Our Disneyland Paris Wish List

Started by Anthony, October 23, 2009, 12:41:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Quote from: "RnRCj"Something else to be added to the "clean-up" list is the roof of March Hare Refreshments. I can't find a photo right now but it's covered in moss and just generally looks really dirty.

Also there's the black Catastrophe Canyon.
Ding ding! Is March Hare still looking bad? I didn't check it out last visit. Silly that they didn't replace that thatch whilst doing the ones over at Café de la Brousse (which didn't look as bad).

Added:

Catastrophe Canyon
    The only real reason to ride Studio Tram Tour has been blackened, discoloured and dirty, for several years now. The truck has lost its red design, the canyon long since ochre. It's rare to ride it without at least one thing being broken (usually the sparks from the electricity pole which are meant to start the fire).

March Hare Refreshments
    Thatched roof desperately needs replacing.[/list]

And a couple more:

Disney Village Dome
      Whilst the dome itself is kept clean, it still addresses the path directly, despite rarely being used by guests. The former ticket booths/entrances are simply boarded up, like something you'd see on the run-down side of a city.

Disney Village Convention Tent
      This huge white tent beside the original Dome can clearly be seen from most sides of Lake Disney, surrounded by discarded props and air conditioning systems, etc, creating an eyesore right next to the expensive Disney Hotels.[/list]

How is Mad Hatter's Tea Cups looking these days? Is the floor still dirty and lamps faded/discoloured?

Riebi

They should also take the floor work at the entrance of WDS to an end. They started some year(s) ago and now you can clearly see the new floor in the middle of the entrance and far on the left you can see the old ugly floor.

Same for the ways between Disney Village and the security checks.
      Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Maarten

Quote from: "Riebi"Same for the ways between Disney Village and the security checks.

Ah, another one to add to the wishlist; the security checkpoints. Since 2002/2003 (?) we've seen these temporary white tents in front of Fantasia Gardens and the entrance to Walt Disney Studios. It destroys the view when guests come from the parking lot in the morning and are supposed to see Studio 1 in the distance. Nowadays the tents are green, which blends in better then the white ones, but its still a shame we do not get proper security structures, like the other parks worldwide, after so many years.

experiment627

DLP:
      - working "plumbing" on La Cabane
      - proper narration on the railroad without CMs interrupting it every two minutes (...and I doubt that even the French understand much of the mumbling)

WDS:
      - return of the "Backlot Express"
      - return of "Rendez-Vous des Stars" (as much as I like the "Ratatouille" posters - the old photographs were a lot cooler)
      - return of streetmosphere like the stomp-like group
      - proper queues for "Ciné-" & "Animagique"

DV:
      - return of a performance stage

Hotels:
      - bring back live Jazz to HNY

Disneyland Paris Treasures

Remove those stupid characters and bring back a show (any show) to the best themed stage of the park, the Lucky Nugget Saloon stage. Fix the geysers as they bring a lot of life to that part of Frontierland. Fix the most simplest of effects, the one of fog behind the bride at Phantom Manor and keep it fixed. Bring back the Tarzan and the Lion King show (or any show of similar quality) as they were amongst the most sophisticated Disney shows of any Disney park world wide. Make sure all major effects on BTM are working most of the time as this is the most popular ride of the whole park. Remove characters and silly prices of Auberge and add a decent menu instead. Finally after all these years fix the water irrigation system of the tree house, the organ would also be nice. Fix the bubbles of the Nautilus both inside and outside as well as the engine room and the squid show. Make Space Mountain run with music all the time and not hurt any more as people like that ride very much. Remove the stage from Central Plaza and bring back the flowers instead. Remove decorations from the castle, bring back fog on the dragon's lair, open the viewing platform on Main Street station again, either remove or fix the few remaining birds at Explorers Club, have the fires at Indy lit all the time and have it run without slowdown, remove the arcades from Videopolis and Star Tours. Refurb and reveal the façades of Studio 1 again and have fog at RnRC. Bring back the stars above Disney Village, fresh paint to Newport Bay Club and also clean its' pools, bring back the Map of Manhattan to Hotel New York and also the lights. Fix some of the many effects of Santa Fe and return regular bus service to Camp Davy Crockett.

davewasbaloo

Yay!!! I do not feel alone. While I would prefer Disney to simply do it and restore a lot of the lost magic (seriously, I am feeling like the Disney parks are becoming simply amusement parks when they used to be my obsession - ok, they still are, but not for the same reasons).

But at least I am not that crackpot, lone curmudgeon on the web. It is not my mindset that has changed. You guys show me that the company has indeed changed, and because we are noticing, we may be more empowered to get the company to listen and do something about it.

