The Tarzan Encounter cancelled this summer!

Started by Kristof, February 11, 2009, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aveen2008

Aw no, I hope it returns as I didn't get time to see it last Summer when i was there :(

If it's only a temporary thing i can live with that! lol
Luv Aveen xoxo

Anthony

Quote from: "Remco K."
Quote from: "Jens"And it gets better (or worse): "The chapperal theatre" will be demolished in favor of something new (I don't think it'll be splash mountain though) and that's another reason why they are canceling the show.
A member of the Themepark.nl Forum reports this as well. According to this member it's rumoured there has been a presentation about it today.
I presume this was personally done by Philippe Gas aboard a flying elephant? :wink:

Actually I can completely understand that Tarzan has finished. It was nine years old and probably quite expensive with such a large cast. I'm interested when they decided this though, because if it's a new development that must be a serious lack of decent planning for the year ahead with The Lion King also gone. If they'd have made the decision last year, something smaller connected to MMP could have been placed there. As it stands, that's effectively thousands of extra guests not spending 30+mins in a theatre but out on the streets of the park. Unless that won't matter anyway, with all the fans "boycotting" MMP. Ahum...

It'd be nice if that rumour was true though. Build the planned Fantasyland Theatre and give up on the ridiculously small Videopolis and the Chaparral with its two stupid roof supports that ruin the view for half the audience...

Edit: Do we know if Winnie the Pooh is back? I wouldn't be surprised if that was gone what with him appearing in Playhouse Disney soon...

pussinboots

The Chaparral is indeed not the world's best venue. It is essentially a modest outdoor stage that was partially covered up somewhere in the '90s. Videopolis wasn't up to the task of supporting a show like the Legend of the Lion King either.

But it was better to have two great shows in slightly inadequate theaters than no shows at all.

So this essentially leaves the Chaparral, Videopolis, the Theatre du Chateau and the Fantasy Festival Stage* unused, while the new entertainment roster (all aimed at modestly intelligent five-year-olds by the looks of it) shoehorns itself into places that were never intended for it. Really, excellent news.  :?

Perhaps it's time to bring a new blockbuster show to the Studios instead? It seems a better fit, anyway.

*[edit] ...and the Lucky Nugget, come to think of it.

Jens

Quote from: "Kristof"Really?  Where does that information come from?

It was actually posted on dlrpfans by a CM working at EPC. He said the main reason why they are doing this is money but the second reason is they are getting rid of the theatre to make place for something new.

Magicalmouse125

hmmmm i'm not so sure about them closing tarzan, i enjoyed that show. But no thsi leaves disney land with essentially no shows. they need to do something.
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

phantom247

Yesterday, 01:15 PM    #1  
*TIMMIE*

Yes I saw this also on micechat here is the post:

Bye bye Chapperal Theatre

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

According to a member of Themepark (who happens to be a castmember as well) the Chapperal Theatre will be demolished. Tarzan as well as Mickey's winter wonderland will be cancelled. An exact date is not given, but Tarzan should end by the summer. This might be fuel for the rumoured Splash Mountain.

Poppy The Monkey

Tarzan should run for this summer, but only in July and August - same time as the fireworks.

The theatre being demolished is being considered, for the placement of a "water-based" attraction but nothing is final yet.

Kristof

Quotewho happens to be a castmember as we

Sadly, most Cast Members know as much as we do.  The demolition of Chapparel Theater is being rumoured as long as there are DLRP fan sites.  :lol:

The cancelling of Tarzan in favour of the Stitch Show in Discoveryland (I was wrong earlier saying it was for the Mickey show) to have it perform 7 instead of 5 days a week has been confirmed by the Entertainment Department managers to the marketing and sales teams all over Europe.

Poppy The Monkey

Quote from: "Kristof"
Quotewho happens to be a castmember as we

Sadly, most Cast Members know as much as we do.  The demolition of Chapparel Theater is being rumoured as long as there are DLRP fan sites.  :lol:

The cancelling of Tarzan in favour of the Stitch Show in Discoveryland (I was wrong earlier saying it was for the Mickey show) to have it perform 7 instead of 5 days a week has been confirmed by the Entertainment Department managers to the marketing and sales teams all over Europe.

This is strange: I'm not saying your wrong Kristof, but on Monday arieal artists from all over Europe were in the EPC being fitted for Tarzan for this years show? One of my friends who is going to be working with Terk this year asked the managers yesterday and was told the show is still 100% running in July and August.

We will wait and see....

howtodeal

I don't feel good about all these changes in the resort  :(
I actually think they should add an extra theatre instead of destroying one  :?

smurfy74

tarzan encounter or splash mountain, i know which i would pick, sorry tarzan. all sounds a good plan to me

WDI1992

I don't actually know why everyone is talking about Splash Mountain but I honestly think no one should get too excited about that because the odds seem very small this will actually be executed (according to me)... so don't go too crazy about that rumour just yet  :wink:  
about Chapperal Theatre being demolished... I doubt if that were true but if it is I won't be blasting with happiness, I can tell you that much!... that the Tarzan show (to me this seems confirmed by Kristof) is being cancelled for this year, is a waste of a good show and I can only hope it will return...
I think I speak for everyone of us when I say, we will always be sad to see a part of DLRP go for something new instead... and sometimes you have to settle with that, change is necessary from time to time... But for the damn stitch show?!  :shock:  :x  oh come on you guys.... Tarzan had been running for 9 years, fine, but if they replace it it might well be with something decent and not temporary! I'm quite afraid that entertainment (and other departments as following) will change the resort from craftsmanship and originality, uniqueness into cheap looking, prefab-resembling attractions and easy-listening, fake-looking shows... it is just too mass-based easy stuff! what I'm saying is we are talking about Disneyland Resort Paris, not Las Vegas here, put some thinking and art into it!
Tarzan was a great show, with a good storyline, great sets, amazing choreography and interactivity... and I'll bet you what we'll get in place will be 'kindergarten goes XL'
As for Chapperal... it just fits into Frontierland like nothing else, looks like it has been there for ages, and just to me, is very very 'quaint', so hands off! :wink:
Ne cessez jamais de croire ... et, imaginez un peu! Parce que, c\'est là où les rêves deviennent réalité  

and always remember, if you can dream it, you can do it!
www.ResortDreams.net

Poppy The Monkey

okay, I'm eating my earlier words now :oops:

We were told today that there is NO tarzan this year! 100% confirmed byt the manager who just yesterday was telling everyone that there is a show - Disney is so professional!

Jens

That must be a big hit for performers who intern auditioned for this show and got hired! Maybe that manager also knew that and didn't want to put everyone off so suddenly? But I guess there will be no cuts in staff and those performers will just be moved to parade or other shows?

phantom247

Some things are slowly coming together to reveal a new big project in Fronteerland even if we don't know exactly what it is yet!   But as far as I can work out this project will need the mound of earth that devides WDS Tram Tour and Critter Coral to be removed see Kristof's tram tour photos on WDSFANS.COM see the photo of the boxed off area near Catastrophe Canyon which does not seem to be connected with the Tram Tour in any way.

Maybe I'm reading to much into it but it's very intreging all the same.