Disney Dreams! — Nighttime Spectacular

Started by Festival Disney, April 14, 2011, 01:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coruscantpt

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"Fantillusion is running EVERY NIGHT in 2012 - from April.  It ain't going anywhere, get ready for Fantillusion overkill. Park is open til 10pm or 11pm EVERY NIGHT!  :thumbs:

And the plans for the 20th Anniversary nighttime spectacular look incredible! Think of Fantasmic, World of Colour, Wishes.... its from the maker of World of Colour and Tokyo's Fantasmic... the budget is huge... imaginations are running wild... everyone is very excited! Finally a true nighttime epic event in Paris! Get ready for all your "DREAMS" to come true!  ;)

How do you know all this? hope it is true indeed. It would be great to have Fantillusion on a nightly basis or at least during weekends all year round.
DLP - July 1994 / March 2002 / August 2007 / December 2010 / 2011 - Anual Passholder \":P\"

WDW - May 2006 / May 2008 / August 2009

Anthony

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"Fantillusion is running EVERY NIGHT in 2012 - from April.  It ain't going anywhere, get ready for Fantillusion overkill. Park is open til 10pm or 11pm EVERY NIGHT!  :thumbs:
Great to hear this from another source! Longer opening hours will actually be a pretty fantastic anniversary present.

peter

wow... wow... wow... wow...wow

WOW!

but, the fantilusion floats are already struggling, how will they cope with constant use, or will they have cast members giving them a push from behind! :lol:

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Anthony"
Great to hear this from another source! Longer opening hours will actually be a pretty fantastic anniversary present.

Agreed, we are finally going to get proper Disney hours rather than European park hours!!!  :thumbs:
since 2001 (many before that)

DLP-Photos.com

Great news, great news...

Long nights all year is amazing the same is Fanti every night. The few new notes regarding the new show are exciting too - cannot wait to hear more... Combining this with the great POC-news the 20th looks like a very enjoyable celebration so far :-)
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

gimli999

I don't know if this is relevant to this discussion, but today was a red carpet event for cast only and just now at ten thirty the night sky lit up for about ten to twenty seconds with a fire work display like the finale of wishes. Can anyone find out about this event?

To me: I am a long time lurker to this forum and this is the first time a may have a scoop to add  :D

lubynoo

All of these rumours sound amazing. I adore the fant parade and I would love to watch that daily. I am also looking forward to a water type show and I really want some amazing fireworks!!

I am expecting and amazing hub show too!!

Josh

Yay! It's great to hear that Fantillusion is staying! It's got to be the best night-time parade, if only for the soundtrack! XD

This is just a bit of conjecture, but maybe this rumour for a new parade was that they're going to be touching up the Fantillusion floats. They would look brilliant if they had something like new LED lights.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

peter

Interesting, once upon a dream is in good nick, and 2012 is going to be Disneyland parks year, so maybe it is just a plussing

pussinboots

Quote from: "Meph"They would look brilliant if they had something like new LED lights.

Why? Because energy efficiency is the most magical gift of all?

But the news about the longer hours is fantastic. No one should have to leave a Disney park without a proper nighttime finale.

dagobert

Quote from: "pussinboots"
Quote from: "Meph"They would look brilliant if they had something like new LED lights.

Why? Because energy efficiency is the most magical gift of all?

Take a look at the new floats of Tokyo's Electrical Dreamlight's parade which look incredible with the new LEDs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MoqZKe7M9A

MissDisneyisMagical

longer hours sound fantastic and as for fantillusion im ecstatic!
<center><embed src="http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/show.swf?message=Kirsty&font=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/fonts/plainn_lib.swf&glitter=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/glitters/glitter78.swf&clickURL=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/&type=0&clickLABEL=Glitter Text Maker&flashLABEL=Satisfaction.com&bevel=0&shadow=1&glow=1&blur=0&fade=0&blink=0&gb=2&ga=0.6&gi=0&gc=16210663&bb=2&bc=0&sb=7&sa=0.7&si=0&sc=0&blb=7&ls=0&fontsize=60&num=78" quality="best" wmode="

Josh

Quote from: "pussinboots"Why? Because energy efficiency is the most magical gift of all?
Lol. The LEDs are usually more easily controlled, more reliable and they can be more finely placed, so the floats can be a lot more colourful. You can have loads of fade-y effects with them as well, like in dagobert's video. ;)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

pussinboots

I don't know. LED spectacle is everywhere nowadays — at concerts, at hip hotels, in bars, at airports, at big box stores, as part of architectural projects, on billboards, in T-shirts, at conventions. Is anyone still impressed to see a wall of LEDs light up like a television screen?

I'm not saying they shouldn't use LEDs for future nighttime parades (and of course they will), but the nifty possibilities of LED certainly won't be the attraction any more than people come to see the Once Upon a Dream Parade to see large quantities of painted fiberglass.

Besides, Fantillusion! and SpectroMagic! were both technologically superior to the Main Street Electrical Parade, but surely they won't be remembered half as fondly as their predecessor. I guess my point is that techno novelty is not a good thing to hang a nighttime parade on, especially if that parade will still be performed fifteen years from now.

The Genie float is a neat idea, though.

Josh

That's a good point. I guess the old bulbs have a dated nostalgia to them, which is why they're still thought of so fondly.

But personally, it's the soundtrack that I like most of all in Fantillusion. XD That and the stronger sense of a story.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]April 2012[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]