What do you Think of Aquanura compared to Disney Dreams?

Started by Robert97, May 31, 2012, 11:26:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert97

What did you all think of Aquanura compared to Dreams, I think both of these shows are completely different and don't have a favorite.

dlpfan1992

Lets see Aquanura is a water show where Dreams is not a water show. The only show you can compare it to is WOC.  :)

Thaliel

I have not heard of Aquanura before, but there is shows similar to dreams every year in late July and August at the Autostadt in Wolfsburg (the place where Volkswagen cars are made). Dreams is just really unique, but the shows that Autostadt puty together each year are also amazing and I go to see at least one of them for the last 4 years now
You can see some vids of some of the shows  on their YT channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/autostadt/videos
(all the way down on the rightmost side and the first one on page 2)

No matter what you think is better, it is just awesome to see different elemts like water and fire come together with music and lots of colours

though that one was not
<-Plz click

DutchBrit

Quote from: "Robert97"What did you all think of Aquanura compared to Dreams, I think both of these shows are completely different and don't have a favorite.

Perhaps it might be useful to let people see what on earth Aquanura is? Seeing as the first show was only last night and there is only a very slim chance that any poster on this messgae board was actually there to see it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpOOjB0B ... ature=plcp

That said, I did watch it live on the local TV channel. Very impressive, I thought. But I'm not sure it's valid to compare Dreams and Aquanura as about the only thing they have in common is that they are nighttime shows at a theme park. And presumably you have to see both live in order to make any sort of judgement.

The only thing that occurs to me is that's it's probably easier to get a good uninterruped view of Aquanura. And if you get there early and get a spot by the railings, you can be pretty sure that you are not going to get some late-comer standing right in front of you, as seems to be an issue in Paris!

*TIMMIE*

Pssst... ;) Here is more information about Aquanura on these forums: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=10949

Maybe these topics should be merged?

ed-uk

Thanks for posting the video. I enjoyed the opening music, Sleepy Lagoon by Eric Coates, very English. I wouldn't compare it to Dreams the shows are very different, and yet Dreams does have more magic and emotion for me. I compare Aquanura more to World of Colour, but it's not as impressive as World of Colour. Not sure about the fireworks around the bay at the end, looked more like an after thought to fit some fireworks in than part of the show, but that's a small point.
Ed & David

JelleP

Disney Dreams is indeed completely different than AquanurA.
That said, I don't think AquanurA is as emotional as Disney Dreams is when foreign visitors watch it. The music is very well known by Dutch guests and for me it reminds me of my childhood; visiting the Efteling with my grandfather. But people who visit the Efteling for the first time it's "just a nice water show."
Disney has the advantage of having beautiful music that is very well known by a lot of people. Many guests get emotional when hearing the songs they used to love when they were a child.
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

ed-uk

And also Dreams tells a story with very well known characters, and as you say has the advantage of beautiful music. I did like the music in Aquanura and was surprised to hear Sleepy Lagoon, although it does fit into the show well.
Ed & David

DutchBrit

Quote from: "ed-uk"Thanks for posting the video. I enjoyed the opening music, Sleepy Lagoon by Eric Coates, very English. I wouldn't compare it to Dreams the shows are very different, and yet Dreams does have more magic and emotion for me. I compare Aquanura more to World of Colour, but it's not as impressive as World of Colour. Not sure about the fireworks around the bay at the end, looked more like an after thought to fit some fireworks in than part of the show, but that's a small point.

The music used in the show is music used in various attractions, so for someone who knows the Efteling, they are as recognisable as Disney songs, have emotions built in because of that and I think they worked very well with the effects.

The fireworks won't be there normally, neither will the walkway they were around the edge of. There was also a further display that wasn't included in that video, but it was all just for the special celebration last night.

It was mentioned that the show may also be performed in daylight (and that it works very well), so I guess that is one advantage.

ed-uk

I liked the effects and music and think the show worked well. Thanks for explaining about the fireworks at the end not being apart of the show. Thinking about it something like Aquanura could work well on Lake Disney if it were possible and practical for DLP to do that, which it wont be. For nighttime entertainment Disney Dreams is still the winner for me, I've never seen anything quite like Dreams before.
Ed & David

*TIMMIE*

By the sleepy lagoon is used for the fairytale The Magical Clock in one of the oldest parts of the park (Herautenplein). In that part also is the Frog and the princess situated.

The more I see the video of Aquanura the more I see very nice details. Like the way the lights are used to simulate Villa volta, The dancing water lillies  which really seem to dance during the show (African Beat), The colors of the knights of Raveleijn. Real memories after a day of Efteling and because the show is about memories it is a well fit for me. :)

I won't compare it to Disney. Allthough it is a big plus for the Efteling as it is being compared to the biggest show makers on earth. But it is impossible as Disney is a show with a story around decades of cinema. Something the Efteling has not, and can not create in my opinion. As for that it are two completely different shows in two completely different environment.
The Efteling did with Aquanura what it is supposed to do with the show: re-live memories of a trip to the Efteling. Even with more detail than I expected. :)

davewasbaloo

Both shows are great (although Orgue de Fue at Puy du Fou is more like Aquanara. But as I love efteling and it's music, I really love the look of this show. While I give Dreams the edge, Aquanara will be a more civilised experience, no doubt.
since 2001 (many before that)

Vegitabeta

I think it looked great.  Was a shame to see a lot of Disney fan sites verbally bashing it on Twitter.  Like some of you have said, you can't really compare it to Dreams, or WoC for that matter.  Some folks were mentioning that there were no projections, but we have to bear in mind that Efteling is a theme park only, and doesn't have film clips that it could project.  Projecting the rides onto mist screens wouldn't make sense when you've probably just spent all day riding them!

JelleP

Quote from: "Vegitabeta"Projecting the rides onto mist screens wouldn't make sense when you've probably just spent all day riding them!
Exactly! AquanurA lets you feel the emotions you had during the day again using fountains to express them. And the music makes you feel nostalgic of you've visited the Efteling in your childhood.
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

ed-uk

The point is Aquanura fits into the enviroment in Efteling and people who know the park feel the emotion, and Disney Dreams fits into DLP, so both shows work in their own enviroments in my view. One show uses a lagoon and the other a castle. It probably is wrong to compare because the shows are so different, and yet for me as a Disney fan, Disney Dreams is a beautiful show with fireworks, fountains and projections. Fans of Efteling who know and love the park, may have stronger or similar emotions for their fountain show, but clearly the shows are not ment to be the same.
Ed & David