Cars Quatre Roues Rallye (Now Open!)

Started by Anthony, July 18, 2006, 07:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TowMater

This is what I think about the ride even though I haven't been on it.

Radiator Springs: Really good, I like the way they did the Leaning Tower of Tires and the "Tow Mater" sign but it would be better if they had The Cozy Cone Motel with Sally in front of it.

Queue Area: I haven't had a video of it yet only pictures and I like the way they did the Piston Cup and Lightning's and Mater's posters.

Ride Itself: I've seen a few videos of test runs and I am getting excited already when I go back there in 2008 at Christmas, I am disapointed that Lightning and Mater doesn't move eyes or move their mouths, I know they're models but I expected them to be better than now.

Characters: I wasen't very happy about Lightning and Mater, I also wanted to take a picture of me with them but I still do at MGM.

Luigi and Guido looks great but if only it could be more better if they made Sally, Doc, Flo, Ramone and Sheriff that will be great!
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

dlrp-mad

Must admit, the themeing of the ride (looking at the pics) does look up to the usual disney standard, and as per usual the park's managed to put in the odd pun here and there. I'm also a little dissapointed that the car's eyes don't move - that would have been real fun!

But all the same, I'm looking forward to riding it on my summer visit. Just a shame tower of terror won't be open, will have to wait til 2008 :(.

dlrp-mad :mickey2:

dlrp trips:Debut] August 2006 - Sequoia Lodge December 2007 - Disneyland Hotel July 2008 - Newport Bay Club

Anthony

Quote from: "TowMater"Here is a video of a test run of the ride:

http://www.dailymotion.com/mouetto/vide ... es-en-test
"Lightning McQueen here!!"

Are they being serious?!  *I* could do a better impression of Owen Wilson than him! :lol: They should have done Mater in English, I'm sure Larry the Cable Guy isn't very expensive.  Apart from that it looks like such good fun, I love the music.

And personally I'm glad they put Lightning and Mater where nobody can get to them.  Remember how messed up Nemo used to get at the old photolocation by Studio Tram Tour?  Imagine what would happen to these if they let the public near them.  They can't have a CM with them 24/7 like when they do brief 'meet n greets' at MGM.

They do look a bit silly sat there motionless with the audio playing, but it's no different to the Genie at Flying Carpets. Moving eyes and mouths would have been a bit ambitious.

CafeFantasia

I'd also ike to add that, from what I've seen, Cars Race Rally seems to be a great attraction. In some ways it actually impresses me more than Crush's Coaster, since I wasn't expecting much from it. The quality of the queue area, the themeing, the audio, the props is all first class. It's definitely a step up from the Mad Hatter's Tea Party.

It's surely the most lavishly themed Zamperla Demolition Derby ride in the World. But it's funny, I wonder what the ratio was of money spent on the ride system compared to the themeing? 1:100? Afterall, the Demolotion Derby is a small fairground ride, so it can't be particuarly expensive on it's own.

Reiana

I like this ride. It looks cute.  :) I will definitely give it a try in September.

Kristof

The ride was open today for regular guests!  We did it twice on a row.  It's really lots of fun.  The other vehicles come very close to yours.  The music is also very entertaining, if I'm not mistaken, it's the music from the cow tipping scene?  

Oh and about the size of the vehicles, they are indeed on the small size, but we managed fine.  Each row can only hold one adult and one child.  When your only with adults, it's one adult on each row.  :)

x-charlotte-x

Do you think that two quite small young adults would fit on one row, or would you suggest one row each for more room?

1997 - Santa Fe
2006 - Cheyenne
2009 - New York

Anthony

The detail on this attraction is extraordinary, it easily could be at Disneyland Park!

This illustration is hilarious: :lol:

I wish they sold these:

pjulie75

The ride looks fantastic, the cars even go quite fast, my kids will adore this.  I hope there is somewhere to get a good photograph with the Cars, they look great. :minnie:

RnRCj

I love the test run video! It looks like quite a fun ride! I like the near miss parts - Sometimes it looked like they were going to crash :lol: Now I can't wait to ride this!

Mr_B

I love it too. The way you know how it works anyway bit it still seems to look random all at the same time. People will love the near miss experience ! :-)
Including me  :lol:
Mr_B
From the mansion on the hill
Shrieks of laughter break the still
Ghoulish figures start to wake
Makes your knees begin to quake

DLRP - We\'ve been there one or two times .....

Kristof

I've uploaded an on ride video to WDSfans!

http://www.photosmagiques.com/wdsfans/n ... _rally.php

:D

penfold12

Have to say that video won me over. I always welcomed the attraction to the studios, bringing much needed expansion and more over theming, but worried it was too basic. While it is a kids ride, after seeing that video, im very impressed :lol:

RnRCj

Stop torturing me with these great videos!  :P I want to go there right NOW!  :lol:

I love this attraction so much! The theming is just incredible and the music adds such a great atmosphere!

5 stars to DLRP!  8)

dlrp-mad

Quote from: "RnRCj"Stop torturing me with these great videos!

I know!  :P  it's awful! I just want to go and sample the ride for myself.

Those testing videos are great, and the images of the themeing of the attraction look fab. The usual attention to detail by disney!

dlrp-mad.

dlrp trips:Debut] August 2006 - Sequoia Lodge December 2007 - Disneyland Hotel July 2008 - Newport Bay Club