Crush's Coaster

Started by Anthony, July 18, 2006, 07:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLP-Photos.com

Quote from: "Tigerlilly"I've heard that Crush's queue line has stairs and isn't wheelchair friendly unlike other WDS rides. Does anyone know where you go when with a wheelchair user? Is it the exit as with DLP rides?

Yeah I am sure you should just go to the exit. There is always a CM at the entrance, so if you are in doubt just ask him/her :)

I'm pretty sure I've seen quite a few wheelchairs coming in through the exit while queueing for it =]
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

Thaliel

Quote from: "forza_united"
Quote from: "Tigerlilly"I've heard that Crush's queue line has stairs and isn't wheelchair friendly unlike other WDS rides. Does anyone know where you go when with a wheelchair user? Is it the exit as with DLP rides?

Yeah I am sure you should just go to the exit. There is always a CM at the entrance, so if you are in doubt just ask him/her :)

I'm pretty sure I've seen quite a few wheelchairs coming in through the exit while queueing for it =]

well, unless there is any other secret passage, you WILL need to go a few stairs when when you are handicapped/in a wheelchair. This is why your disabled acces card MUST have the "must transfer" symbol marked or any symbol that indicates that you can walk a short distance and go up a few stairs. They way a handicapped person goes from the exit is actually a short passageway hidden behind a door where, instead of going up the stairs and then down as in the queue, yougo  down the stairs, walk like 5 metres and then up the stairs (I think 8 steps or so), and then you will arrive at the gate right next to embarking zome, some of you might have seen people standing there if you ever looked to your right directly before getting inside a turtle shell
<-Plz click

Josh

Breaking news! They're trialling single-riders queue!
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

amanda08

Just to let you know if you don't already, they are now trying out a single rider line on Crush! we were in dlrp yesterday and managed to ride 4 times in one hour using this :D If you don't mind being split up it is a great way to avoid the massive lines! (55min wait time when we were there)

DisneyDonna

Wow, 4 times in an hour! That's amazing!

I can't wait to try it out!

greenkai3000

Not sure if this has already been discussed before, but what is a good strategy to be able to ride this attraction without having to waint in line 30 mins or more?   Are there times of the day/evening when the line is shorter?    

Also, I've heard that this ride tends to break down often?  Is that true? do they normally get it back up and running in the same day, or do they take longer to fix?    I just don't want to miss my chance to ride it while I'm there on the 11th.
WDW Off-Site January 2001, Off-Site July 2001, Off-Site January 2003, All-Star Movies January 2005, Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2007,  Cabins at Fort Wilderness July 2010.

Disneyland Paradise Pier Hotel October 2011

Disneyland Paris   Disneyland Hotel June 2012  

ed-uk

The strategy I would use is to go to WDS early before park opening, get in the queue and go straight to Crushes Coaster before the queue builds up. You can't plan ahead for the ride breaking down and when it could happen, and how long it could take to fix if it did.
Ed & David

nathalie

4 times in 1 hour ???

I only managed to get in there 1 time in 6 years  :shock:  haha

I managed to do the ride in 2007 for the first time.
Then I went back in 2008 (twice), 2010, 2011, and all 4 times didn't manage to do it again.
The waiting time was just too much, never have I seen the line under 90-100 minutes!
In that time, we were actually able to do 3 other rides.
If I would have been there on my own, I would have probably waited that long, but since my sister was always with me, she didn't wanna wait that long and just do something else, otherwise at the end of the day, we would have hardly done anything.

Sven_29

How did they set up te single riders line? I'm can't think of any part of the loadingstation where it could fit.
Don\'t close your eyes, DARE TO DREAM!

PrincessEnya

I really hope the single riders line will be there in August when I'm going. Crush is one of my favorite rides, would love to do it 4 times in one hour!!
Goldie, look at this! Look at all the blood in his mustache! Good sir, that\'s a lot of blood!

MouseMagic

I have never been on Crush's Coaster.  :nemo: "Crush's Coaster" sounds like a ride that would attract kids, but its completley the opposite!  :shock:  
I dont think Ill be taking a ride with Crush any time soon...  :oops:
Previous DLP Trips
Hotel Santa Fe - 2002
Hotel Cheyenne - 2004
Sequoia Lodge - 2006
Newport bay - 2011

Sequoia Lodge - June 2013  
Checkout my Disneyland Paris blog! - //https://DLPMainStreet.blogspot.com

esmeralda

I've have been at Dlp recently and there was no single rider queue. Waiting times were till 90min during the day which i knew worst (to 120min in previous years). Maybe that's because of Rc Racer??
Julia

fiona

I was there Fri-Sun, constantly on the iPhone app to check queue times and while other rides often went down, Crush never did. Shortest queue time was 55 mins on the Friday afternoon. On Sunday it was at 100 mins from about  quarter past 10...

Martyn

I want to know more about the single rider queue!

Please make it permanent!

amanda08

We are hoping they still have it when we go in october. In june when we used it, there was a sepate entrance next to the normal one which took you to the inside part of the line, just before the stairs. You then had to wait there for there to be space in a car. So either 3 people in the normal line + 1 from single rider line, or 2 in normal line followed by group of 4 - this happened to us and so we still managed to ride at the same time :D
sign for single rider was eeny weeny and i only knew about it because of the the CM posted it to twitter whilst we were there, otherwise I am sure we would have overlooked it.

Any one know if it is still in use, or will be coming back?
Amanda