't got to know yet.
I'm sure it's going to be amazing, I just wish I got to know which boutique to qork at. I want to know my costume! Haha :)

Ours finishes on 5th September! I'm literally so excited to go, you'll have to write to me when you get there to let me know what it's like! I wonder which residences we'll be in, ive seen photos of both, but la boiserie looks loads nicer, ha.
Me too, I'd love to have a really cool costume, there's so many cafes and restaurants though, could be any for me :p
Are the boutiques themed as well?

Perfect :) I would prefer La Boiserie too, mostly because I don't want to share a studio with just one other person in les Pleiades. If I live with 3 or 5 other people, at least I will like one of them haha :D I wonder if it is possible to do a request? I would like to try to get to stay with my friends too...
The boutiques are themed yes. Like there is a pirate shop and safari shop in adventure land (ugh, I really don't want to
wear a khaki outfit...) and on main street and fantasy land they wear blouses and skirts.

Yeah, from pictures I've seen, it looks so much nicer too, with a separate kitchen and everything! Me and my friend have both requested to live together, and they said they'd see what they can do... I reckon I might be in les pleiades though, because that's written at the top of my contract for some reason :s Does yours have an address at the top?
Ha, a khaki safari outfit would not be cool, a pirate or cowboy outfit or something definitely would. You might swap round and work in different ones anyway though?

petronel

Hello
I've been selected to work in Disneyland in the Bucharest session,starting in May ..So nervous..
Hope I'l make some friends here and maybe get together there in the resort..

petronel

Yeah, from pictures I've seen, it looks so much nicer too, with a separate kitchen and everything! Me and my friend have both requested to live together, and they said they'd see what they can do... I reckon I might be in les pleiades though, because that's written at the top of my contract for some reason :s Does yours have an address at the top?
Ha, a khaki safari outfit would not be cool, a pirate or cowboy outfit or something definitely would. You might swap round and work in different ones anyway though?[/quote]

Hi, I've seen that you alreadu got your contract, did you received it right away in the interview or  later via email?
I'm asking because i had my interview in the 22 this month and still haven't received the contract even though i've signed it at that moment. So my question is 'when did you received it'? :)
Thanks

gldc

Ah well 3 weeks today and heard nothing back from Disney  :( Was really looking forward to it.
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com

rebekkainwonderland

Quote from: "princess.saraah"Hello
I did an audition wednesday in paris
But I didn't made it after the dance session!
I don't quite understand why because I am a dancer and for me the dancing part went better than the animation part
I was Soooo Sad and I still am
because I know that I can do this and it is a dream of mine

I wrote a letter for the jasmine casting when I came home
and re applied my cv on the casting site and Daniel mailed me that there is nothing available at the moment
no I don't know what to do.
He told me to re apply 2 months before I am available
but the point is that I am always available...

Should I apply right away or should I wait??

Hello princess.saraah!

I attended to the paris audition on wednesday too! And I didnt make it after the dance session either.. :( were you in the english speaking group or the french?
 now, im interested in you reapplying. Did you reapply your CV to the talent casting in france or in another country?

and to others, if you could help me, is it possible for me to apply for the the talent casting in the uk after attending a private audition in france? and also are the ones in london open-call-auditions, is it even necessary to reapply my cv or can i just go there?

i would be thankful for any help!

rebekkainwonderland   :)

CharlottexBelle

Heyy guysss,

Is anyone going to the London auditions? I am and i'm soooo nervous coz of the whole "loads of theatre schools in area" thing. When i auditioned a few weeks ago in London i was soooo intimidated by all the "theatre-school" types and well yeah i'm sooo scared again but it's such a dream so i just have to conquer my fear and get over it and just focus on myself and not care what anyone else thinks!

They say the minimum is 4 months but i would like a 3 month summer contract. Is that possible do you think? A friend of mine said she got a shorter contract but it wasn't a summer one, it was over xmas!

Jens

Hey Charlotte! Don't worry about the audition in London. I went in London too and there are indeed a lot of dancers and "actors", but like I said earlier, they are not looking for proffesional dancers and shakespearie actors (if you catch my drift). They are looking for people with loads of energy to perform! Don't be scared, you'll do great! :)

About the contracts; I have also heard that they sometimes give people a 3 month contract, but that was also a case in the xmas season and I'm not sure they are willing to give people a short contract for the summer months. Just ask at the audition when you pass (and you will!).

miss_loocy

Quote from: "petronel"Yeah, from pictures I've seen, it looks so much nicer too, with a separate kitchen and everything! Me and my friend have both requested to live together, and they said they'd see what they can do... I reckon I might be in les pleiades though, because that's written at the top of my contract for some reason :s Does yours have an address at the top?
Ha, a khaki safari outfit would not be cool, a pirate or cowboy outfit or something definitely would. You might swap round and work in different ones anyway though?

Hi, I've seen that you alreadu got your contract, did you received it right away in the interview or  later via email?
I'm asking because i had my interview in the 22 this month and still haven't received the contract even though i've signed it at that moment. So my question is 'when did you received it'? :)
Thanks[/quote]

I received confirmation of the job about a month later by email, and then about a month after that, I got a paper contract through the post which I had to sign and send back to them. Don't worry, you will get the contract, just takes a while to come through! :)