Disney Magical Moments Festival (From April 2011)

Started by Kristof, September 01, 2010, 09:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlemermaid83

Welll....I'm kinda peeved off with that trailer.

They obv used the ones from that Disneymotion comp and ones taken from the Americans park adverts and shoved them together to make.....well nothing! What a pile of tosh. They should of just used my videos of my child having a great time in Disneyland and used that lol.  But seriously I could of edited something together better than that.

and the Remy photolocation, please tell me thats not real? LMFAO.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

dlrpkris

Some of those visuals are sensational. I especially like the first... reusing the Christmas artwork a little... just without the Christmas tree on Town Square. Gives a sense of epic-ness :)

As for the trailer... nice concept... but the music is overly dramatic to start with. It needs to show how special the moment is with a heart-warming slower more 'magical' tune. Sure when it gets to showing the parks then can hype it up, but the moment you tell a child they're going to Disneyland is beautiful... not something from a Hollywood movie. Certainly doesn't match the shaky visuals
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

littlemermaid83

All I have left to add is that if this is just a teaser trailer, I dread to imagine what the full one will be?

You would not know that by the videos used on that the children have just been told they are going to Disneyland Paris, except 2 of them I would say. Ok you may think I'm bitter about not winning the Disneymotion comp (I'm not really lol) but why ask for videos of magical moments when your going to use mocked up ones in the park of actors etc. It defeats the object. I want to see REAL people having fun at Disneyland, not a paid child actor.

I do like the park visuals though, just the start of it sucks. Really looks like some 15 year old edited that part together on Windows Movie Maker lol
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

dagobert

Hopefully the real trailer used for advertising DLRP will be more professional. When will DLRP start to produce proper made advertising campaigns?
I read in a German newspaper that TWDC Germany, Austria and Switzerland hired a real advertising agency which will also promote DLRP in these countries (the page is in German: http://www.gce-agency.com/news_gce_disney.html). So maybe there is a little chance that we will see better trailers and aover here.

Anthony

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"Ok you may think I'm bitter about not winning the Disneymotion comp (I'm not really lol) but why ask for videos of magical moments when your going to use mocked up ones in the park of actors etc. It defeats the object. I want to see REAL people having fun at Disneyland, not a paid child actor.
The Disneymotion videos will probably be used in the joint DLP/WDW TV campaign which begins Sunday. I really wouldn't get too hung up on this trailer, it hasn't been used anywhere publicly yet (aside from me uploading it there). Hopefully they won't put it on Disney DVDs like previous years...

Going back to what's happening in the parks -- some of those concepts are actually quite nice. The Aladdin "Magic Lamp" concept looks great, and along with the Peter Pan location will bring a bit of life to that rather dead area of Adventureland. I wonder if the Magic Lamp event will be similar in style to Merlin? Children rub the lamp, eventually the Genie appears? The extra characters at Crush's Coaster are very welcome too, all notable in their absence before now. It'll help appease the kids who are too young/scared to ride.

Disney Dance Express, however, looks frightening like the Disney Dance Crew (DCA), doesn't it? And that Ratatouille photo location, stolen from a dilapidated seaside pier somewhere... seriously? This is what Disneyland Paris imagineer now, photo backdrops with holes cut in them? Watch out, Blackpool.

DopeyDad

So are those photo location images from DLP? I assumed they were speculative images from some fan site.

Tuvok

Yes, those concept arts are from DLP, but are supposed to be for internal use only. Obviously someone leaked them to the internet. Not the 'Disney quality standard', I know, but they were never meant that way, only to get a rough visualisation of the locations in the parks.

Sources are confirming that the Disney Dance Express will feature music from the 'Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It!' interactive parade in Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom, so no Disney Dance Crew stuff.

For an 'in between'-year, I think Magical Moments can realy deliver, based on the press release. I honestly thought it would be something like Next Generation Festival Part Deux to reduce the costs, but they are intensifying the entertainment offerings (a new Peter Pan happening, the return of Tarzan), which is very nice. Looking forward to it!
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "Anthony"The Disneymotion videos will probably be used in the joint DLP/WDW TV campaign which begins Sunday. I really wouldn't get too hung up on this trailer, it hasn't been used anywhere publicly yet (aside from me uploading it there). Hopefully they won't put it on Disney DVDs like previous years...

