Our Disneyland Paris Wish List

Started by Anthony, October 23, 2009, 12:41:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Being loyal/obsessive fans, we're always saying "They should repaint this" and "I wish they'd fix that", but all those comments are all over the place. What we need is a nice, simple Wish List for Euro Disney SCA to print out and pin up...

...So let's get started!

Disneyland Paris Wish List

DISNEYLAND PARK

Indian Village
      Teepees near Fort Comstock incredibly dirty and green. Area looks abandoned.

Captain Hook's Pirate Shop
      Dirty, mouldy and rotten from bow to crow's nest.
      Photo: http://pp.mousekingdom.com/albums/userp ... 7/hook.jpg (MagicStar)

Adventureland Bazaar
      Central Plaza side dirty and colours faded. Signs of green "mould" which don't particularly fit in a desert setting.

Colonel Hathi's Pizza Outpost
      Exterior look-out tower and woodwork very dirty/mouldy and weather-beaten.
      Photos: http://pp.mousekingdom.com/albums/userp ... tpost2.jpg http://pp.mousekingdom.com/albums/userp ... tpost1.jpg (MagicStar)

Le Château de la Belle au Bois Dormant
      Dirt, mould and remnants (fixings, holes) from seasonal decorations.
      Photos: http://pp.mousekingdom.com/albums/userp ... chloss.jpg (MagicStar)

Dumbo the Flying Elephant
      Queue area much needing refurbishment, particularly roof canopy/canvas.
      Photos: http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i195/ ... C10040.jpg (luke85)

March Hare Refreshments
      Thatched roof desperately needs replacing.

Hyperion Airship
      Very dirty and discoloured, particularly on top. Surrounding roof of Videopolis entrance also.

Space Mountain: Mission 2
      Return attraction's soul by renaming to "Space Mountain: De la Terre a la Lune" with return of moon projection, former soundtrack and large "Excursions Lunares" poster outside attraction. Remove neon lights from control booth and replace modern stock photography in queue with images of early, period-specific space exploration attempts. Bring back beautiful area loop around the attraction.[/list]

WALT DISNEY STUDIOS PARK

Disney Studio 1
        In-park (Hollywood Blvd) side paint looks very patchy and worn, Front Lot side hidden behind billboard/refurbishment covering for over 4.5 years.
        Photo: http://www.dlrptoday.com/images/2009/10 ... io1_01.jpg (Anthony)

Crush's Coaster
        Extend queue line behind fence into current backstage area, weaving around sand dunes and plants, say - or otherwise improve it upon the awful current doubleback system. Move it away from attraction's exterior wall to prevent graffiti and ensure it is long enough to cope with average queue, so area around Flying Carpets can be re-opened.

Hollywood Boulevard
        Backdrops of buildings and Hollywood Hills beginning to peel.
        Photos: http://pp.mousekingdom.com/albums/userp ... udios2.jpg (MagicStar)

Catastrophe Canyon
        The only real reason to ride Studio Tram Tour has been blackened, discoloured and dirty, for several years now. The truck has lost its red design, the canyon long since ochre. It's rare to ride it without at least one thing being broken (usually the sparks from the electricity pole which are meant to start the fire).[/list]

DISNEY VILLAGE

Lakeside opposite PanoraMagique
          The grassy corner leading to Disney's Newport Bay Club has long been walked over as a shortcut. It was at some point given a very messy tarmac covering, and generally looks unsightly. A proper path should be laid and the corner perhaps turned into proper gardens, with additional paths and flower beds.

Disney Village Dome
          Whilst the dome itself is kept clean, it still addresses the path directly, despite rarely being used by guests. The former ticket booths/entrances are simply boarded up, like something you'd see on the run-down side of a city.

Disney Village Convention Tent
          This huge white tent beside the original Dome can clearly be seen from most sides of Lake Disney, surrounded by discarded props and air conditioning systems, etc, creating an eyesore right next to the expensive Disney Hotels.[/list]

DISNEY HOTELS

Rockefeller Plaza, Disney's Hotel New York
            Plaza should be brought back to life as an "extension" of Disney Village, particularly now with new ice rink. Lights returned to trees, grounds cleaned up and reawakened. More promotion of restaurants and facilities. Rip games machines out of outbuildings and open as new dining locations to extend the Village's offerings.

Disney's Newport Bay Club
            Paint/woodwork worn and weathered badly, particularly on Lake Disney side, where lights across roof also require fixing.
            Photos: http://www.dlp.info/News/2009/09/newpor ... s-a-rehab/[/list][/list]

This is a bit like the details checklists, but for general upkeep. Of course, it'll also allow for widespread congratulations whenever something is (most likely just out of coincidence) ticked off.

HOW TO ADD AN IDEA: Post what you think should be added to the list, with any extra details/reasons (photos to illustrate would be great), and I'll keep this first post updated.

