Epcot_Boy's Summer Visit 27/7-1/8

Started by Epcot_Boy, August 03, 2009, 07:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlemermaid83

Your photos...Wow! I am in awe they are something amazing.  I really wish my sony cybershot could take photos as lovely.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

never2old

What can I say... Wonderful rid and magical pictures  :D

Annet

I absolutely adore your pictures! :D
Can't I take you along as my photographer on my next trip? :lol:

The Butlin Boy

After catching up with the last few installments, I have to say that I am very impressed with the very high quality of your writing, photos and videos Dave. Well done, thank you, I hope you had a great time and I can't wait to read the rest :P

Epcot_Boy

FRIDAY 31st JULY 2009

Today was to be my last full day and night in the parks. The problem with taking things at a leisurely pace throughtout your holiday is that when you near the end there's so many things left to see. The last day of any Epcot_Boy's visit is always pretty hectic, for me that is, perhaps others would not consider it so...

The studios would be first today and so it was that I was soon marching through the entrance at opening time heading for Armageddon. I love the exhibits here before you go into the main 'bit' and also obviously the special effects of the show. They still make be jump and laugh at my stupidity. I don't know how many times I've seen this show but it still does it for me. Unfortunately a younger member of the audience wasn't very impressed and pleaded for release, poor thing. I guess it can be scary for the youngsters, and loud!
Next was a date with a very strong harness, Aerosmith here I come. For me it is pretty intense because I'm not really a great lover of roller coasters, and this and SM just about do it for me, their just at the level of tolerance for me.
Next up was ToT, the queue for this was absolutely horrible, it seemed to me that everyone in the park was in the queue.

It did however allow me to start up a conversation with a German couple who really helped to make the wait seem to go much quicker. The man was hilarious and had me in stitches laughing with his 'take' on the Disney experience. It was a shame that are paths did not meet afterwards.
There was more things in the Disneyland Park that I wanted to see on my last day, than in the studios so I decided to head for Animagique as a 'Farewell show'. It was as enjoyable as ever. On my Summer visits it is true to say that I do not spend as much time in the Studios as I do in Disneyland Park, mainly because I love the Park in the Summer and find that the Studios come into their own in the 'Off' season. So when I come back later in the year the Studios will get much more of my time.
So it was farewell to the studios for this holiday..........

I've also realised that the Front Lot is a good place to get some nice pics of PM with a nice foreground. Here's one more of it peeping over mickey.

Well I was off to the Park now and as I entered there was this lovely band playing before me..

[youtube:3me488jc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5_5fcjYR8Y[/youtube:3me488jc]

This was the kind of 'Streetmosphere' that had seemed to be missing for me, especially in the studios, so it was good to see it here.

Town Square was looking wonderful as usual and I took this video of Main Street as I kind of experiment. Not sure if it works really, the reader can decide.

[youtube:3me488jc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBtzQpxJPNo[/youtube:3me488jc]

Then just as I was to march up Main Street to Discoveryland Minnie came out at the side of me.

[youtube:3me488jc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l24_oPGfow[/youtube:3me488jc]

I followed her and her friends up Main Street and stopped at CP to take a few snaps.

Whatever you think about 'Minnie's Party Train' you have to admit it's very colourful, very red.

Before heading off to Discoveryland I decided to have a quick look around the Castle and a climb up to view Fantasyland from up high. I love being here when the park is open late and the sun sets over the building tops of Fantasyland. I wonder if this is what the view was like in days gone by in such places as Oslo or even Copenhagen or even the small Italian village where Pinocchio lived. Beautiful...

But I had no time today to wait for sunset..

I had planned to go to SM but this had now put me in the mood for a quick visit to le Pays des Contes de Fees and Casey Jr. because I was feeling in a 'FairyTailish' mood. Even though I wasn't going to go on any of the rides and I would sit there for awhile and enjoy it.

It was now time for Discoveryland and in particular SM. As to be expected a there was a long wait but I was in a really 'so be it' mood. I love everything about SM and if there wasn't always such a long wait I could ride it time and time again. It has to be said though that this is as extreme as it gets for me...no Genesis for me.

[youtube:3me488jc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdkszJZRUH4[/youtube:3me488jc]

[youtube:3me488jc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poKVOVSt5XQ[/youtube:3me488jc]

I spent a while watching Orbitron, I have to admit that I have never been on this. But it looks fun for the youngsters.

