Slinky Dog Zigzag Spin

Started by Anthony, August 20, 2010, 04:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martyn

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"
Quote from: "Martyn"What this?

Yep, it is the same attraction with a different decore.

But they're not I'm afraid. These are controlled by the motor in the middle of the ride, notice all the bars connecting the trains to the centre motor? And also notice that the train is on a single rail, where as Slinky has a coaster track, and has essentially a long, powered coaster train.

Slinky:

Regatta under construction:

Whilst they offer basically the same experience, they are still a completely different ride.

PaulaE

Is there a height restriction for this ride as i can't seem to find one. My DD2(2) would love this ride and i really hope she can go on it  :)

Anthony

No, no height restriction! :)

Anthony

Slinky now has an official overflow queue line with coloured posts:

Source

The same posts also appeared recently down at the exit, which was always causing problems where guests waiting to board for special reasons obstructed the path.

lorrig

My 2 year old loved slinky dog or stinky dog as she kept calling him! There aren't all that many rides for todlers in WDS so its nice for them to have something to ride on. Yes it's not an adult ride, but little ones need some entertainment too. She didn't like Cars as it was to spinny for her and wasn't keen on the Carpets so Slinky dog was ideal.

Martyn

Oh I love the posts they've used! Another great touch!

mdw

Hi we r going in 12 sleeps! If we arrived at the park 1ish on a Monday would the queue be huuuge? X

davewasbaloo

Yes, definately one for first thing in the morning. We rode Slinky in April, and after a 10 minute wait, it still felt too long. Great for the under 2's, but that is about it.
since 2001 (many before that)

mdw

I have an under 2 and a just 4 yr old, thought it would be great tame one to get them used to the rides. Thanx for help, will go in the morning!

davewasbaloo

Agreed, it is good for that. Also be sure to try them on the Magic Carpets, which has a more manageable queue.
since 2001 (many before that)

aliscrapper

Quote from: "mdw"I have an under 2 and a just 4 yr old, thought it would be great tame one to get them used to the rides. Thanx for help, will go in the morning!

Have a fantastic time! :D/  :D/

mdw

Thanks guys sooooo excited x

aliscrapper

Quote from: "mdw"Thanks guys sooooo excited x

Where you staying???  Not long to go now!!! :D/  :D/  :D/

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Yes, definately one for first thing in the morning. We rode Slinky in April, and after a 10 minute wait, it still felt too long. Great for the under 2's, but that is about it.

My mental age is about 2, can't wait till September !!

mdw

Cheyenne 3nights 4 days!!!!! Soooo excited