Disney Showtime Spectacular (2010)

Started by Poppy The Monkey, February 03, 2010, 12:43:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disneymaniacus

Quote from: "DisneyBart"
Quote from: "Disneymaniacus"
Quote from: "DisneyBart"I have a question. Why are there always 10 dancers ariving/leaving for the HUB-show while there are just 8 of them dancing on stage?

As far as I know and have heard are those 2 spares when another dancer gets injured during the show.

Do they also have spares for when a character gets injured?

As far as I know they don't. Well not during the show itself it is.
They have 2 Mickey's, but that's just for the clothing chances Mickey has during the show.

Daniel

Just wondering if Disneyland Paris have released the music from this show onto a CD?

Maarten

Quote from: "Daniel"Just wondering if Disneyland Paris have released the music from this show onto a CD?

No, they haven't unfortunately, but it was to be expected. Sometimes it almost seems like they dont even want to make money at all. Why don't they release a proper new CD once in a while? And I do not mean the tenth re-release of "Une Journee a Disneyland Paris" or "Parade en Musique". After 8 years, Walt Disney Studios hasn't had a proper release either except for two singles (Animagique and Disney Cinema Parade). How many requests have there been for Tous En Train in the last few years for example? And I think its a shame that Walt Disney World has released the Moteurs... Action! soundtrack, while in Paris we still have to wait for it (though the stuntshow is a Paris original).

Compared to the American and Tokyo parks, Disneyland Paris is very weak in releasing multimedia merchandising. And I am not only talking about CDs, but also about DVDs and books. Last week, only the Disney Gallery in Disney Village sold the French version of "From Sketch to Reality". And why dont they sell the new "Walt Disney Imagineering: A Behind the Scenes Look at Making More Magic Real", "Designing Disney" by John Hench, "The Disney Mountains: Imagineering at its Peak", "Around the World with Disney", "Pirates of the Caribbean: From the Magic Kingdom to the Movies" or "Haunted Mansion: From the Magic Kingdom to the Movies"? They can even create a small "Imagineering Field Guide to Disneyland Paris" like the US parks do. Or perhaps create a new DVD with footage of the construction of the Tower of Terror for example. We all know they have it, please use it! Do these people even want our money?

I can recommend everyone to visit the Virgin Megastore at the Champs-Elysees in Paris. You can still buy the 15th Anniversary Album overthere for example and even several CDs from Tokyo Disney and Disneyland in California.

Sorry, had to get that off my chest. ;)

I really liked Disney Showtime Spectacular by the way. Much better then last year's show on Central Plaza. Especially Princess Tiana seems to be a hit with the audience!

cinders

Is the show time spectacular on through Decemeber too??? I saw it in march when they pre-viewed it and thought it was totally fab! Would love to see it again!

2004  Decemeber Hotel  Santa Fe
2005  October Hotel  Cheyenne
2007 Decemeber  Hotel Santa Fe
2008 Decemeber Hotel Cheyenne
2009 July Hotel Santa Fe
2009 Novemeber Sequoia Lodge
Abigail`s 7th birthday suprise 21st March 2010
2010 9th Decemeber Santa Fe can`t wait!

Tuvok

@ Maarten: I completely agree with you. I'm a huge fan of music from the parks (shows, attractions, parades, area loops). I have more albums from other resorts, then I have from DLP. In their defence, they released the Mickey's Magical Party album in august last year which was excellent. Hopefully they will release the New Generation Festival soon. I can only hope, but I probably have an explanation why it hasn't been released or even will be in the future.

For this years hub show, they used music from other parks/shows/parades, where as the music from It's Party Time with Mickey was made by DLP itself. Therefor they don't have the rights to release the current show on album in Paris. Same goes for Disney's Fantillusion Parade. Only the theme is available on several albums, but the entire soundtrack is still only available in Tokyo. I've bought this cd from a Japanese eBay-user, because I can't order it anywhere else.

For the record, I would love to have an entire album with area music from Main Street! I love that ragtime music, but now I have to rely on 'not so legal' sources to obtain this music, because Disney is not releasing it. If they do, I would buy it immediately. Same goes for the full soundtrack of Phantom Manor, to name an attraction. Only a medley is available. What to think of the full soundtrack of Disney's Stars 'n' Cars? I have the US version of this parade, but that doesn't include the 'show-part' which is exclusive for DLP...

Come on Paris, give us more albums! Maybe I should create a Facebook page for this...  8)

@ cinders: Disney Showtime Spectacular is performed on a daily basis, all the way through march 2011. So yes, they will perform this show in december too. It can be cancelled due to weather conditions ofcourse.
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

dlrpkris

The most hilarious thing is when they release music to a show in its final months... or something that has even stopped playing all together. What's the point of that? The people who enjoyed the music are no-longer there to buy it.

