Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

princess.saraah

Hi rebekka
I was in the english part, You?
maybe we spoke to each other :D
anyway
I wrote a letter because the are looking for jasmine 'urgent' and I am waiting for an answer.
I reapplied my cv on the site and got an email back that they don't have anything for me right now
but that I should reapply whenever I am free for 6 months or longer 2 months before I could actually start.
But I am always free so I mailed Daniel with the question when according to him I could best reapply

Then there is an open audition in may in Amsterdam where I am gonna attend

Here is my email mailto:sarahsonck@msn.com">sarahsonck@msn.com

carrie-ann

hey ya is anyone going to the london audition in april and has anyone been befor that could give me and good tips?  im soo nervous ive red a little on the internet that they do an animation and a dance round just wondered what sort of stuff they do?

:) carrie-ann

JellyBeans92

Hi

I was just wondering is anyone else going to the Dublin casting session in April.. I am and I'm dead nervous about it!

Shauna

jjmccrae

Hey Everyone!

I called Disneyland Paris HR Department this morning and had a phone interview (oh this was after them asking me to call, not me just calling them up). The woman I spoke to was really lovely, and because I'm actually in DLP on 4th April the next round of London casting, then put me on the list for May 3rd Casting.

I am new to the boards, but not new to Disney.   I've just come back from completing the Cultural Representative Program in Walt Disney World (Orlando, FL), doing food and beverage, and before that I did the Graduate J-1 Program and done Park Greeter and Ticketing at Epcot.  LOVE LOVE LOVED them both!

Excited about DLP Interview, the problem I'm now worried/faced with is my French.  I done the tiniest bit of French is high school but that was almost 10 years ago, and I don't remember any of it.   WOOPS!

Will be going back through this thread to see about hints at what stuff they're gonna ask in french.

Jonathan

gldc

Quote from: "jjmccrae"Hey Everyone!

I called Disneyland Paris HR Department this morning and had a phone interview (oh this was after them asking me to call, not me just calling them up). The woman I spoke to was really lovely, and because I'm actually in DLP on 4th April the next round of London casting, then put me on the list for May 3rd Casting.

I am new to the boards, but not new to Disney.   I've just come back from completing the Cultural Representative Program in Walt Disney World (Orlando, FL), doing food and beverage, and before that I did the Graduate J-1 Program and done Park Greeter and Ticketing at Epcot.  LOVE LOVE LOVED them both!

Excited about DLP Interview, the problem I'm now worried/faced with is my French.  I done the tiniest bit of French is high school but that was almost 10 years ago, and I don't remember any of it.   WOOPS!

Will be going back through this thread to see about hints at what stuff they're gonna ask in french.

Jonathan

Is this for a permorming role and when did you apply? Also did you use the website for this? Sory for all the Qs  :oops:
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com

jjmccrae

Quote from: "gldc"
Quote from: "jjmccrae"Hey Everyone!

Jonathan

Is this for a permorming role and when did you apply? Also did you use the website for this? Sory for all the Qs  :oops:

Website, applied for the upcoming London event, wrote a cover letter explaining my previous roles and how Casting in FL said I should contact them, two days letter got an email saying very very impressed with my CV and previous experience and said I should call.
What I applied for was just general information for a hiring event, nothing to do with entertainment and I doubt checked during the phone conversation with the woman this AM.

JimmyC

Is anyone else here going for the interview session in Dublin on the 6th of April? I have very good spoken French, having studied it at school at higher level, and worked at a residential French-language summer camp in the summer of 2009, but I  haven't practiced much all year and just started bricking it. :-S I've been focusing on my Japanese this year - I didn't even think of applying for here until my friend suggested it to me around Christmas!

Sure I've got a week to run through French interview questions, once I start practicing them I'm sure I'll calm down. Oh, to anyone who has gone for the interviews before, how formal are they? Are they looking for smart casual or a suit or what? Being Disney after all, I'm not sure what to expect.

JellyBeans92

Hey JimmyC

I'm heading to the Dublin interview session next Wednesday. Maybe I'll see ya there.
I only applied for it a few weeks ago and I've been studying my French for the last few weeks for it so fingers crossed. I've heard the interviews are usually grand, but I was wondering about the dress code thing too?

Laura678

Quote from: "JellyBeans92"Hey JimmyC

I'm heading to the Dublin interview session next Wednesday. Maybe I'll see ya there.
I only applied for it a few weeks ago and I've been studying my French for the last few weeks for it so fingers crossed. I've heard the interviews are usually grand, but I was wondering about the dress code thing too?

Hiya,
Where did you hear about the Dublin interview session? Was it only after you had applied or was it beforehand?
[size=150]All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them - Walt Disney[/size]

JellyBeans92

Hi Laura

I had applied online over a month ago, and just over a week ago I got an email to ring them. I rang them on Monday and they asked me to go to Dublin for a interview session.

Laura678

Quote from: "JellyBeans92"Hi Laura

I had applied online over a month ago, and just over a week ago I got an email to ring them. I rang them on Monday and they asked me to go to Dublin for a interview session.

That is exciting! I had planned on applying for this summer, but decided to leave it until next summer when I am finished college... Best of luck! Let us know how you get on! I would love to be going this summer!
[size=150]All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them - Walt Disney[/size]

JellyBeans92

Quote from: "Laura678"
Quote from: "JellyBeans92"Hi Laura

That is exciting! I had planned on applying for this summer, but decided to leave it until next summer when I am finished college... Best of luck! Let us know how you get on! I would love to be going this summer!

Yeah, I'm actually nervous and excited at the same time, my French wouldn't be fluent but I'd love to work in Disneyland for the summer!
And how many other people can say they've an interview for Disneyland on their birthday!  :mrgreen:

peters_muppet

Hey!

I was at the Hammersmith interviews in January and I am starting my contract on June 11th so moving over on June 10th. Very excited! Anyone else have a similar start date? It would be great to know a few people before I get there! :)

Ziema

Quote from: "miss_loocy"
Quote from: "Ziema"
Quote from: "miss_loocy"Ours finishes on 5th September! I'm literally so excited to go, you'll have to write to me when you get there to let me know what it's like! I wonder which residences we'll be in, ive seen photos of both, but la boiserie looks loads nicer, ha.
Me too, I'd love to have a really cool costume, there's so many cafes and restaurants though, could be any for me :p
Are the boutiques themed as well?

Perfect :) I would prefer La Boiserie too, mostly because I don't want to share a studio with just one other person in les Pleiades. If I live with 3 or 5 other people, at least I will like one of them haha :D I wonder if it is possible to do a request? I would like to try to get to stay with my friends too...
The boutiques are themed yes. Like there is a pirate shop and safari shop in adventure land (ugh, I really don't want to
wear a khaki outfit...) and on main street and fantasy land they wear blouses and skirts.

Yeah, from pictures I've seen, it looks so much nicer too, with a separate kitchen and everything! Me and my friend have both requested to live together, and they said they'd see what they can do... I reckon I might be in les pleiades though, because that's written at the top of my contract for some reason :s Does yours have an address at the top?
Ha, a khaki safari outfit would not be cool, a pirate or cowboy outfit or something definitely would. You might swap round and work in different ones anyway though?

Exactly! Where did you request that? Just sent them an e-mail? It's written somewhere in the contracts that they put that address on everyone at the start, just because they don't know where we will be housed yet. So no worries :D
I think we will be assigned to a shop, but if they need people somewhere else I guess they will move us around.

gldc

It's sort of demoralising that I didn't even so much as get an email asking me to call them  :cry:
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com