Disney Showtime Spectacular (2010)

Started by Poppy The Monkey, February 03, 2010, 12:43:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poppy The Monkey

Part of the Disney New Generation Festival from 2nd April 2010

Replacing It's Party Time... with Mickey and Friends on the 360-degree Central Plaza Stage, this new show incorporates all the New Generation characters along with old favourites for a fun musical revue.

QuoteDisney showtime spectacular

It's Showtime! It's time to shine. It's time to gather in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle on Central Plaza stage for an explosion of music from maestro Mickey. Together with an all-new A-list of guest stars it promises to be an all-singing, all-dancing all-new showstopper finale!
QuoteAt day's end in Disneyland Park, look for a grand moment where Mickey and his best friends give a tribute to their famous new friends in the "Disney showtime spectacular" on the 360-degree Central Plaza Stage, in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle. The splashy, 15-minute show is the first that features all the new generation characters together along with longtime favorite Disney Characters, led by maestro Mickey. The super tribute to the stars brings guests into the new world of friendship.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Original post by Poppy the Monkey:

The latest news on "Disney's Showtime Spectacular" indicate the show will be performed 3-4 times a day.... with 8 dancers and up to 20 characters!! These are.... Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Pluto, Woody, Buzz, Jessie, Mr Incredible, Mrs Incredible, Lilo, Stitch, ANGEL, Princess Tiana, Prince Navine, Sulley, Mike, BOO, Remy, Emile and maybe a couple more!

For Stars n' Cars, a new/modified show, featuring remy and emile of course!

There will be new music for the Dreams of Romance floats, with new choreography for the princesses and "Flower Girls"  - The Beast will be replaced by "Belle's Prince, in human form" to make room for Tiana and Navine.

Rehearsals start next week more info then!

Columbiad

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"The latest news on "Disney's Showtime Spectacular" indicate the show will be performed 3-4 times a day.... with 8 dancers and up to 20 characters!! These are.... Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Pluto, Woody, Buzz, Jessie, Mr Incredible, Mrs Incredible, Lilo, Stitch, ANGEL, Princess Tiana, Prince Navine, Sulley, Mike, BOO, Remy, Emile and maybe a couple more!

For Stars n' Cars, a new/modified show, featuring remy and emile of course!

There will be new music for the Dreams of Romance floats, with new choreography for the princesses and "Flower Girls"  - The Beast will be replaced by "Belle's Prince, in human form" to make room for Tiana and Navine.

Rehearsals start next week more info then!

wow, that all sounds fantastic - I'm quite impressed. Although who is Angel?
Nice to see more of the Incredibles. Do we know anything else about this show?

smurfy74

Angel is from lilo and stitch and is one of the experiments, you have probably seen her plushie in the parks, she is a pinky version of stitch but with antennae

Columbiad

Quote from: "smurfy74"Angel is from lilo and stitch and is one of the experiments

Oh - i had no idea. I take it shes from one of the many sequels?

Is is just me who hadnt a clue who is she is? Is she generally quite a recognisable character in the parks?

smurfy74

i think she is experiment 624 from leroy and stitch - not 100% sure, i think she is popular purely as she is a girly stitch

Martyn

Dont worry Columbiad, you're not alone. There is also an orange character, and red character from the Stitch PLC.

Its getting a bit out of hand now.

I like the line up for that show though!

Kristof

Angel is a character that's currently only out at the Tokyo Disney Resort.  

Photo by JTCent

Willow

Well I suppose that its a good thing we are getting a new character but does Disney really need a female Stitch?

Columbiad

Quote from: "Willow"does Disney really need a female Stitch?

In my opinion: No.

I generally dislike it how Disney tends to bring in an opposite sex character to compliment another. To me, Stitch will allways be a boys character, and to toss in a girl version, especially one that isn't very recognisable, messes things up....

Think of all the better 'new generation' characters we could be having!

Speaking of which, it'd be nice to see the new Wall•E robot take part in the show... We can all dream...

dagobert

I have never heared of this character, but I have to admit that I've only seen Lilo and Stitch, but not the sequels or the TV series.

Like Columbiad already said, thare are better characters for the "new generation". A Wall-E roboter would be great.

littlemermaid83

We love Angel, so glad to see DLP finally getting a new character or two.

Wonder if Angel and Boo will also be doing meet and greets? Anyone know?
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Martyn

Poor old Wall-E, everyone forgets about him. Which is a shame because it is one of the best D/P films to date, along with Toy Story, Nemo and Monsters Inc. I love The Incredibles too, just a shame it wasn't such a big hit.

They definitely need something to do with Wall-E. They dont even have much Wall-E merchandise anymore.

Anthony

Quote from: "Willow"Well I suppose that its a good thing we are getting a new character but does Disney really need a female Stitch?
Do we even still need Stitch? Why oh why not Bolt or Dug...

Anyone know how it works with characters, do Euro Disney SCA have to pay royalties on a per-film basis? I can't think of any other reason why they'd choose this bizarre concoction over a character that people would actually recognise. Makes me think it might be a case that they don't want to be paying for too many expensive Pixar properties.

You just know that the majority of comments from the audience will centre around "what's that pink thing?!" come April, ignoring the show itself.

never2old

I'm always surprised to see all the Angel merchandise they have in the parks.

She's a minor character in a TV show. How many episodes has she been in?? And yet you never see any Jumba or Pleakley merchandise...

I would have loved to have WALL-E instead... OK, maybe not dancing on the stage  :lol:  but having him around would have been brilliant...

dagobert

I didn't even know that this character existed, because I've never seen the Stitch TV series.

I'm also a little bit annoyed by Stitch, because he his nearly everywhere at DLRP. Disney is using this character too much.