Epcot_Boy's Summer Visit 27/7-1/8

Started by Epcot_Boy, August 03, 2009, 07:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aveen2008

=D>  again another great part to your Trip report! You make it sound so magical the way you tell it hehe! You should do the voice over on their adverts hehe! :lol:  :wink:
Luv Aveen xoxo

DLP-Photos.com

Great update with more amazing pictures - keep it coming, please :D
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

Pete's Dragon

I mean, Wow !! These have to be some of the finest looking photographs I have ever seen. Not just of DLP, I mean ever. Especially these 2 below, blew me away  :shock:  =D>

Simply breath taking!!!!

Annet

I love this picture:

It's so colourfull, it really makes me happy :D

never2old

I'm enjoying your trip report so much EB!! It's a real pleasure to read and your pictures are beautiful... The park looks even more beautiful through your eyes!

Thank you for sharing!!

burntsienna

Quote from: "never2old"I'm enjoying your trip report so much EB!! It's a real pleasure to read and your pictures are beautiful... The park looks even more beautiful through your eyes!

Thank you for sharing!!
Oooo I couldn't have said it better myself!
I think I'm falling in love with your trip report!  :lol:  8)  :mrgreen:
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

Gareth

WOW WOW WOW your photos are AMAZING :D and great trip report

[size=150]Please Follow Me - - - - Twitter.com/Gareth2100 ---- Thanks

Javey74

As ever at times I love missing the starts of members Trip Reports, since it stops you from becoming hungry immediately for more..  :mrgreen:

I must admit Epcot Boy you have truly remided me of how beautiful Main Street is, I love the area aswell, lots of nostalgia and a tingly feeling which I also get..  :wink:

Superb photos aswell, especially the background filtrations around the castle..  =D>  =D>  =D>

The video footage always brings everything to the present for me as though I'm there, a real happy feeling..  :D

Looking forward to the next instalment, and thank you very much for sharing another delightful set of reads..  :D

toonarmylass

it was great meeting you EB, i am very proud of matthew. he feels very important to be named in you report lol. im loving your photos and wished id taken some like them. mine were more like matthew with this character or that. keep going with the report as i am reliving my time there. next time im gettin the drinks in and no arguing lol. take care.

Epcot_Boy

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments and joining me on the ride.

THURSDAY 30th JULY 2009

Well this morning I was up and about before the alarm clock clicked into action and soon I was standing ready for my breakfast. It reminded me of those people you some times see standing outside pubs waiting for the doors to open. It was once again a tasty breakky and soon I was heading off to the village. For no other reason than to say that I had had a coffee there I stopped at Starbucks and sat outside for a while watching the hotel crowds heading to the parks. It was funny watching the groups of people marching along in anticipation of the delights to come. The small children made me laugh as their little legs worked overtime to keep up with the larger adult members charging to their destination. I wondered who was more excited, the children or Mum and Dad.
Coffee over, and to be honest as some one who rarely drinks coffee it tasted ok to me, High Street chain or not...and off to the Disneyland Park and into the glorious Town Square.
It was really looking colourful this morning, absolutely lovely.

I would be back here at about 13.30 to see Mary Poppins, something I had missed so far this visit.
The horse-drawn vehicle was looking spendid and I wondered firstly what the horse's name was and secondly if his relatives would have had such a comfortble life as clearly he was having, somehow I doughted it.

The little chap you can see in the photo was soon to get a shock. As he tried to get closer to the horse for a better picture the horse suddenly turned his head around slightly brushing against the child, I've never seen anybody run so fast back to the safety of his mum, not so brave hey..

It was indeed a lovely summers day at Disneyland Paris, and I have to admit I felt a little dopey, I was really excited. Silly old twit.

[youtube:3o8nz8zq]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1-YJImw0zI[/youtube:3o8nz8zq]

I had wondered up Main Street behind 'Good Morning MS USA' and had I had someone with me I would have linked hands and hopped and skipped up Main Street........
At the central plaza I spent sometime watching the characters. I often wonder you know when watching the characters if the cm's behind the 'masks' are enjoying themselves or if it's just another job to them, I like to think the're having as much fun as me, surely.