I hope your right Anthony,  but I just don't see how they can use magical moments from WDW to promote a completely different park where the experiences are so different. ....I guess we will see what the TV campaign brings us on Sunday.

I'm excited about all the new happenings in the park though, though the concept art is so bad I can see what they are aiming for.

Tuvok

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"
Quote from: "Anthony"The Disneymotion videos will probably be used in the joint DLP/WDW TV campaign which begins Sunday. I really wouldn't get too hung up on this trailer, it hasn't been used anywhere publicly yet (aside from me uploading it there). Hopefully they won't put it on Disney DVDs like previous years...

I hope your right Anthony,  but I just don't see how they can use magical moments from WDW to promote a completely different park where the experiences are so different. ....I guess we will see what the TV campaign brings us on Sunday.

I'm excited about all the new happenings in the park though, though the concept art is so bad I can see what they are aiming for.

I understand what you're saying, but the essence of the use of these 'magical home video moments' is to show how excited people (and especially children) get when they are told that they are going to Disney. Whether that's Disneyland in California, Walt Disney World in Florida or Disneyland in Paris, it doesn't matter. The phrase 'we're going to disneyland!' is unique and the goal for DLP is to reach the parents of children to get them to want the same reaction from their children when they tell them they're going to Disneyland.

What I don't understand is the use of actual footage from other resorts (like the parade in this video for instance). They have beautiful footage from Disney's Once Upon A Dream, Disney's Stars 'n' Cars and Disney's Fantillusion to use in their commercials, yet they decide to show us a parade which cannot be seen here. Strange indeed.

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "Tuvok"I understand what you're saying, but the essence of the use of these 'magical home video moments' is to show how excited people (and especially children) get when they are told that they are going to Disney. Whether that's Disneyland in California, Walt Disney World in Florida or Disneyland in Paris, it doesn't matter. The phrase 'we're going to disneyland!' is unique and the goal for DLP is to reach the parents of children to get them to want the same reaction from their children when they tell them they're going to Disneyland.

But you don't even know by the first couple of videos that, that is even whats going on. If you look at the US parks promotion they show you most of the video where they are being told where they are going. The ones DLP have used look like well..... If it wasn't shoved into a awful promotional trailer them kids could of been going anywhere. The videos I have seen from the other campaign well they made me shed a few tears, this had a opposite effect.

I'm sure DLP will pull something magical out the bag on Sunday when the official campaign starts, they haven't failed us yet *snort* ;)

Anthony

There's what seems to be a brief preview of the new ads on the UK homepage: http://www.disneylandparis.co.uk/index.xhtml

Looks good, nice music. I can definitely see this hitting a chord with parents.

Also, http://magical-moments.disneylandparis.co.uk is probably where the MMF pages will be.

dlrpkris

Oh I love that music! Really dramatic but quite modern and new territory for DLP. Quite a departure from the usual.
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

Tuvok

Now that's a great commercial! It would have been even better if you could actualy 'hear' the excitement of the children. Just that moment of joy and chear. Truely magical!

alternativerock123

Wow, that's really great! I love the music. Made a tear come to my eye. =]

Also, the pages for what's coming soon is also really pretty. I can't wait to find out more about them. ^^

The "Share your emotions" page was nice too, seeing the videos and pictures are awesome.  =D
  :thumbs:
31st Aug - 1st Sept 2010 = Kyriad Torcy (First Time <3)
11th - 14th July 2011 = New York Hotel
2nd - 4th Aug 2011 = Kyriad Torcy
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
13th March 2012 (Disneyland Cal)
10th - 13th April 2012= Hotel L'Elysée
30th May - 1st June 2012 = Hotel L'Elysée
31st Oct - 1st Nov 2012 = Residence Prestige
18th - 20th July 2013 - Residence Prestige
9th -11th Nov 2013 = Hotel L'Elysée (First Christmas Trip!)
Coming soon:
29th April - 1st May = Hipark Serris.

littlemermaid83

I like the video on the homepage very cute!

I've filled 2 pages full of Magical Moments on there page lol, Just waiting for all the things I submitted to be accepted. Wonder what prizes you can win.