[youtube:3me488jc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGvYQzn_Q9s[/youtube:3me488jc]

I have said earlier that I love Mary Poppins and looking at my programme I decided there really was time for one more show. Off I popped back to Town Square and just made it for the show. It really is fun and one of the shows that hits the spot for me.

Now it was off to Adventure Isle, for a play around Adventure Isle. You know, I would pay the entrance fee just for this, it really can bring the child out in you. I love the suspension bridge, but I have to admit when it's crowded and moving all over the place I do get a little sweaty. It does seem a long way down, perhaps Peter Pan would catch me. Although Captain Hooks ship really doesn't have a lot going for it, it does have a beautiful design. I'm not sure however that the pirates of bygone days would have bothered to much about that. I often think I would have been a dead cert to walk the plank, an absolute certainty.

It was off to the Lucky Nugget now for dinner. I was running late when I got there but after a short wait I was inside enjoying what was the best buffet I had had on this trip. Well the cold buffet was anyhow.

Well it was now getting late and soon would be time for one last look at Fantillusion and then Enchanted.

I watched the crowds vying for the best spots. Absolutely everybody seemed to be tired but satisfied. The youngsters all seemed to be askng the same questions in the various languages..."When does it start". The various cm's walked up and down trying to encourage everybody to take part in some pre-show entertainment. Lots of waving of hands and shouting. It was great fun.
And then the parade started and the children waved and the adults stared in disbelief. It is indeed magical as is the fireworks afterwards.

As I was leaving the park, I watched the masses walking down Main Street. Tired and probably hungry, a magical day had been had by one and all.

[youtube:3me488jc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVj9Q08pDiE[/youtube:3me488jc]

For the purpose of this trip report that's about it. Saturday, after several years of saying that I will visit Val de Europe, I will finally get to see it properly and not for a quick visit.

So my summer visit to this gloriously magical place had come to an end. Thanks for coming on this ride with me and thanks for your kind comments. Roll on November.

I leave you with my favourite photo of the trip, the Disneyland Hotel as the day slips away.

THAT'S A WRAP!

David

Aveen2008

=D>  =D>  =D>

well rounded up trip report and I have to say it's great to see Casey jnr and the rest of storybook land open for a change! :roll:  =D>

I hate the last day on my hoilday I feel all sad and just want to tie myself to a lamppost and stay there forever hehe!! :P  :wink:

Thanks for sharing your report and lovely pictures! :D/
Luv Aveen xoxo

Javey74

A fab final round up with brilliants photos, I really enjoyed reading that..  :D/  =D>  :D/

Well done and thanks again for sharing..  :wink:  :D

burntsienna

Awww noo its finished =[
Well, like I've already said - I've fallen in love with your trip report!  :mrgreen:
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

The Butlin Boy

Thank you so much for sharing your outstanding trip report with us Dave. I've really enjoyed reading through and seeing your sensational writings, photos and videos. It's really brought out some strong memories and emotions that I associate with being at DLP. Thank you once again, and I hope you had a wonderful time =D>  :)

The Helmsman

Epcot_Boy your trip report is one of a kind. You really managed to capture and transmit to the rest of us (through your own words, pics and videos) the atmosphere of the park. Well done =D> !
~It Be Too Late To Alter Course~

littlemermaid83

Fantastic report!
  =D>  =D>
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

never2old

Just finished reading the last part to your report. Great read and some more magical pictures - the one of Discoveryland from behind the lake is stunning... =D>

Looking forward to your November trip!  :wink:

DLP-Photos.com

AMAZING report you have produced here Epcot_Boy - beautiful photos, magical stories and great little comments to the "every day life" of DLP.

Quote from: "never2old"Looking forward to your November trip!  

I completely agree, although october will be good too :P
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

Pete's Dragon

Great trip report EP, brilliant photos. =D>  =D>

Can I borrow your camera please. I promise I'll be careful and not let the kids (or the wife) touch it  [-o<

Epcot_Boy

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"Can I borrow your camera please. I promise I'll be careful and not let the kids (or the wife) touch it  [-o<

Apart from it's obvious low light limitations and anyhing over iso 400 isn't too clever the lx3 really is a fine camera. Goes with me everywhere now, well nearly everywhere :wink:

David