The Tarzan Encounter cancelled this summer!

Started by Kristof, February 11, 2009, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agent Lex

I'm sure some people are hoping this eliminates Mickey from Buffalo Bill. Though I doubt it, I can imagine now, at the end of the show...

"And if you want to see more of Mickey lasso-ing cattle, check out Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show, for the low low price of 60 Euros!"

charlied

dont go tarzan!!!

They should keep it, just in a different location. How about a new theatre between Indiana Jones and Colonel Hatti's?

never2old

Quote from: "Kristof"Tarzan has indeed been cancelled.  A hoedown with Mickey is considered as its replacement.

But is it cancelled permanently, or is it just this year? Or we don't know yet?

I could understand if they wanted to concentrate on the Mouse this year, but next year?

Anthony

Has anyone looked inside the theatre recently? I'm guessing the Winter Wonderland set is still in there?

I'd suggest Tarzan is as good as gone, but then 2010 will be incredibly light on entertainment if that's the case, by the time MMP has packed up.

Agent Lex

Quote from: "Anthony"Has anyone looked inside the theatre recently? I'm guessing the Winter Wonderland set is still in there?
It was still Winter Wonderland, from what I saw, when I was there mid-March.

Nicholas-c

Quote from: "Anthony"Has anyone looked inside the theatre recently? I'm guessing the Winter Wonderland set is still in there?

I'd suggest Tarzan is as good as gone, but then 2010 will be incredibly light on entertainment if that's the case, by the time MMP has packed up.

Just to pick up on the 2010 mention, i am watching this very closely, Too early for 20th stuff and surely they wont do MMP again, Quiet dead year with a clean castle ? I hope so, Simple Need Magic Style campaign ?
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Anthony

I'd have thought Toy Story / possibly general Pixar theme next year.

A clever idea for that would be to tie in a Woody's Roundup show at the Chaparral... but probably not.

Kristof

Quote from: "Nicholas-c"

Just to pick up on the 2010 mention, i am watching this very closely, Too early for 20th stuff and surely they wont do MMP again, Quiet dead year with a clean castle ? I hope so, Simple Need Magic Style campaign ?

There will always be a themed year from now on.

Poppy The Monkey

There is a new show coming to The Chaparral this summer: "Goofy's Summer Camp"  will been seen as a replacement for Tarzan.

davewasbaloo

](*,)  ](*,)  ](*,)  ](*,)  ](*,)  ](*,)  ](*,)  ](*,)  ](*,)  ](*,)  :evil:
since 2001 (many before that)

davewasbaloo

For people who urge realyl great quality shows, at least we still have Parc Asterix down the road. I think we may head there for a day.

I used to love bragging to our American friends about the excellent Tarzan and Lion King Show we had in DLP, and how it beat most shows in the US parks. That seems to be gone now.

I have decided not to renew my APs this year. I have had one every year for the last 10 years.

Willow

At least they are putting some sort of entertainment in the Theatre without it going empty for months!

There isn't an endless pot of money, you know, there must be some sort of entertainment budget and Tarzan will cost too much. Maybe if people take a step back and realise Disney is a business and need to make money they will understand everything happening at the Resrt.

davewasbaloo

Yep, and just like if my favorite spagetti sauce decided to skimp on the main ingredients and just add garlic to cover it up, as a consumer I would seek out a new sauce.

DLP has record attendance and they are just shoving rubberhead rubbish instead of the two really high quality shows they had.

smurfy74

No one knows what this show will be like so judgement should be held off for now, and tarzan was based on a cartoon film (and it was a good show but I only wanted to see it once)

( and i really didnt like the the lion king it bored me, but i did like the Beauty and the Beast show that was in videopolis )

i like the idea of something different there, and if the show isnt a success then it will get scrapped i suppose.

Was tarzan scrapped on cost grounds, i might have missed that bit.