Epcot_Boy's Summer Visit 27/7-1/8

Started by Epcot_Boy, August 03, 2009, 07:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MizzRabbit

Lovely report. Made me in a slightly better mood than I have been the last week or so, so thanks for that. You pics look magic, almost unreal. You must have a good camera. By the way, who did you go with on the trip? Your family? Or were you alone? Looks like you had a great time so far and I'm looking forward to the next part. :)

My Disneypics gallery]http://public.fotki.com/MizzRabbit/[/url]
Use password]

littlemermaid83

Great report so far, your photos are so clear and crisp..what camera do you use?
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Epcot_Boy

burntsienna said:
I love that time of the night when its all sparkly and you wait for the fireworks and you can hear the mainstreet music loop really well, because even though people are around talking, they always seem quieter (maybe thats because they're all tired from the day  ) and I just adore that time!

Me too, and after the fireworks have just finished..lovely =D>

MizzRabbit asked:
 By the way, who did you go with on the trip? Your family? Or were you alone? Looks like you had a great time so far and I'm looking forward to the next part.

The last 3 trips I have visited on my own, all previous visits were with family or friends. I love going on my own however because being purely selfish I can do what I want when I want :)

littlemermaid83 asked:
your photos are so clear and crisp..what camera do you use?

I used to hump a DSLR around with me until I discovered the Panasonic LX3 compact, it's a wonderful compact and I would recommend it to anyone who wants nice pictures but doesn't want to hump around a DSLR. The LX3 has a leica lense which really helps with Image Quality.

David

Epcot_Boy

TUESDAY 28th JULY 2009

Well I don't know about you but I really dislike wasting time time lollying in bed when at DLRP, no matter how tired...so I was a bit miffed when I woke up at 9.30am having forgotten to set my alarm clock, there's a first for everything I suppose.
Anyhow I was soon watered and fed and off to the parks. However as I left the HNY and looking out of the entrance I could see the lovely Newport and the given appearance that it was surounded by water fountains, I thought it looked really nice.

[youtube:1xynd2hu]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9RNQyxL3nM[/youtube:1xynd2hu]

So having watched this beautiful site for a mo I was then off to the parks. One of my biggest problems when at DLRP is that I can never plan anything and if I try it all goes out the window as soon as I get there, so I normally just take things as they come.
Anyway, by the time I had walked through Disney Village, It was a toss up, 'DP or WS'? Well I found myself vearing towards the compass, so it was the Studios here I come.
I love the grand entrance to the studios and especially once in the buildings that house the Studio services and the Studios store/Photo Store.

Of course you can't miss the Earful Tower (I have stood around this area for ages and ages trying to get a special backgound shot with the ET, never managed to get one that satisfies me though!).

You also can't miss Mickey right there in the middle as a Sorcerer I think. Yep this is a great little area.

To add to the fun as I walked in was a band playing away, added nicely to the atmosphere.

So watched them for a while and then it was through the DS and into the park proper. And there as always were Walt and Mickey to meet me. Seems that time I see this statue it brings a great big smile to my face, a magical statue.

Where to go first, well as I was late then it really didn't matter I was going to have to queue anyhow, and for a long time judging by the crowds. I suppose it had to be TT....and yes I did have to queue, for ever it seemed.

But I loved it, as I always do.
Next up was....ummmmmm..the Studio Tram tour. I've been on this more times than I care to remember and to be honest it's looking a bit worn to me, sort of 'long in the tooth', but hey that's just me.
It was now 12.30 and time for.....Sigh High School Musical!? It doesn't really do much for me but the kids seem to love it and I can get just as much pleasure from watching them dancing to the music as any pleasure I can get from a ride. So I guess it does it's job then...

Next it was burger time and then onto Animagique and after that across to the Toon Studio area to have a rest and a laugh, not I assure you to go on any rides. However here are some quick vids of a couple of the attractions.

[youtube:1xynd2hu]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Is--NbTpBA[/youtube:1xynd2hu]

[youtube:1xynd2hu]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L57Qx98jsS0[/youtube:1xynd2hu]

My final ride today in the studios was Crush's Coaster, part of Toon stdio I guess so yes I did have one ride.

[youtube:1xynd2hu]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJmh_zznrzw[/youtube:1xynd2hu]

It was time now to head out of the park to my Hotel for a quick freshen up before evening dinner, at the Newport, another buffet. The problem with arriving late as I had done is that you really can't get in all the rides you would like, my alarm clock will certainly be set tonight.