I want to love Disney again, I want it more than anything else.
      since 2001 (many before that)

-breeno-

Is that Walt Disney poster in the Studio 1 store still covered over by a Disney Princess poster?  To me it's just completely stupid covering it up, that photo to me symbolises what WDS is all about and covering it up is showing us that the magic of Disney is going and being taken over by marketing and only centering on a younger audience (which davewasbaloo has been saying for the past year or so, i've finally seen the light now).  It's like making a full 3 course meal with all the trimmings but then serve them a McDonalds happy meal :?
      "You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
      - Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

king_spoon_ian

Nicolai, I read your post and found myself nodding all the way through. So many decisions have been made over recent years that seem completely nonsensical to you or I.

I especially agree with this one:

Quoteremove the arcades from Videopolis and Star Tours

As other people have said, even though it rarely ever worked, the games and machines they had at the end of Star Tours were much better themed, and actually fitted with the ride, unlike the standard selection of arcade machines they've got now.

RnRCj

As much fun as it is posting these things here, it's not going to do much use. What we need to do is actually tell DLP about these problems! :mrgreen:

We should compile a short list of just two or three things which we feel are the most important. Then everyone on this forum should report these same things to City Hall whenever we're next at DLP. It doesn't have to ruin your trip, just a quick mention that will hopefully make some difference! If DLP have any sense, they should soon start to realise that something must be wrong. :)

MagicStar

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"It is not my mindset that has changed. You guys show me that the company has indeed changed, and because we are noticing, we may be more empowered to get the company to listen and do something about it.

I want to love Disney again, I want it more than anything else.

Yepp - I totally agree. My last visit was the first visit that really disappointed me.
      I´ve visited DLP so many many times now. But there really changed a lot  :(  :?
      [size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]

Anthony

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes... and so on. I'll type all those up later. Excellent work everyone. :)

Aside from the very prominent broken water system on the treehouse, there's still the slight problem of half the leaves being missing on the branches above... how will they ever go about fixing that? They did an great job on the refurb this summer, though it never seems quite enough. Whilst one problem is being fixed, five more spring up...

experiment627

Quote from: "RnRCj"We should compile a short list of just two or three things which we feel are the most important. Then everyone on this forum should report these same things to City Hall whenever we're next at DLP. It doesn't have to ruin your trip, just a quick mention that will hopefully make some difference! If DLP have any sense, they should soon start to realise that something must be wrong. :)

I would recommend writing the guest communications office directly. Going through City Hall is not taken as seriously as a written complaint after your trip.

Anthony

I missed this second page earlier.
      Quote from: "RnRCj"As much fun as it is posting these things here, it's not going to do much use. What we need to do is actually tell DLP about these problems! :mrgreen:
      Yeah, I know what you mean. But the thing is, before now we've just had this general, underlying grumble across the forum... hopefully this will let us collect some of that disappointment together and then like you say, pick out what's most important. It would probably be too much to just forward this whole list to DLP, right?

Right now, I'd vote for Studio 1 and the Pirate Ship to be priority number 1. Then the smaller refurbs like the tepees by Fort Comstock. Then improving things like Lucky Nugget Saloon (spot on again Nicolai) and Astroport, building some kind of proper, themed security check.

The Helmsman

During my last visit (this past October), I noticed several cast members wondering around the resort (even inside restaurants, I spotted one at Silver Spur), carrying with them electronic notepads, looking over the crowds, picking certain visitors. What they were doing (I got picked too) was to ask you over your e-mail address, where the company would send you a survey. The survey is quite big, covering all aspects of the park (shows, merchandise, hotels, service, food etc etc). In there me and my girlfriend stated all of the things that need immediate refurbishment such as the Newport Bay Club. I don't know about the rest of you, but for me this was the first time that I noticed something like that and at such extent (everyday I would spot 2-3 of them).
      Anyway what I wanted to state is that, at least to me, they do care about our feedback as it seems. After sending this survey, I was being told that they are gonna send another survey very soon.
      ~It Be Too Late To Alter Course~

Anthony

Quote from: "The Helmsman"During my last visit (this past October), I noticed several cast members wondering around the resort (even inside restaurants, I spotted one at Silver Spur), carrying with them electronic notepads, looking over the crowds, picking certain visitors.
      I noticed them too, and outside of the normal areas. Usually you just see them near the park entrance, but a very nice guy came up to me when I was sat in Backlot, started tapping on the screen to the first few questions, only to walk away as soon as I said something... I think I said it wasn't my first day there. Or it wasn't my first visit. One of the two, anyway, it was a bit rude actually... talk about feeling devalued.

Glad you had more luck. :)