NOTE: We've got special topics for the smaller, existing details and effects of the parks and resort. If it's just something small like this you'd like to see fixing, post in these instead: Disneyland Park | Walt Disney Studios Park | Disney Village & Hotels

Magic M

All moving parts on Space Mountain:

* Recoil Barrel
            * Closing Door
            * Turning Cogs

Has the refurb on Alice's Labyrith been fully completed now or does the Club still have a broken toe?

RnRCj

Great topic Ant! :mrgreen:

There's also:

--the Indian teepees at the entrance to Frontierland.
            --the Hyperion airship
            --the Newport Bay Club exterior (Link)

All need just a general refurb/clean up.

Disneyland Paris Treasures

- Rockefeller Plaza Manhattan Map pool
            - Rockefeller Plaza Lights in trees

- Newport Bay Club complete repaint of outside
            - Newport Bay Club fix all lights outside

luke85

One feature that I always notice is the Dumbo awning. Take a look...

It makes me so sad that it's in such a sorry state, and has been for so long. Surely it wouldn't be that hard, or expensive to correct?

Anthony

All spot on. Oh dear, that canvas roof over the Dumbo queue has needed replacing for years. :(

I'll also add links at the top to the DLP and WDS detail checklists, so we don't overlap. This is about the opposite the hidden things -- the really glaringly bad things that need large repainting/cleaning jobs. I'm not sure if that means lights in the trees are included, but a general re-awakening of Rockefeller Plaza should be on there and includes those.

Newport Bay Club especially needs something. I've just been sat looking through some old pre-opening brochures just arrived for Euro Souvenirland and there really seems to have been something lost in the translation from the concepts to reality there. It was originally meant to have a more orangey/peach base and a yellow top for its colour scheme.  Not to mention another bay inlet (filled with boats) on the spot where the pool ended up, and a walkway that extended right around the base of the lighthouse, which itself looks like it was going to have a cafe or something inside... That would have been wonderful.

Anthony

I've added those and also been a bit cheeky adding entries for Space Mountain (return to De la Terre a la Lune) and Crush's Coaster (extend, improve queue). This can really be our general Wish List, like the old DLRP Today series.

Also rewrote the notes so that instead of saying what needs to be done (almost always: just refurbish), it says what's actually wrong.

andrewuk

Quote from: "Anthony"Space Mountain (return to De la Terre a la Lune)

but keep the launch from the bottom of the cannon!

There has been grafiti in the queue for Peter Pan for years now and it still hasn't gone.

Eurostar still announce 'The wonderful world of Disney Parade at 4pm.'

Neither Eurostar or DLRP are listening to me, well, they say that they are but they don't do anything.
            July 2003 My Travel Explorers
            May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
            July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
            December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
            August 2009 Hotel New York
            May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

britincgn

Indian Village
            Teepees near Fort Comstock incredibly dirty and green. Area looks abandoned.

And make it into a meet and greet perhaps Brother Bear or Pocahontas.I think this was the original idea because there are gates to get into the area.

experiment627

I'd wish they ripped out the horrible arcade games at the exit of "Star Tours" and give us the "Astroport" back.
            Or at least turn the area into something not nearly as tacky. (I'd be even okay with another shop - that stays true to the design of the "Star Wars"-universe, of course.)

Disneyland Paris Treasures

Quote from: "experiment627"I'd wish they ripped out the horrible arcade games at the exit of "Star Tours" and give us the "Astroport" back. ...
            +1

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "experiment627"I'd wish they ripped out the horrible arcade games at the exit of "Star Tours" and give us the "Astroport" back.
            Or at least turn the area into something not nearly as tacky. (I'd be even okay with another shop - that stays true to the design of the "Star Wars"-universe, of course.)

I was just about to post the exact same thing :wink:

It really does ruin it slightly to exit the ride into just an everyday arcade, the area has so much more potential. Why not turn it into an small cafe/restaurant or something, with a meet 'n' greet area for the Star Wars characters (Darth Vader, Stormtroopers, Chewbacca, etc, all of which have been at DLP in the past), or perhaps even the Fab 5 dressed as Star Wars characters from the states?

Maarten

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"
            Quote from: "experiment627"I'd wish they ripped out the horrible arcade games at the exit of "Star Tours" and give us the "Astroport" back.

I was just about to post the exact same thing :wink:

It really does ruin it slightly to exit the ride into just an everyday arcade, the area has so much more potential. Why not turn it into an small cafe/restaurant or something, with a meet 'n' greet area for the Star Wars characters (Darth Vader, Stormtroopers, Chewbacca, etc, all of which have been at DLP in the past), or perhaps even the Fab 5 dressed as Star Wars characters from the states?

Exactly, or perhaps they could copy the very successful Jedi Training Academy show from Disney's Hollywood Studios and Disneyland. It would be a guaranteed hit.

RnRCj

Something else to be added to the "clean-up" list is the roof of March Hare Refreshments. I can't find a photo right now but it's covered in moss and just generally looks really dirty.

Also there's the black Catastrophe Canyon.

smurfy74

YOu beat me to it there, catastrophe canyon is terrible, all you have to do is watch the 10 things to know programme on your hotel tv to see how amber it should be, not black as it is now