Slinky Dog Zigzag Spin

Started by Anthony, August 20, 2010, 04:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ed-uk

Disney have always done plussing in their theme parks. i'm sure even Walt Disney "plussed" from time to time. it looks like a non slip floor to me judging from the picture.
Ed & David

15MagicalYears

I'm sure these are only temporary for the winter months to avoid injuries.

CafeFantasia

I was of course being sarcastic when I said "plussed".

Couldn't the Imagineers have predicted that a smooth flat floor would get slippery in the Winter? Why didn't they design these Toy Story Playland floors with some texture, some grip, so that they're safe to walk on at any time of year?

lil-shawn

i think calling this "plussing" is wrong, it´s more of, fixing wrong decisions they made from the beginning,
by not thinking.

It annoys me, when someone is positive in everything disney does just because its disney, and most of them don´t
have any clue what is wrong or right. it is bad when disney have to spend money to fix the floor for the winter month
just because they didn´t thought about it from the beginning. That´s the kind of how they should not spending money.

like alan said, why didn´t they designed some textures or grip for the floor?

ed-uk

Maybe they wanted to try something new? If they can't make some minor changes to the queue area. That part of the queue is under cover isn't it, so maybe it's just in case of injuries? It looks permanent to me not just for winter. I went round the queue area last November, and it didn't feel slippy to me.
Ed & David

Martyn

I think these were added when the Parachute Drop floor was covered.

It was like this whilst we were there in Jan.

Alicegwen

Is it worth to take a ride on this?? (iam 20 years old^^)

davewasbaloo

Only if you have nothing better to do. This ride can be found in theme parks around the globe with 10-20 minute waits (at DLP more like an hour). It's fun, but mainly for the little ones.
since 2001 (many before that)

Martyn

^ Grrr, its still not the same as the Regatta's!lol

But you're right, its not really worth a long wait.

davewasbaloo

It is the same as the spinner at Legoland Windsor. And the Regatta is even more enjoyable.

Martyn

What this?

ed-uk

I don't know what it is, is it at Legoland? Why is there a hole in the roof ? Are we comparing it to Slinky Dog? I think Slinky looks more fun, better than taking a ride in a lego brick. But for fans of Lego, why not. Most of the rides and attractions at Legoland are suitable for small children. DLP has a much wider selection of rides in my opinion. A much better selection and superior to any thing Legoland has to offer. Or any other British theme park come to that.
Ed & David

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Martyn"What this?

Yep, it is the same attraction with a different decore.

My point is I am angry that while the pirate ship is rotting away and entertainment is cut, and maintenance worstens, they have spent their money on this type of carnival ride that does not even require the travel to do it. As Ed pointed out, DL should be offering experiences that can't be found elsewhere. everything in TSPL can be.

ed-uk

I think there is a place for a ride like Slinky Dog in DLP though, just like there is a place for a Carousel, Flying Elephants, Flying Carpets and Orbitron. The decor maybe different but the rides are the same. Just about every other theme park has  rides like these. So I don't understand why Slinky Dog has come in for special critisism. If you want to take a ride on a Carousel you need go no further than Legoland or any other theme park, and thats always been the case. At least the rides in TSPL or all unique at DLP, even if other theme parks have similar versions.
Ed & David

DopeyDad

He He, I suspect this conversation will go round and round more times than the ride   ;)