What do you Think of Aquanura compared to Disney Dreams?

Started by Robert97, May 31, 2012, 11:26:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fairest-one-of-all

I went to the Efteling last week, and the park closed at 6 PM. So, unfortunately I couldn't see all the colors and lights because of the daylight.  The only thing I saw was just water. This way it got quite boring actually. I saw the premier of Aquanura on tv, and it looked so much better when it's dark. I really want to go back this summer when the park is opened until midnight,'cause I really want to see the show when it's dark.
Because of all that, it was all kind of underwhelming. The music was great, even though it wasn't the same than the actual music you hear during the rides.

JelleP

Quote from: "Fairest-one-of-all"The music was great, even though it wasn't the same than the actual music you hear during the rides.
Well actually... It is... :')
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

Vegitabeta

Yeah it seems to be the same but 'enhanced'  I know that the Brabant orchestra re-recorded it for Aquanura.

Fairest-one-of-all

Quote from: "JelleP"
Quote from: "Fairest-one-of-all"The music was great, even though it wasn't the same than the actual music you hear during the rides.

What I actually mean to say is that the music isn't as bombastic as in the rides, which I think is such a shame. Haha, I'm sorry for my bad explanation. :lol:

JelleP

Quote from: "Fairest-one-of-all"
Quote from: "JelleP"

What I actually mean to say is that the music isn't as bombastic as in the rides, which I think is such a shame. Haha, I'm sorry for my bad explanation. :lol:
Ah, got it ;)
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

kavin01

I think it's amazing !

*TIMMIE*

Bart de Boer stated Aquanura has been tweaked. Especially the version by day. Overall there should be more details and they should use more hight in the daily performance.

Lorum

Aquanura is sub-par compared to Disney Dreams!
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

Soap

Aquanura isn't even in the same league as what i have seen from Disney Dreams.
Saw the Efteling show a few weeks back and it's a "ok" show, especially the fountains and a soundtrack are great.

It's a great addition to the Efteling thou and really needed.
But no Disney magic ;-)
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Lorum

Exactly.
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

DutchBrit

Quote from: "Soap"It's a great addition to the Efteling thou and really needed. But no Disney magic ;-)

Not what the Efteling managment are aiming for though, is it? Disney characters would be out of place in the Efteling, just as the Sprookjesbos could never fit in at Disney. Apples and Pineapples. Both good in their own ways.

ed-uk

Quote from: "DutchBrit"
Quote from: "Soap"It's a great addition to the Efteling thou and really needed. But no Disney magic ;-)

Not what the Efteling managment are aiming for though, is it? Disney characters would be out of place in the Efteling, just as the Sprookjesbos could never fit in at Disney. Apples and Pineapples. Both good in their own ways.

What's a Sprookjesbos I wonder ? Indeed, Aquanura and Dreams look like very different shows.  Aquanura full of Efteling magic I'm sure, not that i've seen it in person and Dreams more spectacular and full of Disney magic.
Ed & David

Thaliel

Sprookjesbos  are, basically speaking, fairytale/stroybook characters, any ppl from BeNeLux correct me plz if I am wrong
<-Plz click

DutchBrit

Quote from: "Thaliel"Sprookjesbos  are, basically speaking, fairytale/stroybook characters, any ppl from BeNeLux correct me plz if I am wrong

Almost:  the translation for "Sprookjesbos" is "Fairytale wood", the oldest part of the Efteling and where it all began 60 years ago. It's really a wood with real trees and amongst the trees you find little scenes, figures and attractions representing various fairy tales. https://www.google.com/search?num=10&hl ... sUFvCKXBws

It's extremely well done and very pretty, and personally I think it's got a reality and charm that you would never find at a Disney park. But, as with Dreams and Aquanura, comparisions are mostly pointless - they are too different!

Soap

Quote from: "DutchBrit"

Well i dont agree with you there.
The Efteling and DLRP are in the same business (themeparc imageneering) and you can compare them very good imho.
Both try to give you the believe of entering another world, more then for example Sixflags/Walibi kind of parcs.
So i expect surely that Efteling management watched the succes of World of Colour in the US and thought to put
up such a show in the Efteling. And they did a good job with it, that for sure.

But on that level Aquanura is an ok closing show (and great for dutch Efteling visitors!), but Disney Dreams is a more and an almost epic closing event for a themeparc in my humble opinion.

And offcourse Disney characters shouldn't be the Efteling....

But opinions may differ offcourse  :thumbs:
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney