Princess Pavilion in Fantasyland (Now Open)

Started by Anthony, August 21, 2010, 04:52:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PetiteSirene

One can hope the magic moments will be rather similiar to the Year of a Million Dreams in WDW, where they suprise random guests with special experiences like being in the parade. Of course the best prize of the Million Dreams was being picked to stay in the castle... They cant do that here but maybe an upgrade to a suite in the DLH?  Oops! :offtopic: :lol:

They need more meet and greet areas like the one they have in Epcot (though I have heard that Woodys round up is sometimes run in this fashion) Where you have one queue and you meet a bunch of characters in a row.

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

pussinboots

But why not use the Fantasy Festival Stage? It doesn't seem like they have any intention of ever using that again anyway.

PetiteSirene

I agree the FFS would be a good meet and greet area, but perhaps if the rumours of its destruction in the future are true than they may be avoiding using it for any purpose that might mean they would need to keep/move it?

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

RiverRogue

Quote from: "pussinboots"It's pretty much physically a part of the Small World complex, though, isn't it?

They did manage a nice marriage of themes with the Fantasia Gelati area, where they kept the pastel colors and gaiety of It's a Small World but without the abstract element. Perhaps if they build the princesses something with the aesthetic of a cupcake, it might fit...

Yeah, I guess they may also play up the cartoony qualities, as they did with L'Arbre Enchanté and with Belle's Christmas Village in that area. That'd at least link the different styles around it. But it doesn't solve the fact that it's an odd spot to shoehorn the princesses in. I'd think they feel more at home near the Castle...

johnd331

QuoteAnd we wonder why Disney keeps stooping to a lower common denominator.

It's not the Tate Modern for pete's sake. It was a display of children from different countries communicating. Must everything be labeled "ride," "shop" or "restaurant" for people not to get hysterically confused and run for safety?

No, not everything should be Rollercoaster Tycoon compliantly categorized... absolutely not. For example, I love the Nautilus, Adventure Isle, La Cabane des Robinson, etc. All those are not your average ride, shop or restaurant, they just part of the land they're in... Just like people who first visit to Pirates on a not so busy day, they don't even know they're in a ride until they see the loading station.

I'm repeating mystelf, but I would love a post-show that would make sense in the context between "It's a small world" and the park. It is quite clear this post-shows original intention was to cater to the primary sponsor. With that connection totally gone, it made even less sense in my opinion.

pussinboots

Yes, it is a shame France Télécom pulled out. Perhaps they would have gotten around to updating the display to 21st century communication if they hadn't... Children typing grammatically incorrect text messages or reporting their breakfast on Twitter or whatever it is we're supposed to do nowadays. Although looking at the popularity of the thing even on a Disney forum, I suppose not.

For those who've never taken a look inside the plywood buildings:
[youtube:12aemqgl]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M4LlYC38x4&feature=search[/youtube:12aemqgl]

It has to be mentioned that the children's singing was timed to harmonize with the background music. Without it, it's nails on a chalkboard, haha.

Well, rest in peace, kids. I hope they've moved on to cordless phones in Heaven.

SophieD

This is such a small spot to put a princess meet and greet. I agree that its a shame that they have decided to close the postshow, it was something that was completely fun and unique to the Paris park. But like a lot of you have said would it not be better to but the new meet and greet closer to the castle or maybe utilise one of the stages that haven't been used in a long time??
I still think we need a Pixie Hollow somewhere in Fantasyland. But even that would be too big to but in such a small plot!
would it not be better just to turn it into a meet and greet area for all Disney characters and not just limit it to the princesses? As its next to 'It's a Small World' would it not be better to meet and greets with characters that come from all over the world? and have specific times and days for different countries?
Just a thought!  :)
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

disneyrules

Great idea sophieD i much rather see all the characters at different time. Rather than just the princesses.
I only hope that we don\'t lose sight of one thing,that it was all started by a mouse[size=150] Walt Disney
[/size]

:pluto:  :mickey1:

littlemermaid83

Not really sure what I think of this tbh, I kinda like the post-show area even if it was outdated.

If they was changing it to bring in Tink and friends then maybe I'd be a bit more excited, Princesses are so blah now even if my DD adores them.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Wonderlicious

When did France-Télécom pull out of IASW? And does anybody also know when this was even added? I swear not remembering seeing this when I went in 2001 (when the façade of IASW was still being redecorated), nor do I recall seeing it in 2004. I knew it existed prior to my 2010 trip, though.

