Disney Showtime Spectacular (2010)

Started by Poppy The Monkey, February 03, 2010, 12:43:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlrpkris

I'm suspicious when people say 'all-new'. I remember a circus visiting my school one year... then the next year it was all-new. It was the same! :P

So are we expecting an entirely new soundtrack from the guys that brought us It's Party Time... with Mickey and Friends? It really was of exceptional quality
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

Poppy The Monkey

Yes we get a 70% new soundtrack!!

Get ready for this show its a non-stop, very fast, very fun spectacular! Soft Openings from around the 23rd March!

dlrpkris

So that probably means we keep the orchestral Mickey's Magical Party Time theme at the start and end... with new material in the middle? Is it all that fun, upbeat professional style as before? Amazing if so :)
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"

Poppy The Monkey

No all the music from Mickey's Magical Party has been "thrown away" - its not been used at all in this show.

The only music that is not new is: the incredibles theme and "you make me wanna shout" - which was used in the stitch show.

and this show is 10,000000 times better than Mickey's Magical party....  :mrgreen:

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"No all the music from Mickey's Magical Party has been "thrown away" - its not been used at all in this show.

The only music that is not new is: the incredibles theme and "you make me wanna shout" - which was used in the stitch show.

and this show is 10,000000 times better than Mickey's Magical party....  :mrgreen:

Thanks for the heads up Poppy, I look forward to seeing this soon :)

Any word on whether they're going to have just the one showing at the end of the day still, or whether it is now at mutiple times a day? I think it's the latter itsn't it?

Poppy The Monkey

yea, 4-5 times a day now!

There is so much I wanna tell you, but I can't at the moment! grrrr :twisted:

Well I will say that the show opens with a new song "We're the best of friends".... and closes with "Goin down the Bayou" from Tiana's showboat Jamboree!   With the dancers "backing up" the characters changing their costumes and props for each different act! Much different to the dancers being the "stars of the show" like in Mickey's Magical Party!

never2old

Going down the bayou, I love that song!!!

Really looking forward to seeing this!!

littlemermaid83

Thankyou for the info Poppy.

Really looking forward to seeing this now.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

dlrpkris

Oh this is sounding promising! I totally agree about the dancers being the star of the show in It's Party Time with Mickey and Friends. This sounds like an actual show  :D/

disneymom

Quote from: "never2old"
Quote from: "Martyn"
Quote from: "never2old"I'm always surprised to see all the Angel merchandise they have in the parks.

She's a minor character in a TV show. How many episodes has she been in?? And yet you never see any Jumba or Pleakley merchandise...

If you're surprised at that, whats your thoughts on the other 2 Stitch characters that have merchandise all over the parks? They're orange and red, I think one of them is called Leroy.

Leroy was the Experiment 627 in one of the sequels right?  They also have merchandise for him?  :roll: I don't think I've noticed it before (or maybe my mind blanked it out  :wink: )

I love Stitch, I think he's a great character, when the movie first came out I even bought a big plush Stitch (I don't have many plushies... but I had to have Stitch, he was so cuddly....), and I'm delighted to see him around the parks. Maybe they use him a bit too much sometimes, but overall I have no issues with him... He's definitely new generation material.

But Angel and Leroy (and any of the other 625 experiments, for that matter) are not great, wonderful characters. I think that with so many great characters Disney has to choose from, it's a shame so much effort and attention goes to minor characters like that.

Disney goes with the new generation for guests. My kids (6 and 10 years old) love all the Stitch and Leroy plushes. If the kids are crazy about them, the perents buy, simple  :!:

theverynk

I spend a lot of time in all the Disney Parks, and can honestly say the variety of characters at DLP far surpasses that of the US - especially CA!! Hell, CA doesn't even have a regular day parade!

As for the person who said they never see Alice and the Hatter out, they've been out every time I go there (not always Alice, but certainly Hatter)!
DLP rocks for characters. Most of the characters for my website come from DLP!
As for the Hunchback characters. They were out at Halloween, and again last week for Valentines. I have pictures to prove it.
Incidentally, Jaq and Gus, and Bernard and Bianca were out that same weekend. So who says there are no rare characters?...
Dan \":peter:\"

Visit our fantastic Disney Character website!
http://www.charactercentral.net

peterpanfan1953

As Dan said the character variety at DLP is MUCH better than any of the US parks... there are many characters you see regularly that are either never seen (Robin Hood Characters as an example) or are only seen during special (pay extra) events (Most of the princes, most of the villians, etc).  More and new characters are always nice but DLP already has a very nice variety of characters.  Some of the ones mentioned, DLP doesn't actually have... for example the Bolt characters were flown over just for the event so they aren't something that they have hidden in the back that they just don't use.  I have no clue how many different characters WDW has that they refuse to ever put out but I feel like if DLP has a character there is at least some chance they will be seen at least occasionally.

As far as the new show... glad to hear it will have some new characters and some of the other aspects sound promising... I just hope it has more of a "story" to it... most of the shows for Mickey's Magical Party were just fluff song and dance with no real story behind them... they were enjoyable to watch (and the cast members showed a lot of energy and did a great job) but I feel some semblance of a story adds a LOT to a show and that was definitely lacking.
\":peter:\"All it takes is faith, trust, and pixie dust

Wezz

CafeMickey.com has some exclusive arts of the NGF! This is from the Hubshow!

Bron: Cafemickey.com

dlrpmad

Is that real concept art or is it an interpretation???? If its concept art, then I can't wait to go back this year to see it!!!!!
101% Stitch LOVING!!

dlrpkris

It's certainly in line with the story of the show - yes. I mean certain characters paired with other characters just the same as the actual performance.

The concept art looks quite tired and formulaic  - but this isn't some It's Party Time rehash! It's epic , very current and has the much-needed Disney wow factor...