Pin Trading: Disney Store UK

Started by casschr05, January 22, 2009, 09:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin B

I bought the Jack Pumpkin King pin today and I do like it but I am biased!

It's not the greatest pin, and not the best design but it is nice to have one of the Pumpkin King!

The core pins they are turfing out are just trash. The Chip pin is almost an exact mirror image of the Dale pin released earlier in the year. If the core pins are going to be so basic please give us a range of characters!! The Christmas LE is ok, but again, MICKEY AND MINNIE. Would be nice to have a Belle christmas pin or perhaps Sandy Claws from Nightmare before Christmas!

Martin
@DisneyMart - Follow me on twitter and I\'ll tweet live from Disneyland Paris and other Disney locations on our magical adventures... www.twitter.com/DisneyMart

Stitch2814

I came to the conclusion when I first started collecting that I wasnt going to be collecting UK pins as they were just not great imo.

Fair enough the Briar rose pin is going to be popular I think as I have to pick 2 up as already sorted out 2 pre-trades for those.

The muppets set is crap and yet another mickey and minnie pin...I think they are the only 2 characters to celebrate Xmas as last year was mickey and minnie bauble and this year we have 2 (charity pin and LE)

Im glad I buy from DS.com as the pins are better value for money and are much larger and lower LE..whole reason why Im stocking up on DS.com pins for my DLRP trip as no way Im taking UK pins when no one wants them.

dlrpmad

i think we all agree that most of the core pins are crap and the LE's have a balance of good and bad pins. Christmas pin..err i like it but im not a mickey collector (selfishly id like a lilo and stitch christmas pin but thats just me hehe). Supposedly, there is a Lion King LE pin coming soon, which id like. And I also agree with you Danny, ds.com pins are much better, they are cooler, Low LE and they seem to celebrate halloween and christmas over there! Lol!

What a way to start my morning, eating Weetos and ranting about pins...damn you UK!
101% Stitch LOVING!!

Belle's World

I really like the Christmas pin, obviously would have preferred Beauty and the Beast! I really like the little windiws that open. Anyway i will be in London on 4th December when it comes out as it is our 6th wedding Anniversary and we are going to see Oliver so i look forward to buying it. Going to Leeds in 2 weeks time so can hopefully pick up the charity pin.

Ro

Javey74

Another recent Purchase..  ;)  :)

This one was the result of a trade..  ;)

simonandwendy626

We went to the Devon pin meet on Sunday and had a great time. Only a couple've people couldn't make it due to cancelled ferries and other commitments.

Bit blurry but this set, including Gurgi which isn't pictured, is the start of a new collection :oops:

Simon doing some trading :)

The lovely blurry lady in the centre of this pic is the organiser Sam, who did a great job of it as well as moving both her house and job.

Traded over thirty pins which aren't all pictured here. Will take photos later and post them when next online.
Can't wait for the next pin meet which should be in January/February, weather permitting. :D/

Masamune

What great pics! Thanks for posting them!

:D Everyone, check out UK Disney Store's coming soon page! I totally LOVE the Princess and the Frog pin, I think the Aristocats pin is adorable and although I'm not a big fan of the film, I think the Emperor's New Groove pin is great too! I must say, things are looking up a bit.

Also, the pin of Sleeping Beauty with the Fairies is only £5, so I might pick that up for trading.

Martin B

WooHoo!!!

Some awesome pins coming soon.

Makes a change from the 'fab five'.

The Emperor's New Groove pin is absolutely awesome, likewise is the Princess and the Frog.

The Aristocats one is also very cute!!

Martin
@DisneyMart - Follow me on twitter and I\'ll tweet live from Disneyland Paris and other Disney locations on our magical adventures... www.twitter.com/DisneyMart

Clarebelle

does anyone have or know of a voucher code for Disney Store UK? I'm trying to order the new pins x
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

anuqet

Hey everyone. I first discovered Disney Pin Trading when my sister returned from Walt Disney World with a lovely lanyard full of Stitch pins, and as a souvenir she had gotten me my very own Simba pin. Sadly it was only after some online researching we discovered you could actually trade them with the Cast Members, and they had their own special pins.

After that I've been poking away at eBay, trying (and failing) to resist buying pins there, so I was delighted to see that the Disney Store UK started selling them. And now the Pin Trading bug has bitten...hard!

