Disney Showtime Spectacular (2010)

Started by Poppy The Monkey, February 03, 2010, 12:43:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlrpmad

As much as I LOVE stitch (he is my favourite character), he has been used a bit too much!! And I agree with everyone else, I would love to see WALL E in the parks, either animatronic or a full size statue!
101% Stitch LOVING!!

Columbiad

Thank goodness! Im so glad I wasnt the only one clueless about Angel!

I was expecting a 'omg-you-didnt-know-who-angel-is-what-sort-of-disney-freak-are-you?!' revolt. :D

never2old

Oh my god Columbiad, you call yourself a Disney fan and didnt know who Angel was??  :shock:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :wink:

Really, she must have the best PR people around, because she's as minor as you can get. I watch the TV show every now and then (I like watching cartoons in the weekends, with my coffee... nice way to start the day), but I wouldn't even remember her if it wasn't for the merchandise in the parks. And I'm sure than a very high percentage of guests in the parks don't know her at all (even real Disney fans like you, Columbiad  :wink: )

Her only achievement was getting Stitch to fall in love with her (and that was her power  :roll: ) With all the great characters that Disney (and Pixar) have come up with over the years, it's a shame that so much is going into a character like Angel.

They should replace her with Louis, from Princess and the Frog. We're getting Tiana and Naveen, why not Louis the alligator?

dagobert

Quote from: "never2old"They should replace her with Louis, from Princess and the Frog. We're getting Tiana and Naveen, why not Louis the alligator?

Louis would be great. I love this character.

luke85

I was just thinking how great it would be to see Louis around the park! He's my new favourite!

Aveen2008

Ok I am totally standing up for stitch here! Leave him alone! The reason he has been used so much is because he is a popular character and even though im not found of the other "experiements" i welcome angel any day over the repetitive Gephetto and mr Smee, I am sooooooo sick of those two, who by the way look like brothers!! lol. Then there's the ugly sheriff of nottingham and friair tuck from robin hood!! Not to mention that bear from the country bears which no one knows! At least stitch is a known and a main one in his story (ok angel may not be but I am sticking up for stitch here)....unlike the ones I have mentioned who have been in the parks for years and are well past their sell by date! It's not his fault that DLP use him a lot and sometimes stupidly like that dancetime show which was ridiculous lol! There is a realy bad turnover of characters in DLP!

But I have to say a massive yay for BOO !
Luv Aveen xoxo

luke85

Quote from: "Aveen2008"Then there's the ugly sheriff of nottingham and friair tuck from robin hood!!

I love Friar Tuck :( He's my favourite character to see in the park!

I don't have a problem seeing Stitch in the park, I quite like him and know he's very popular with others too. I just find it weird that characters from direct-to-DVD sequels and TV series are now being included in the parks?

I'm sure there are plenty of girls who like Stitch for who he is, they don't need a pink version to grab their attention. It's also kind of insulting to assume that the majority of girls won't be interested in a character unless it's inherently female, i.e. pink, with big eyelashes!

Anthony

Quote from: "never2old"They should replace her with Louis, from Princess and the Frog. We're getting Tiana and Naveen, why not Louis the alligator?
Post of the week!

Also, I only just realised that Poppy mentions Mike Wazowski! Is he really returning to Paris?

Aveen2008

Quote from: "luke85"
Quote from: "Aveen2008"Then there's the ugly sheriff of nottingham and friair tuck from robin hood!!

I love Friar Tuck :( He's my favourite character to see in the park!

I don't have a problem seeing Stitch in the park, I quite like him and know he's very popular with others too. I just find it weird that characters from direct-to-DVD sequels and TV series are now being included in the parks?

I'm sure there are plenty of girls who like Stitch for who he is, they don't need a pink version to grab their attention. It's also kind of insulting to assume that the majority of girls won't be interested in a character unless it's inherently female, i.e. pink, with big eyelashes!

wow seriously? well i am glad friar tuck has a fan hehe bless ya! :D  :D  :D  :D I would have prefered maid marion or little john myself lol.

