Hollywood Boulevard placemaking

Started by Anthony, June 13, 2006, 04:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dlrpfan

wow love the photos! thanks for posting them Raptor!
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Grandmath

The trees around the Partners statue have been relocated, so that you now get a complete panoramic view of the Boulevard once you go out of Studio 1. It's pretty impressive!

I also posted some new pictures here from today. Enjoy:

http://disneycentralplaza.englishboard. ... 21-500.htm

Anthony

Hey, I did not expect that! But it looks good... very good.

I hope they remove the ugly blue lamposts and silver "lighting rig" in that shot now, they're the only things spoiling it. It'd be nice if they continued the new parade route poles and lamposts seen on the concept art into the plaza, if they can stretch the budget.

The view along the boulevard is also much more convincing than I expected. All good. :D

Maarten

Quote from: "Baloo"I hope they remove the ugly blue lamposts and silver "lighting rig" in that shot now, they're the only things spoiling it. It'd be nice if they continued the new parade route poles and lamposts seen on the concept art into the plaza, if they can stretch the budget.

I hope so too! Although those lightning rigs are typically Walt Disney Studios to me, they only fit in with the Backlot area in my humble opinion. At least not in the Hollywood that never was.

QuoteThe view along the boulevard is also much more convincing than I expected. All good. :D

Indeed. It looks really convincing from this point. So far it already looks lightyears ahead of the awfully cheap foreced perspective at DCA. Even the New York and San Fransisco backdrops at MGM look less convincing. Great stuff!  :)

The Butlin Boy

WOW :shock: That looks amazing, thanks for the pics Grandmath :)

Soap

Stunning...A totally new point of view with those facades! A real piece of art imagineering!
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

RnRCj

Here's one of my pics from yesterday:

Owain

This looks great !  :)

Soap

Can't find another word for it.....impressive!!! :D
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

The Butlin Boy

Thanks for the pic, it looks amazing :D

CafeFantasia

That's certainly an improvement. You get a real sense of depth with those facades, as if there really is a big urban street extending off into the distance. Two things though:

- As others have said, the street lighting is a mess. I really detest those industrial lighting columns. They look so cheap and temporary. Surely some ornate 1930s street lamps would look better?

- I think the Partners statue looks out of place now. I think an Art Deco fountain would look much better in that location.

Winstonio

I was just wondering. Why didn't they put the flat 2-d buildings and large Hollywood Hills behind the entrance of the tram tour station? And a few more real buildings before the entrance ( you would have to change the entrance of course).
That would bring more realism and perspective and would the tramtour be more part of the Hollywood Boulevard.

ps. I hope they will put a few small shops inside the real buildings. Like pin-station or make-up or dress shops for kids. I think there are to less smaller shops at the studios. Like The Magic Kingdom/ Disneyland Parc

Whoknew?

I think this is all they could build for the budget (and some theming shouldn't be missed as well, plants, flowers, etc..) but i think it is the plan to move the flat buildings further to stretch the blvd and to put more real buldings inbetween when attendance will increase and more money will be available. hopefully.

Anyway despite the new attractions and the two placemakings, the park didn't expanded its boundaries much. In wich direction it will go? Into the forest behind the tram tour or towards the open fields behind the television bulding?  :?

miss disney fan

do you think that the fences will be removed sometime in november so people can walk down it?

RnRCj

I was just wondering, where abouts is the arch located? :?: I never actually saw it when I was there :lol: