Disney Showtime Spectacular (2010)

Started by Poppy The Monkey, February 03, 2010, 12:43:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emweaver

when will they release a clip of the show? i know last year there was a video of mickeys magical party time online before april

dlrpkris

Yeah they had a special preview event for tourist agencies didn't they. I think the time has passed now for that, but a series of events in the week running up to the official opening might leak a few details out.

There's isn't a NGF theme unlike MMP and the 15th. Everything stands well in its own right :)
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

Kristof

Yes, they did perform pieces of the show during a trade show (I was the one that filmed it and put it online ;-) )

There's no such event (or at least not in that form) this year.  I've even been told there won't be any performances during the press event next week.

Poppy The Monkey

First show Tuesday 23rd March... around 2pm!!

of course this is subject to change!!

Kristof

Hah!  I'll inform the press department!!! :-P

emweaver

Quote from: "Kristof"Yes, they did perform pieces of the show during a trade show (I was the one that filmed it and put it online ;-) )

There's no such event (or at least not in that form) this year.  I've even been told there won't be any performances during the press event next week.

can you give me the link to the recording you posted online pls?

dlrpkris

@ emweaver I think Kristof was just confirming he did record and upload the event last year, not implying there has been one this year
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"

Anthony

I'll repost this here because it shows some of the new costumes for the show:

[youtube:183eqc8l]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTo2NHmbcWk[/youtube:183eqc8l]
The green one with the cap looks a bit suspect, what's that tied into? :lol:

dlrpkris

Well the soft-opening of Showtime Spectacular today. Will be good to see what they've done with it and what that strange looking lift towards the castle end of the stage is really for...

Kristof

Reporting live from Disney's Hotel New York!  :mrgreen:

The first photos of the new hub show:

http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/d ... acular.php

Enjoy  :D

JelleP

Looks great!
Like the way the 'old' characters are dressed like the New Generation :D
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

emweaver

thanks for the photos any videos too lol?

dlrpkris

Loving the pictures, though I must admit the Incredibles costume concepts looked better on paper. Mickey's looks so funny :P

Looks like a great, fresh and colourful show. The props are lovely and so is that music. So catchy damn it! The instruments from the finale... are they from the 15th anniversary show? Which were also used in En Scene... Sil Vous Plait?

Angel looks like a much 'firmer' character than Stitch. Well toned and not as creasy  :-"

At the front of the stage there seems to be a flap or something that's sticking up. Any idea what this actually is? Some new lighting for the later shows?

dlrpmad

Can't wait to see this in october!!!! The show looks ten times better than its party time with mickey and friends, and it has stitch (my ABSOLUTE FAVOURITE character) involved, which makes it better in my books!!!!!

Anyway if anyone can share some videos, i think we would all like to see them!!!!!!!!
101% Stitch LOVING!!

dlrpkris

I think it's interesting how this show (rather than the festival as a complete whole, perhaps) really looks at plussing current experiences. Ok, so they created a totally new show here but it could've easily been quite similar. They chose to bring us new characters, even emulate the more modern music coming out of California and Tokyo these days to give us a new experience. (Only a fraction of it is re-used stuff. It's hard to believe that this suff is actually by our Paris gang.) Those set pieces and quick costume changes are all back again to wow a new generation. It's almost as if the resort skipped an entertainment generation in the making of this grand outdoor show... which has always been the centre-piece for the other resorts worldwide.

I think this is something we can be really proud of - maybe not those dancer outfits though. What's DLP's obsession with that kinda thing?

It just goes to show that hyping something up to be something it isn't actually doesnt work. Having a product that people appreciate, letting word of mouth get round and simply providing a teaser campaign should work a lot better with the quality ratings. I sure hope it's a successful formula. It might mean we get more of this kind of thing more often :)