The Tarzan Encounter cancelled this summer!

Started by Kristof, February 11, 2009, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Yep, after The Legend of the Lion King is there yet another victim of Mickey's Magical Party...
Despite being announced in all the travel brochures is The Tarzan Encounter being cancelled in favour of the MMP shows.  :evil:

Wanna bet they'll move the Hill Billy Trio to The Chaparral Theater?  :roll:

Willow

Thats not a good move.

Never been to the Tarzan show as I only visit during winter but any more shows being cut is a bad move.

The park needs some sort of theatre/stage show such as Legend of the Lion King and Tarzan Encounter.

How have attendances been? Is it not as popular as it used to be?

Miss Tinkerbell

jeez that cuts just about all the stage show entertainment we used to watch.  What will we do with ourselves l wonder???

The theatre was still quite full l don't understand either decision! Are they going nuts?

never2old

Oh no that is terrible news!! It's my favourite show!!  :shock:  :x  :cry:

Hope it's just a temporary thing for MMP, and that it will be back next year  [-o<

Those MMP shows better be EXCELLENT to make up for it!!

pussinboots

Oh that is bad news indeed. I know we're not supposed to judge before we see all this stuff with our own eyes, but I really doubt the happy-clappy party shtick is going to be good enough to justify all of this.

Just last year, the park had the best shows of any Disneyland-style park on earth (even according to the Tokyo nuts). I'm not sure it's going to be able to keep that title for very long.

Patrick

Can someone please get rid of the whole Entertainment division, maybe run the department by marketing, they seem to have more of a clue.  This is simply not acceptable, how could they afford to run the 15th shows, halloween shows, christmas shows alongside tarzan or lotlk, or even both and now they cannot?  This seems pathetic, I thought the cost cutting days of Rasulo's era were long since gone, maybe I was wrong  :evil: .
What's next, Winnie the Pooh as well? :roll:   Can they at least use these theatres for these corny mickeys party shows, instead of tearing up dlp?!

pussinboots

Quote from: "Patrick"Can someone please get rid of the whole Entertainment division, maybe run the department by marketing, they seem to have more of a clue.  This is simply not acceptable, how could they afford to run the 15th shows, halloween shows, christmas shows alongside tarzan or lotlk, or even both and now they cannot?  This seems pathetic, I thought the cost cutting days of Rasulo's era were long since gone, maybe I was wrong  :evil: .
What's next, Winnie the Pooh as well? :roll:   Can they at least use these theatres for these corny mickeys party shows, instead of tearing up dlp?!

And they make ugly decorations, too.

Jens

Maybe this has something to do with the financial crisis? Strange move anyway... Is this a "park rumour" or an "EPC rumour", Kristof?

Kristof

It's like this: the Party Time with Mickey show in front of the Castle was supposed to be performed 5 times a week. By cancelling Tarzan, they can perform it 7 days a week...  :roll:

Miss Tinkerbell

Yes but but.... it's Tarzan!!! l don't get it.  ls Mickey an excuse to maim the resorts entertainment or something?

smurfy74

when you see it like that 7 days is better than 5 as far as total guest satisfaction is concerned, im sure watching the mmp show is more of a guest satisfaction driver than the tarzan encounter, plus they have to keep costs under control, if hotel occupancy wasnt slipping then im sure they could have done both. a wise move in my humble opinion from a business stance.

Jens

And it gets better (or worse): "The chapperal theatre" will be demolished in favor of something new (I don't think it'll be splash mountain though) and that's another reason why they are canceling the show.

Willow

I wouldn't mind the actual Theatre getting demolished if it was for a new ride.
Rides > Shows.

Kristof

Quote from: "Jens"And it gets better (or worse): "The chapperal theatre" will be demolished in favor of something new (I don't think it'll be splash mountain though) and that's another reason why they are canceling the show.

Really?  Where does that information come from?

Remco K.

Quote from: "Jens"And it gets better (or worse): "The chapperal theatre" will be demolished in favor of something new (I don't think it'll be splash mountain though) and that's another reason why they are canceling the show.
A member of the Themepark.nl Forum reports this as well. According to this member it's rumoured there has been a presentation about it today.