As I left the Studios I noticed that Panoramagique was looking particularily scenic, very nice.

I'm afraid this buffet also was not what it was and I could go on for ever about how bad it was, but I wont.

Well I now headed back to the parks, Disneyland Park would obviously be on the agenda tonight. As I approached the village once again Panoramagique looked delightful, really excellent.

It was relatively late so I was really just going to get Fantillusion and the Fireworks, but Sleeping Beautys Castle was looking particularily wonderful as the sun set.

And once again it was lovely and sparkly..

[youtube:1xynd2hu]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILKskSvhekI[/youtube:1xynd2hu]

And just before the Fireworks...a lovely silhouette..great..I just can't get enough of the castle.

Well, tuesday was drawing to an end and it was time to head back...and this time I would remember to set the alarm clock.

David

Aveen2008

Another great addition to this report! =D>  I have to say the weather looked fantastic!

I love the Panoramagique pictures. I always find it so magical walking around the parks and spotting the Panoramagique in the sky! :D

pity about the buffet at the Newport...hope your meals out picked up! :wink:

can't wait to read and see more :)
Luv Aveen xoxo

The Butlin Boy

Thanks for sharing a great second instalment to trip report EB, your writing, photos, and videos have captured the magic of DLP perfectly. Well done, I can't wait for the rest :)

burntsienna

Another amazing installment!
I really just can't get enough of your photographs! their quality and vibrancy are just outstanding!  :mrgreen:  =D>  :mrgreen:
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

never2old

Another great chapter and even more amazing picture EB!

I'm exactly the same when I go to Disney, no time to sleep! People who come with me always complain when I set the alarm for 7am every day...  :wink:

But to come back to the pictures, they're really beautiful. And these three are stunning. Thank you so much for sharing them  =D>  

Quote from: "Epcot_Boy"

Do you have a filter on your camera or something? The light is really beautiful in all your pictures.

Nala_84

Wow, your photos are absolutely brilliant, Epcot-Boy!!!  =D> I love them all!

And I can understand your anger about waking up so late so much!! I also hate it when I get to the parks late, as it was last December when I planned to arrive at DLP at 8.30 am, but because there was so much snow on the streets we didn't arrive before 9.45 for the check-in and when we arrived at the Studios, it was sooo full of crowds there :(! We only did 2 or 3 attractions on this day at the Studios :shock:

But you have to be lucky you could go on Crush's, it was broken down during our last visit :(!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Pete's Dragon

More truely great photos, thanks
But this one really drives home the fact that they need to stop decorating the castle

Epcot_Boy

never2old asked
Do you have a filter on your camera or something? The light is really beautiful in all your pictures.

Even though the LX3 isn't designed to take a filter I managed to find an attachment which allows me to use either a Neutral Density filter or a Polarizer. Filters can make a huge difference to your pics as can being able to adjust your white balance manually.

David

DLP-Photos.com

Truly amazing trip report with some absolutely stunning photographs  :D/  =D>

As many others have said the colors are simply amazing - creating a special and extra magical atmosphere in all of your photos. And you are right - it is amazing how much a filter or two can do to your pictures.

Your report has really made me excited to go on a "photo hunt", when I visit DLP in october this year :D

Cannot wait for the next part :)

Quote from: "Epcot_Boy"

This picture pretty much sums up everything I have said and have to say about your photos = :o
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

-breeno-

Hey Epcot_Boy :D

Sorry i haven't got reading this earlier, i've just been busy.  I love your trip report so far, your photos are amazing! =D>

Also i have to say a big well done for actually bothering to do a trip report and make it a success, unlike my one (which i am now not calling a Trip Report, it's a Fail Report :lol: ).

Looking forward to the next installments :D/
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

never2old

Quote from: "Epcot_Boy"never2old asked

Even though the LX3 isn't designed to take a filter I managed to find an attachment which allows me to use either a Neutral Density filter or a Polarizer. Filters can make a huge difference to your pics as can being able to adjust your white balance manually.