Disney's Showtime Spectacular is a really fun show that I'm sure would sound great in households all over Europe... or even a DVD of the show itself. Sadly I can't see it happening :(
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

eyore

Quote from: "Tuvok"For the record, I would love to have an entire album with area music from Main Street! I love that ragtime music, but now I have to rely on 'not so legal' sources to obtain this music, because Disney is not releasing it. If they do, I would buy it immediately. Same goes for the full soundtrack of Phantom Manor, to name an attraction. Only a medley is available. What to think of the full soundtrack of Disney's Stars 'n' Cars? I have the US version of this parade, but that doesn't include the 'show-part' which is exclusive for DLP...

Yes, DLRP are rubbish at getting the CDs out. High Season and still selling Mickey's Magical Party (albeit reduced in price)
If you like the Main Street music, I have full listings at http://www.magicmusic.net (look in the blogs section under eyore's blog) for both the old and the more recent loops - including the CD sources so you could, at least, make a reconstruction of the music loop. Most of the present one is from the Paragon Ragtime Orchestra and Randy Newman's "Ragtime".
Keeps you legal anyway  ;)
Disney can't release them as they only pay to license the music  in the park or for short samples for their park CDs.
Same for many of the area loops.
I wish they did, I'd save hours not having to record the stuff  on my holidays  :-"

Tuvok

Quote from: "eyore"
Quote from: "Tuvok"For the record, I would love to have an entire album with area music from Main Street! I love that ragtime music, but now I have to rely on 'not so legal' sources to obtain this music, because Disney is not releasing it. If they do, I would buy it immediately. Same goes for the full soundtrack of Phantom Manor, to name an attraction. Only a medley is available. What to think of the full soundtrack of Disney's Stars 'n' Cars? I have the US version of this parade, but that doesn't include the 'show-part' which is exclusive for DLP...

Yes, DLRP are rubbish at getting the CDs out. High Season and still selling Mickey's Magical Party (albeit reduced in price)
If you like the Main Street music, I have full listings at http://www.magicmusic.net (look in the blogs section under eyore's blog) for both the old and the more recent loops - including the CD sources so you could, at least, make a reconstruction of the music loop. Most of the present one is from the Paragon Ragtime Orchestra and Randy Newman's "Ragtime".
Keeps you legal anyway  ;)
Disney can't release them as they only pay to license the music  in the park or for short samples for their park CDs.
Same for many of the area loops.
I wish they did, I'd save hours not having to record the stuff  on my holidays  :-"

Fantastic! Thanks for sharing your blog. It's amazing. I'm definately going to buy the Paragon cd.
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

littlemermaid83

Here is the music from Showtime Spectuacular for your listening pleasure.  

[youtube:20hk1sqi]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC2UBNQ0t2s[/youtube:20hk1sqi]

I had been debating for a few weeks if I should upload it or not, but seeing as the show is coming to a end soon it would be a shame not to share the soundtrack with other Disney fans who enjoyed the show :)
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

davewasbaloo

This was certainly one of the better hub offerings.
since 2001 (many before that)

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"This was certainly one of the better hub offerings.

One thing we actually agree on ;) lol
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

davewasbaloo

from what I have been reading of your posts lately, there is more than one thing.

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"from what I have been reading of your posts lately, there is more than one thing.

Is there? Wow that must be a record for us then lol.

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"
Quote from: "davewasbaloo"from what I have been reading of your posts lately, there is more than one thing.

Is there? Wow that must be a record for us then lol.

:lol:  :thumbs:

alternativerock123

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"Here is the music from Showtime Spectuacular for your listening pleasure.  

[youtube:23cj3023]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC2UBNQ0t2s[/youtube:23cj3023]

I had been debating for a few weeks if I should upload it or not, but seeing as the show is coming to a end soon it would be a shame not to share the soundtrack with other Disney fans who enjoyed the show :)

Omg! Finally! I loved that show, and been searching for the music. XD  Thank you. =]
31st Aug - 1st Sept 2010 = Kyriad Torcy (First Time <3)
11th - 14th July 2011 = New York Hotel
2nd - 4th Aug 2011 = Kyriad Torcy
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
13th March 2012 (Disneyland Cal)
10th - 13th April 2012= Hotel L'Elysée
30th May - 1st June 2012 = Hotel L'Elysée
31st Oct - 1st Nov 2012 = Residence Prestige
18th - 20th July 2013 - Residence Prestige
9th -11th Nov 2013 = Hotel L'Elysée (First Christmas Trip!)
Coming soon:
29th April - 1st May = Hipark Serris.