Crush's Coaster

Started by Anthony, July 18, 2006, 07:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonathan

Quote from: "Donuttiejj"
Quote from: "nathalie"I don't know why they can't put the system up there, but I do know there have been a few tests in the past.

It has to do something with the ride's capacity.It can't handle the amount of guests in the normal queue line, let alone the if you add the fastpass queue to that...

Agreed.  When you consider that the likes of Space Mountain can carry many more passengers per carriage per ride it makes fast pass possible.

Quote from: "nathalie"But then why is there a single riders line?
Couldn't they use that for the fast-pass line?

Is the single riders line new?  I never saw it or knew if it when I was last on this ride in June 2011.  My kids arent big enough to ride so i queued on my own while they went with my Mum to meet the characters in WDS and the single riders line would have been a benefit.  As a single rider nobody sat next to me on this and that was another seat that could have been offered to another single rider.  maybe it wasn't in place then?

DLRP Roundup!

I like the idea of fastpass on it, it would at least allow me to try it :P

Always been put off by the wait, stupidly walked past it when I saw a 30 min wait on my very first day at WDS.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

nathalie

Quote from: "jonathan"
Quote from: "nathalie"But then why is there a single riders line?
Couldn't they use that for the fast-pass line?

Is the single riders line new?  I never saw it or knew if it when I was last on this ride in June 2011.  My kids arent big enough to ride so i queued on my own while they went with my Mum to meet the characters in WDS and the single riders line would have been a benefit.  As a single rider nobody sat next to me on this and that was another seat that could have been offered to another single rider.  maybe it wasn't in place then?

Since I haven't been on Crush for the past 5 years, I don't really know for how long this line has been there.
But recently I keep reading more and more trip reports from people, who mention they used the single-riders line, which, according to them, takes you inside the attraction a lot faster then waiting in the regular line aswell.

jonathan

It certainly would be a bonus.  I'll make sure to look out for on my next trip

DutchBrit

We went on it last week and I didn't see anything about a single rider queue. There was no attempt to fill the empty seat next to me either. And I'm sure some people would have tried it if there had been one: waiting times were a steady 40 minutes or more.

jonathan

Quote from: "DutchBrit"We went on it last week and I didn't see anything about a single rider queue. There was no attempt to fill the empty seat next to me either. And I'm sure some people would have tried it if there had been one: waiting times were a steady 40 minutes or more.

I don't think there is one.  Not disputing anybody's reports but if one had been introduced I'm sure we'd have heard more about it on here.

nathalie

I just looked it up, and apperently that single-riders line was also a test, which they have seemed to stop now.

The message saying they stopped testing it, is from beginning of August.

This info was on a Dutch forum a while ago.
I didn't knew that line was a test, untill I just looked it up what's going on with it.
Sorry  :/

jonathan

Hey not your fault- I'm not shooting the messenger lol!

nathalie

Hehe, I know, but I also don't wanna be the person who sends out wrong information  :P

jonathan

No worries like I say with all the queueing issues with this ride, if theyd introduced something that cut down the queue time then Im sure it would be announced with a great amount of fanfare rather than just message board rumours lol

nathalie

Apperently during the summer months they actually did had that single-riders-line.
I don't understand why they keep doing tests for these lines, but can't figure out something to stay.

Scissorsboi

To put Fastpass in, I'd assume they'd need to implement a similar setup as Rock N Rollercoaster has. By that I mean have a pre-show section of the ride where they hold the main queue, empty the room and then evenly distribute the Fastpass guests and stand by guests into the room before dispatching them out of that into the station.

Sadly, that'd need a lot of reworked infrastructure to the ride, and we've all seen how terrible the current Crush queue looks without anyone from Disney stepping in and changing it, so I don't see it happening any time soon!
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

jonathan

Even though they have it on Rock N Roller Coaster- Ive never queud for that for more than 10 minutes anyway

Simba 27

Any news about the conditions of the cast member?

Past trips:
Disneyland Paris: 2001-2005-2007

Disneyland California: 2006

jenniedisney

BE WARNED PEOPLE

I have been doing this ride since it opened.
I went on it in November 2012, and OMG. Usually i come off feeling exhilarated and excited.
Yet this time, i came off feeling oh so dizzy and rather sick.
My 2 brothers who like me have been riding since it opened also felt awful after this last ride.

Im not sure what caused it. Im guessing they have allowed the vehicle to SPIN more during the EAC current.
Its just a warning to people who may be considering it or who have done it in the past.
Maybe i just got an extra fast vehicle, but it really took me by surprise.!!!
Been going to Disney since October 1992.
Hotels Stayed in:
Cheyenne 1992
Disneyland Hotel 1993-Present
Sequoia Lodge - 2010
Disneyland Hotel Castle Club 2007,2008,2010,2011,2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Millennium Celebration 1999-2000 in Disneyland Hotel

WDW Cast Member 2016-2017
Stayed in EVERY resort on property