Cars Quatre Roues Rallye (Now Open!)

Started by Anthony, July 18, 2006, 07:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TowMater

That video is very brill raptor!  :D  I can't wait to ride it and meet Luigi & Guido in 2008, But too bad I have to wait to Christmas 2008. :-({|=  

BTW, I don't like Mater's speaking in french, he sounds like an regalur man with a crokey voice  :roll: , It's easy of contacting with Larry because I've met him before while I was seeing Cars on the red carpet and he was there.  :lol:
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

Nala_84

Hehe, the video is cool - looks like a real fun ride, like on a country fair or something ;)

Is it "easy" to become sick on the ride? And: it seems to be very short. Will it always be that short or was it just for the soft opening like that??
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Kristof

Quoteit seems to be very short

Maybe that's why no one got sick?  :lol:  

I don't like those spinning attractions at all, but I managed fine with Cars Race Rally.

CafeFantasia

Great video. The attraction seems to be very high quality. The only thing that bugs me is, since they have 2 figure-of-eight turntables, why couldn't they join them all up? Joining them all up would mean that your car travels across 4 turntables, instead of just 2. In my opinion, this would create an even better ride.

tubbsy

Quote from: "raptor1982"
Quoteit seems to be very short

Maybe that's why no one got sick?  :lol:  

I don't like those spinning attractions at all, but I managed fine with Cars Race Rally.

How'd you cope with Crush then Raptor?  :sick:

Would it have bee possible to link all four turn tables together? It would have been really cool if they had, but I am looking forward to going on it anyway.

I was wondering if the ride was kept short to aviod REALLY REALLY UNBEARABLY LONG queues instead of just REALLY REALLY long queues!

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Anthony

Quote from: "Alan"Great video. The attraction seems to be very high quality. The only thing that bugs me is, since they have 2 figure-of-eight turntables, why couldn't they join them all up? Joining them all up would mean that your car travels across 4 turntables, instead of just 2. In my opinion, this would create an even better ride.
I'd hoped they'd do this when we first heard the plans too, it would have certainly added a bit more depth to the ride.  But although it sounds simple enough for us to just say "couldn't they join them up?", we don't know the ride mechanics - it might have been too complicated/too expensive to do it.  If it was a choice between this and the detailed themeing, I think they made the right choice.  We should be glad they gave us a 2 pairs at least, rather than the single version at TDS and DCA.

And raptor's video is without doubt the most hilarious on-ride I've ever seen! Do you know some of the people in another car, or were they just really really enjoying it? lol

Gillburt

Well, just got back from a fab trip to DLRP and we got to try the new cars ride on Wednesday (30th May)

OK, so it's aimed at kids... but it's still great fun for grown ups.

The figure of 8 across two turntables creates some great "are we going to crash" moments and the little ones just scream in delight.

It lasts just long enough for the kids to want to go again, the grown ups not to feel too sick and, if you're mechanically minded, to be really impressed on how the ride works.

Well done Disney - another great ride, superb attention to detail!

pjulie75

Sounds great, I can't wait my kids will love it

TowMater

I know this "may" not be about the ride but here are my favourite Cars characters:

Mater, Lightning, Fillmore, Guido, The King, Ramone, Luigi, Sally, Doc & Sheriff.

Previous Disney Visits

Jarjarbings

Did anyone find the idden Mickey? This one is not so easy. I found it cause a friend of line working there told me other wise I would never spot it.

disneymadchris

Opening day today. I wonder what is happening at the moment.  :lol:

miss disney fan

its a shame theres no web cams in the parks  :(

TowMater

Quote from: "miss disney fan"its a shame theres no web cams in the parks  :(

Maybe some users like raptor and Baloo are there to film the grand opening?  :roll:

Previous Disney Visits

RnRCj

Quote from: "miss disney fan"its a shame theres no web cams in the parks  :(

That would be great. I'd be watching them all day :P

fly_with_me_dumbo

just watched the videos, having not really any idea what this ride was, i was so surprised! it looks really really fun