Cars Quatre Roues Rallye (Now Open!)

Started by Anthony, July 18, 2006, 07:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riebi

Pic of the new advertising campaign for cars race rally:

(pic form dlrp.fr)

It fits very well with the sign posts of the resort wich flor has photographed:

Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

TowMater

I like those posters, Bravo!  =D>
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

Kristof

Some fun facts from a DLRP press release:

» This is first Disney park attraction based on the Disney•Pixar film, Cars.

» Guests will first see Luigi & Guido in front of the attraction. This is the first time these characters have been created in three-dimensions in a Disney Park.

» The Piston Cup will be on display in the middle of the rotunda, as guests enter. It is 25" high and 20" wide and gold plated.

» Guest will be immersed in Radiator Springs, created with dimensional movie sets that replicate the store fronts, shops, and neon signs of the little town off Route 66. They will see Flo's V-8 Cafe, Luigi's Casa Della Tires, and Ramone's House of Body Art.

» There are 12 ride vehicles (some red, some blue and some aqua), whose design is inspired by the automobiles in Cars. The vehicles represent a new character created specifically for this attraction with the help of the Disney•Pixar – Cars design team.

» It took one year to design, sculpt and produce the Cars Race Rally ride vehicles.

» The setting of the attraction is Radiator Springs, just after the end of the film, Cars.

» A visitor's center, sponsored by the Radiator Springs Chamber of Commerce has been set up to welcome travelers to Lightning McQueen's Racing Headquarters and to show off the businesses and leading citizens of the town.

» In English, Mater, the tow truck, says his name is "Mater, like ta-mater without the "ta". In French, since his joke would not translate, he says his name is "Martin. Like Aston Martin without the Aston.

» The music played during the Cars Quatre Roues Rallye is from two songs by Randy Newman featured in the film Cars – "Best Backward Driver" and "Doc Racing." The songs were newly orchestrated for the ride by Jonathan Sacks.

» Clips from over 15 songs associated with cars, traveling or road adventures are played in the queue area for the attraction, including three that were featured in the film Cars – "Real Gone" sung by Sheryl Crow, "Life Is A Highway" performed by Rascal Flatts, and "Route 66" sung by Chuck Berry.

» Cars won the 2007 Golden Globe Award for Best Animated Film and was nominated for Best Animated Feature Film for the 2007 Academy Awards®. Randy Newman's song "Our Town" was nominated for an Oscar® for Original Song and won the 2007 Grammy® Award for Best Song.

Source: WDSfans.com

TowMater

Wow! So many facts I haven't knew about the ride!  :D

Is there anymore on ride or queue videos of this ride?

Previous Disney Visits

Owain

Sorry for the confusion.

TowMater

They have?

WhooHoo!

I wonder if they move or stay like statues.

Previous Disney Visits

Anthony

Owain, those photos should really be in International Disney Parks, to avoid confusion with Paris' attraction. :wink:

TowMater

Dammit! I thought they were now meet 'n' greeting guests in DLRP.

Previous Disney Visits

Owain

Sorry for the confusion. I didnt no people thought i ment in DLRP.

Heres the link to the topic;

//http://www.photosmagiques.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=29002#29002     Disney Theme Park Photo Locations

[Edit: Moved to International Disney Parks in the Disney Theme Park Photo Locations topic.]

Masamune

:? I'm sorry, but this ride was rubbish. I thought it was going to be great, when really it was just a tame version of the Tea Cups. I was SO disappointed. :(

Anthony

Rubbish?! What did you expect?! :P

Glad you had a good time anyway, I've enjoyed reading all your reviews. :)

disneymadchris

Quote from: "Masamune":? I'm sorry, but this ride was rubbish. I thought it was going to be great, when really it was just a tame version of the Tea Cups. I was SO disappointed. :(

I am actually looking forward to seeing the theming around the ride more than actually riding it. The thing is, it does its job. Before the new rides the park really lacked rides for children and with this new addition it can finally start to accomodate lower age groups as well as older people as well.

Masamune

Quote from: "Baloo"Rubbish?! What did you expect?! :P

Glad you had a good time anyway, I've enjoyed reading all your reviews. :)
:lol: I was expecting something better than rubbish. A better idea would've been Cars-themed bumper cars, or something like Autopia! :o Like disneymadchris says though, the theming was lovely.

Bowie

Here a nice video of Cars Race Rally a Official video by Disneyland 15th anniversary blog and Disney central forum plaza.

LINK

Bowie

TowMater

In one of the clips in that video I saw the Lion King float.

Previous Disney Visits