I know what you are saying about Angel, I always thought it was really weird that they had her plush in the park when there was nothing else of her anywhere. I don't disapprove of her coming though, it may take the non genuine stitch fans away from him and away to her so I can get him to myself hehehe  :P  :P  :P  They actually have the red stitch - Leroy plush in DLP too! :roll:

I would luv Bolt and Mittens characters to come back (they attended the premiere in DLP). I am happy with Boo though and was glad they got Mushu and Mulan last year.  They have a lot of characters they rarely use in DLP like the hunchback of notre dame characters, pocahontas, the mad hatter, alice ( i know she is used a bit but not enough)....
Luv Aveen xoxo

luke85

Quote from: "Aveen2008"I would luv Bolt and Mittens characters to come back (they attended the premiere in DLP). I am happy with Boo though and was glad they got Mushu and Mulan last year.  They have a lot of characters they rarely use in DLP like the hunchback of notre dame characters, pocahontas, the mad hatter, alice ( i know she is used a bit but not enough)....

Totally agree with you, I'd love to see some of the rarer characters out and about, I've never seen anyone from Hunchback or Pocahontas so that would be great! My ultimate rare character to see would be the Walrus from Alice in Wonderland, that would make my day!

Aveen2008

hehe with the little oysters running along beside him ;)  # "the time has come, the walrus said to talk of many things, of shoes and ships and ceiling wax, cabbages and kings, and why the sea is boiling hot and weather pigs have wings" hehe!

ive never seen those characters hunchback/pocahontas either but they are seen on rare occasions, esmeralda and clopin seem to be used at halloween for some weird reason. I have actually never seen alice in real life either! They have meg from hercules but again she seems to only be out the odd halloween ! :roll:
Luv Aveen xoxo

Martyn

Quote from: "never2old"I'm always surprised to see all the Angel merchandise they have in the parks.

She's a minor character in a TV show. How many episodes has she been in?? And yet you never see any Jumba or Pleakley merchandise...

If you're surprised at that, whats your thoughts on the other 2 Stitch characters that have merchandise all over the parks? They're orange and red, I think one of them is called Leroy.

never2old

Quote from: "Martyn"
Quote from: "never2old"I'm always surprised to see all the Angel merchandise they have in the parks.

She's a minor character in a TV show. How many episodes has she been in?? And yet you never see any Jumba or Pleakley merchandise...

If you're surprised at that, whats your thoughts on the other 2 Stitch characters that have merchandise all over the parks? They're orange and red, I think one of them is called Leroy.

Leroy was the Experiment 627 in one of the sequels right?  They also have merchandise for him?  :roll: I don't think I've noticed it before (or maybe my mind blanked it out  :wink: )

I love Stitch, I think he's a great character, when the movie first came out I even bought a big plush Stitch (I don't have many plushies... but I had to have Stitch, he was so cuddly....), and I'm delighted to see him around the parks. Maybe they use him a bit too much sometimes, but overall I have no issues with him... He's definitely new generation material.

But Angel and Leroy (and any of the other 625 experiments, for that matter) are not great, wonderful characters. I think that with so many great characters Disney has to choose from, it's a shame so much effort and attention goes to minor characters like that.

Annet

At least Leroy got his own movie, Leroy & Stitch.
I don't really get where Angel gets her merchandise-status from, though my niece loves her Angel-pluche.

Aurora

I, for sure, have an Angel-lover at home. My daughter senn her on TV once and she`d be over the moon if she appears in DLP. Hopefully (for her) around mid april. Thats when we`ll be there.

As for Stitch, she fell for him too, and she felt in heaven. We saw him a lot last time. Even thou I think he is used a lot. I would like them to keep him at least in the Studios.

But I agree that theres a lot more characters that would liked to be seen.Those mentioned in threads before.
Aurora