Epcot_Boy's Summer Visit 27/7-1/8

Started by Epcot_Boy, August 03, 2009, 07:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Epcot_Boy

The long awaited day had arrived........Disneyland Paris here I come. :D/

MONDAY 27th July 2009

After a lovely relaxing night at the Holiday Inn Ashford I was pumped up and ready to go, a quick check in for Eurostar and away we go. 2 and a bit hours later and I was checking into the Hotel New York.

It went really smoothly and soon I was entering room 124 on the ground floor just a skip and a jump to the pool and health club. I was a bit concerned that it might be noisy but as time went on my fears disapated and it was a fairly quiet room. The room was what you would expect for the HNY, very clean and appealing, yep I was satisfied.
Thought I'd have a quick drink from the mini bar before setting out for the DLP and while I did thought I'd have a look at the room service menu....I had to laugh, if this was their idea of a menu for room service in a 4* hotel then I'm a monkeys uncle and funnily it wasn't even really a 24 menu, only stodgy pizzas on offer late at night.
Well I wasn't going to be grumpy, after all I was on my hols..

Through Disney village and into the magical place that is Disneyland Park..

There was the Disney Transportation Service to greet me..

Some lovely ballons, if I was younger I would really buy one of those, but now I would feel rather foolish..

On the right of Town Square I could see my old prams, now where did they get them?..

And then it was time for a very very slow stroll down Main Street USA, a magical street which I absolutely adore, everything about it makes me tingle inside. I love the architecture of City Hall (Strickly Town Square I suppose), I love watching the Horse Dawn Streetcar running up and down, the Main Street Vehicles remind me of a time gone by (A romantic vision I suppose unlike the reality of the time). The smells of the Cookie Kitchen, Market House deli and Victoria's all help to add a few pounds to my waistline at the end of a visit..

Then I noticed someone was missing......now where did he go?

Yep, Main Street is a magical place, yes indeedy..
And then at the end of the street, Central Plaza and just beyond..Sleeping Beauty Castle..

I can stare at this wonderful vision for ages and I wonder how many photographs I have taken of this castle over the years, it must be in the hundreds and hundreds..

Well now into Frontierland and time for me to break a long standing tradition (Well my tradition that is)..Normally I don't go on any rides on the first day of a visit, just prefering to take in the atmosphere. However, as I wondered past the Keelboats I was amazed to find that there was only a short waiting time, so I thought why not...........
[youtube:20s5gb2w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW6ak951Gcg[/youtube:20s5gb2w]

Loved it!!

Now it was time to head out of the park for a buffet at Billy Bob's. Although it filled a hole the buffet is not what it was, for instance the spare ribs were indeed 'spare' of meat, the hot food was to put it mildly luke warm and all in all it was pretty well unimaginative..yep not what it was.

Back to the park for 'Party Time' with Mickey and friends at 8.15...

another little wander around and then it was time for...Fantillusion and the Enchanted fireworks. However, just before the fireworks I love the 'Sparkly' Castle..

[youtube:20s5gb2w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9MiRPg2q08[/youtube:20s5gb2w]

Neat isn't it?

Well, fireworks over I struggled back to the HNY and collapsed onto my bed, well and truly puffed!!

First day over, and a tired Epcot_Boy drifted into sleep, dreaming of the day to come.

David

Barnsey313

Great trip report and I loved the photos! Never seen the big sign on the front of the emporium in any other pictures. Can't wait to see the rest.
 One question - What was the breakfast room like in the NY? I heard the restaurants are being refurbished.

PS: As for the man outside the emporium - He's in the Cable Car buying brownies :D. Hard work standing still for so long.

Pete's Dragon

Great start to your trip report. I would have posted sooner, but my daughter caught sight of all those Minnie Mouse balloons and wouldn't let me scroll down for about 5 mins (I think I know what's at the top of her shopping list)

Aveen2008

Great so far, can't wait to hear and see more!! :D/
Luv Aveen xoxo

Epcot_Boy

Quote from: "Barnsey313"One question - What was the breakfast room like in the NY? I heard the restaurants are being refurbished.

Yes both restaurants have been closed for refurishment and breakfast is held in 2 of the conference halls, there's plenty of room and there was never a large queue. in the evening they have a rather naff med. buffet in the Radio City Conference hall..it really is poor, for a 4* hotel not to have a decent restaurant in the summer months is pretty poor I think :(

PS: As for the man outside the emporium - He's in the Cable Car buying brownies :D. Hard work standing still for so long.
 :lol:  :lol:  =D>

David

Epcot_Boy

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"Great start to your trip report. I would have posted sooner, but my daughter caught sight of all those Minnie Mouse balloons and wouldn't let me scroll down for about 5 mins (I think I know what's at the top of her shopping list)

She's obviously a girl after my own heart :lol:

David

Nala_84

Thanks for this great report and awesome pictures, Epcot_Boy!  =D> :) I'm looking forward to the rest!!

And you're right... what could be more wonderful than the smell of Cookie Kitchen and the atmosphere of old american times? :)
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

bigrossco

great pics hope you had an enjoyable time!
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

never2old

Wonderful report so far EB!

Your description of Main Street is brilliant - that's exactly how I feel walking around it. It's a shame so many people just rush trough it and don't take the time to take in all the details...

Your pictures are great, I love the colours.

Really looking forward to the rest!  :D

davewasbaloo

Great trip report and photos. Your issues with the restaurants and room service are part of what annoyed me on our last stay.
since 2001 (many before that)

Annet

Great pictures! And nice report too, looking forward to the rest of it!

15yearsofMagic2008

Heyyy ! Just read the report ! Looks boss ! cant wait for the rest ! x
I want your love and i want your revenge you and me could write a bad romance

Don\'t call my name , don\'t call my name , Alejandro

The Butlin Boy

Fantastic start to your trip report EB. I really enjoyed reading it and seeing your truely superb photos and videos. I can't wait to see the rest :)  =D>

kiki_304

Great pics and report.  Looking forward to the rest. :D

burntsienna

Great trip report so far Epcot_Boy!
I love your photographs! and I must say, I too love the sparkly castle!
I also love that you filmed it! because I love that time of the night when its all sparkly and you wait for the fireworks and you can hear the mainstreet music loop really well, because even though people are around talking, they always seem quieter (maybe thats because they're all tired from the day  :D ) and I just adore that time!

=D>  =D>  =D>

I'm well and truly looking forward to the rest
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"