[youtube:3o8nz8zq]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww0abYEC-s4[/youtube:3o8nz8zq]

My first ride destination this morning was 'Indiana Jones', simply because I had not been on the ride for a long time. You'll see from the photo that the wait time was 30 minutes, well an hour later at least I was on the ride.

Good fun. I read somewhere that it seems faster when your actually on it than when your watching it. I have to say I agree.
Next it was off to Pirates of the Caribbean. Again it was good fun, although of a far more leisurely pace than previously experienced.
In the summer months riding two of the most popular rides one after the other can really soak up the time, the morning was nearly gone.
Another experience that I hadn't visited for some time was the 'Passage Enchante of Aladdin', so I thought I'd head for that and get out of the sun for a while. Us brits are really not used to the sun, well this brit isn't.
Time for a bite to eat, pizza will do today so it was the 'Outpost' here I come.
I wanted to see Mary Poppins so I started to head back to Town Square, and on the way I encountered Minnie with some pals.

[youtube:3o8nz8zq]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUYq9-28VYs[/youtube:3o8nz8zq]

Lots has been said about this but I actually find it quite delightful.

I had misread the timetable and arrived at Town Square much to early for MP, so I just sat down and smiled to myself. And smiled and smiled until Mary turned up.

This is one of my favourite shows at DLRP, and even though it glorifies a period of British history which is nothing to shout about, I prefer to look on it as representing a wonderful film. I think it does it well, glorious.

I really enjoyed that, but now it was time to head off to the most colouful land of them all, Fantasyland. This is really a place for the younger ones amongst us........but I just love the colours and theming here. In many ways parts of this land are more 'Fun Fairish', but that doesn't take anything away from it.

Because of the nature of this land it is rare for me to go on any rides here, with the exception of 'It's a Small World'. You cannot visit a Disney park without going on it, what would Walt say?

Well hunger was now setting in and it was time to head back to the HNY and the Mediterannean buffet at the Hotel.

Warning. If your going this summer avoid it at all costs, it is truly awful. Remember, avoid the Mediterannean Buffet at the Hotel New York. Have a Hot Dog.

Well, after that disaster I left the Hotel and once again noticed how spectacular the Newport looked, really scenic.

Back into the park, the Castle was looking mighty fine this evening, and located a place to get comfortable for Fantallusion and Enchanted.

I did try to get a video of the evening parade, but my camera really wasn't happy with the light. However it did seem happy with enchanted.......so here's the 'Enchanted Fireworks', in all its glory.
Much has been written about the display this year, but it still does it for me.

[youtube:3o8nz8zq]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ePIAq4ODX8[/youtube:3o8nz8zq]

TIP..for a better movie click on the 'link' and then on HQ, it's much better.

This was the fourth time this week I had seen it, you just can't beat fireworks.

Well it was time to head back, albeit slowly, and admire Main Street all lit up. Very nice indeed.

Another great day. Another great day

David

DLP-Photos.com

Once again you bless us with a lovely update to your report.

Great stories and magnificent photos - thank you very much!  :D/   =D>
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

The Helmsman

QuoteAnother great day. Another great day

And another great segment of your trip report  =D> !

I just fell in love with this scenic view of Newport  :shock: !!! It's my favorite hotel for many reasons!
~It Be Too Late To Alter Course~

burntsienna

That installement just closed the deal, I'm now officially in love with your trip report!  :mrgreen:
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

MagicStar

I especially love how you join your day. Relaxing and enjoying the whole Disney-Atmosphere. No hard time-planning, no stress. Thats how a magical trip has to be! :D
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]

Aveen2008

again well done =D>  

I love the up close picture of mary and bert with the castle in the background but then again I love all the photos! They are so beautiful! I'll remember to avoid the buffet in HNY...although I never eat in the hotel... I feel like I am wasting time I could be in the parks :P

:D/  :D/
Luv Aveen xoxo