Thanks!  :D

Epcot_Boy

WEDNESDAY 29th JULY 2009

This morning I was up with the lark, bushy tailed and ready to go. First, breakfast. I have to say I have no complaints with the HNY breakfast buffet, which has all the usuals plus sausages (Veal I think!?), streaky bacon, scrambled egg and fried potatoes........not bad at all and it really can set you up for the day, so well done HNY for that.
It was still only 8.00am and I didn't really see the point in taking up the whole 2 hours of EMH so decided to take a detour around Disney Lake before going through the village to the parks.
All three 'Lake' hotels were looking pretty smart, from the outside anyhow..

Anyhow, morning stroll over and into Disneyland Park. A 10 minute stop in Town Square just to soak up the atmosphere. More 'Minnie Ballons', looking extremely colourful and then a sit down on that seat.

Next along came my favourite form of transportation, I just have to have a ride.

Next instead of venturing up Main Street straight away it was up Liberty Arcade and a read of the wall art, french immigration, that sort of thing and then a look in Dapper Dan's which was closed, as it always is when I'm there. Here's a question, is this now always shut or does it actually open these days?
Anyhow that was fun, but being the strange chap I am instead of moving off into one of the lands it was now back down Discovery Arcade to Town Square.
Arcades finished with back up Main Street and look at the information board. Main Street was getting busy as the merry holiday makers started to flood in.

And then coming up behind me...'Good Morning Main Street USA (Paris)'..

[youtube:334kihii]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmbekQjxxto[/youtube:334kihii]

Now even an old bloke me finds himself hopping and a skipping to this one..

That was fun and now it was off to Frontierland, first a ramble over the fort and say hello to Buffalo Bill and then an attempt to use the telescopes, which are pretty well useless. Anyhow it provided a good look down to FL. Joined the queue for PM and sometime later was amongst the ghosts..

Next it was across to Big Thunder Mountain, which has a horrendous queue, but that's the price you pay for never planning anything. I just love that first plunge. This ride I'm sure will have me back several more times before my trip is over.

[youtube:334kihii]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELPeFHDiQaU[/youtube:334kihii]

BTM over and it was time for some leisurely boating, into the Mesa Riverboat landing, which always makes me think of cows being hurded.
The Mark Twain was looking dapper and we were soon on our way..

[youtube:334kihii]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIuyTtlDFQM[/youtube:334kihii]

When on the MT it always reminds me of some of his quotes that were told to me many moons ago, and the one I remember mostly is..'The Human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter', it sort of sums up the humour in this ride and the park in general.
After the pleasant ride up the Mississippi it was time to head for Goofy and see his summer camp. The show was okish but I have seen better.

After summer camp it was time for a change in direction and theme and I headed towards food, and then onto Fantasyland and a stroll around the Labyrinth. I do enjoy this, especially all the wonderful colours.

The weather today was really hot so I decided to head over to Adventure Isle to find some hide aways. I often sit down around here and wonder what it must have been like in times gone bye when pirates ruled the waves or there were no magical communication devices to tell people you had got lost. I must admit I love Adventure Isle and I can spend many a happy hour wandering around it, letting my imagination run wild.

It is amazing how time flies and now it was time to head back and freshen up at the hotel because late this afternoon I was to meet some special people, fellow members of the MF. Before I left though I had a look back at the Castle. I don't know if it was me or not, but I thought all the flower arrangements around the resort were looking really colourful this summer, what do you think?

A couple of hours later and standing at the compass where Toonarmylass with young Matthew and the ford_prefect family.
It was great to meet up with them and we headed towards the Sports Bar for a chin wag.

Finally, however we had to say our farewells and head off to our different reservations etc. It was great to have met them, especially young Matthew who was looking really great after his past tribulations, I bet Toonarmylass is one proud Mum.

Now it was time for dinner, and this time it was at the Steakhouse in the village. I must say, I was very satisfied, very satisfied indeed. This was more like it, and at £21 good value for money.

Well because I had taken longer than normal to savour my meal it was getting late so I rushed back to the park as the sun prepared to say it's farewell.
I thought the DisneyLand Hotel was looking particularily Gothic tonight..

Up Main Street and just in time for some more Party time, which I must admit I am now beginning to warn too.

It was beginning to get dark now so went back over some of my earlier tracks, the Mark Twain was looking elegant moored for the night.

Back to the castle just in time for.........yep you got it..........Sparkly castle......fanta and then enchanted.

[youtube:334kihii]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdkVYfMAbSE[/youtube:334kihii]

Another good day and time to head off to the bar at the HNY for a nightime........sparkling water.

David