I thought that the IASW post-show was sweet and a nice way to exit the ride, though ultimately nothing extremely gripping. I'm slightly sad to see it go, but nothing more than a shrug and an "oh, that's a shame". I have to say that I'm glad that they are creating some indoor meet-and-greet areas for both face and fully masked characters; in particular, the queue under the baking sun at the Royal Castle Stage looked particularly painful for meeting princesses. Needless to say, I still would like more random character encounters like there used to be.
-Joe

Walt Disney World]
Disneyland Paris]

pussinboots

Quote from: "Wonderlicious"When did France-Télécom pull out of IASW? And does anybody also know when this was even added? I swear not remembering seeing this when I went in 2001 (when the façade of IASW was still being redecorated), nor do I recall seeing it in 2004. I knew it existed prior to my 2010 trip, though.

I thought that the IASW post-show was sweet and a nice way to exit the ride, though ultimately nothing extremely gripping. I'm slightly sad to see it go, but nothing more than a shrug and an "oh, that's a shame". I have to say that I'm glad that they are creating some indoor meet-and-greet areas for both face and fully masked characters; in particular, the queue under the baking sun at the Royal Castle Stage looked particularly painful for meeting princesses. Needless to say, I still would like more random character encounters like there used to be.

It was there in the '90s, as evidenced by the type of phones the children pick up. France Télécom was the ride's sponsor from 1992 all the way to 2009, so I suspect the postshow might have been there from the start. But I'm not 100 percent sure.

But even if it was "nothing extremely gripping," it still seems rather harsh that it had to be executed for that crime. If "extremely gripping" were a standard to which everything in the parks had to be held, there wouldn't be much left.

Riebi

I remember it was there in 1993.

For me it´s just sad to see this gone. Not just because they change something. That´s ok. But why again a princess meet an greet. Why there?? At IASW?? It doesn´t fit. They could juse other place for princesses. Let this place be something for the better understanding between the people of the world. Not for royal girls that only have two gestures. You can meet them everywhere at every Disney Park in the world. Why is everything about princesses?? I mean I loved the Frog-Movie but I don´t need girly princesses everywhere! Keep the things in balance!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

dagobert

Quote from: "Riebi"I remember it was there in 1993.

For me it´s just sad to see this gone. Not just because they change something. That´s ok. But why again a princess meet an greet. Why there?? At IASW?? It doesn´t fit. They could juse other place for princesses. Let this place be something for the better understanding between the people of the world. Not for royal girls that only have two gestures. You can meet them everywhere at every Disney Park in the world. Why is everything about princesses?? I mean I loved the Frog-Movie but I don´t need girly princesses everywhere! Keep the things in balance!

That'S the Disney Company of today. It's just about franchises and focusing on little girls. And to be honest, Disney makes still a lot of money with them, but it doesn't last forever.
You are so right, it doesn't fit. I'm curious how long it takes until people are getting tired of the princesses. Tom Staggs realized it and ordered to rethink the whole princess meet and greets in MK's Fantasyland. I'm not sure if boys want to meet the princesses.

At least we don't get the Disney characters in the ride. Then the ride would really lose its premise, because the guests would just look for the characters. I'm not sure if most of the guests know, that IASW is about better understanding between the people of the world.

I'm surprised that DLP didn't already add the boutique where girls get dressed as a princess.

Riebi

Isn´t that a pity? I really really like the princesses. It isn´t something like I hate the princesses. I love Princess and the Frog! But I hate to have it everywhere. They have their place - but not at every corner!

Quote from: "dagobert"At least we don't get the Disney characters in the ride. Then the ride would really lose its premise, because the guests would just look for the characters. I'm not sure if most of the guests know, that IASW is about better understanding between the people of the world.

I saw that at DL California. It was soooo sad cause the dads and mums didn´t said things like "Look germany, look africa..." They just had spotted all the characters while saying "Look there´s ariel!!". Sad. Not the attraction I loved from Paris.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Tuvok

Quote from: "dagobert"I'm surprised that DLP didn't already add the boutique where girls get dressed as a princess.

They already have, in the Disneyland Hotel, second floor. You can see it while standing in the lobby and looking up to the left side. You mean the 'Bibbedi Bobbedi Boutique'. You're right, they don't have that in the park, but the service in the Disneyland Hotel is the same.
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)