Hollywood Boulevard placemaking

Started by Anthony, June 13, 2006, 04:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shell_ely

cool! whay about any shops selling gifts ,t.o.t stuff etc ?  :nemo:

disneymadchris

Is this still scheduled to open late 2007?

Owain

Quote from: "shell_ely"cool! whay about any shops selling gifts ,t.o.t stuff etc ?  :nemo:
Im not totaly sure but i think someone posted soemthing before about there being a Tower Hotel gift shop. Theres obviously going to be a shop because its going to be one of the biggest rides in the resort and one of the most popular attractions.

Maarten

Quote from: "Owain"
Quote from: "shell_ely"cool! whay about any shops selling gifts ,t.o.t stuff etc ?  :nemo:
Im not totaly sure but i think someone posted soemthing before about there being a Tower Hotel gift shop. Theres obviously going to be a shop because its going to be one of the biggest rides in the resort and one of the most popular attractions.

Yes, there is going to be a giftshop at the exit of the attraction. The shop will be themed in the same Pueblo Deco style of the building. In the US versions of the shop you can buy your onride photo, towels with the HTH sign, HTH keys, t-shirts and so on...

shell_ely

cool got to get a towel  :P

anthony2k6

any new pics? its been a while since we last saw any. isnt some of this supposed to be open in may?

Anthony

No, fullscale work begins in May with the entire stretch between Studio 1 and Studio Tram Tour closing.  We should see more results from then onwards...

They are taking their time though.  I think we'll probably see a surge in work as soon as the Toon Studio area is done.  With Crush and Cars complete work suddenly picked up massively on Tower, so hopefully the same changeover will happen here.

Joseph Carter

Im going in January 2nd week. Do you think this will be open for my visit?
//http://www.disneymanpodcast.com
Check out the Disneyman Podcast!!! Its disney fun for everyone!

Patrick

Yes, Yes, Yes and for the final time Yes :lol: .  It has been stated that Tower of Terror opens in January so yes the facades will be there by then.

Joseph Carter

Thanks Patmagic! Sorry to be an annoyance!  :D
//http://www.disneymanpodcast.com
Check out the Disneyman Podcast!!! Its disney fun for everyone!

Kristof

A large metalic structure has been installed in front of La Terrasse!

Disneytheque has a few photos here:
http://www.disneytheque.com/index.php?/ ... g-WDS.html

Anthony

Wow!  Ok, this is going to be pretty major.  I still have visions in my head of it all being like an extended version of the Les Parapluies de Cherbourg set, but now this looks quite big!  When you think from this frame they've got to build the walls, plaster, paint, decorate, etc, I can understand why it's taking so long now.

This must be first "Mediterranean tower" then, on the right "arm" of La Terrasse...

Riebi

Quote from: "Baloo"I still have visions in my head of it all being like an extended version of the Les Parapluies de Cherbourg set, but now this looks quite big!  When you think from this frame they've got to build the walls, plaster, paint, decorate, etc, I can understand why it's taking so long now.

Yes it looks great and seem to be much more a real "building" than I expected from the plans.
It will be a great ambiance to sit between the tower and this mediterranean structur.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Kristof

It should be the "Off the Page" façade from Disney California Adventure Park that's being constructed:

Kristof

The metal structure has received more... metal!

Photo by "nicoetsab" on Disney Central Plaza forum