I'm trying to limit myself to Bambi, Zazu, Simba and Nala pins to save money, though the occasional Stitch pin has a way of winning me over. Saying that, I just stopped by the Disney Store website and bought the Thumper Easter pin, the 101 Dalmatians and the Stitch as Captain Jack Core Rage pins, and I think the Stitch has turned into a definite keeper.

But I never knew the Disney Store UK Cast Members had their own lanyards to trade with until reading this thread! Now I'm resisting the urge to take my traders to the Edinburgh store until I get paid Thursday, I'm already poor after going crazy with pin buying online!

Martin B

QuoteI'm already poor after going crazy with pin buying online

Welcome to pin trading!!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

anuqet

Quote from: "Martin  B"Welcome to pin trading!!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Heh, my bank account's probably groaning as I type. And as I just happened to be passing the Disney Store today and I happened to have a handful of pins in my pocket, I ended up doing my very first trades!

They don't keep their pins on the floor, but gathering up courage I asked at the till and they brought out drawers of them and the lanyards.

I traded my Timon and Pumbaa pins from the Lion King booster set for a Figment Discover pin, which looking at Pin Pics might be a scrapper but if it is it's not an obvious one and I'm going to keep it (and am considering adding Disney dragons to my keeper list now, darn it), and a purple neon purple Mickey Mouse cast lanyard pin. I also ended up buying another pirate Stitch, so now I have one to keep and for trades if my sister doesn't get her hands on it.

Martin B

Does anybody else find that the Disney Stores are very inconsistent with the rules they implement regards Pin Trading?

I keep finding that I am getting a bit of a bum deal with these inconsistencies!!

I went to one particular disney store on Monday to see if they had the Briar Rose pin. It wasn't on display so I asked a CM and they referred me to another cast member who 'deals with the pins', apparently on Saturday morning one individual came in and purchased all of the LE Briar Rose pins and all of the core Minnie pins. Correct me if I am wrong but, according to the Disney Store guide to pin trading aka 'Pinformation' a customer is not allowed to buy more than 2 of any design of LE pin in any one day, yet they admitted that one man purchased the lot (Minnie and Sleeping Beauty)  :evil: However a few weeks ago in a different store when the Jack Pumpkin King pin came out I tried to purchase 3 (one to keep, one to trade, one for a friend) however I was told then that I could not buy more than two in a day and was handed the pinformation sheet. So I only purchased two, and seeing as I don't have a Disney Store on my front door, I wasn't sure wether I could guarantee getting one or not when I next visited.

Regards actual trading, the same store also said that I could only trade two pins at a time in general. Not two per lanyard which it states. Although I already have the CM hidden mickey name badge set, they had three on there which I thought would be good traders. Then again though in most of the other stores I have been to they almost beg me to trade with them as they have nothing but core UK pins on them and in one Midlands store I ended up trading about 8!

I hope that makes sense, but I don't want to name stores in case I offend somebody or somebody who reads this is a culprit of my rant. However does anybody else feel that there are so many inconsistencies between stores. Also, on final point, does anybody else feel that some staff are very enthusiastic about pin trading but others are so rude and inconsiderate and almost laugh at our hobby?

Thanks,

Martin :thumbs:

Masamune

I definatly get what you mean. It all comes down to a lack of training if you ask me. When I've been visiting my local store lately, whenever I've asked a new CM (IE, a Christmas Temp) for the trading lanyards, they've had no idea what I'm talking about. It seems that the management hasn't cared enough to teach them about Pin Trading. But then, sometimes the full time staff are wrong as well. My mum was refused a trade recently because her pin didn't have the Pin Trading Logo on it. The reason for this was that it was a DLRP pin. Most of those pins only have the DLRP logo, and not the Pin Trading Logo. My mum explained this and the CM did end up trading with her, but my mum shouldn't have had to explain this to a member of the management team.

Ah well, what can you do? :(

anuqet

I suppose it also depends on whether the person behind the till cares or not. While in the past all the Disney Store cast members had been frighteningly friendly, the past few years there have been some with that sullen retail attitude, though having worked retail I can't blame them too much, it can be frustrating having to deal with the public all the time. Though the one I dealt with last time was very friendly, and knew the trading rules.

Been putting my good camera to work and took a picture of my collection. It's still small, but growing at an alarming rate.

This one's not mine, but if my sister doesn't watch out and take it home with her soon I might just have to keep it!