Disneyland Park effects and details checklist

Started by Riebi, September 22, 2008, 10:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disneyland Paris Treasures

I just made an interesting find. When we rode BTM last week I noticed something I didn't see before. On the second climb there is a kettle on the left side, right before the steam engine.  And there was a little bit of smoke coming out of this kettle! Not very much, just a little. The following days I always looked very good at this kettle but there was no smoke any more (although I noticed a small pipe leading into the kettle from below), so I wasn't too sure that what I saw was indeed a real effect and not something else ...

Now imagine my surprise when today I was digging through one of my old 1992 guidebooks and I find this great picture:

Click for larger size

If you look closely there is actually a lot of smoke coming out of this kettle!!! And in addition to that there is also smoke coming out of the chimney of the building left to it:

What great details!!! And I am so glad I found this pic to prove I wasn't mistaken!

So what do you think, should we not add both effects to the list??

BIG THUNDER MOUNTAIN
- Smoke coming out of kettle (Nicolai, 01 June '09)
- Smoke coming out of chimney (Nicolai, 01 June '09)

:D

pussinboots

- Castle fountain and indoor waterfall + (the crystal in the wall between the main corridor and Merlin's was working as well)
- Alice's Curious Labyrinth water fountains +

Kristof

Quote from: "pussinboots"- Castle fountain and indoor waterfall + (the crystal in the wall between the main corridor and Merlin's was working as well)

The waterfall next to the staircase was working??????  :shock:

pussinboots

Quote from: "Kristof"
Quote from: "pussinboots"- Castle fountain and indoor waterfall + (the crystal in the wall between the main corridor and Merlin's was working as well)

The waterfall next to the staircase was working??????  :shock:

I was just as surprised. And who would have guessed that the little Sleeping Beauty fountain upstairs and that elusive waterfall were in fact one single water system. Quite lovely!

Another thing they've finally fixed: The dozens of broken (and missing) flickering-flame lights in the castle chandeliers.

It's just too bad that every time you spot something that's working, something else isn't. The dragon was in a terrible state. No smoke at all, the little light in the back of his throat wasn't working, and his eyelid had come off and was hanging over his right eye. I doubt they've fixed it by now.

Without the smoke, the dragon is surprisingly dull, I have to say. Not very menacing to say the least. Without smoke or fire, what exactly makes it a dragon?! It's like a big growling dog on a chain this way.

Disneyland Paris Treasures

Quote from: "pussinboots"... I was just as surprised. And who would have guessed that the little Sleeping Beauty fountain upstairs and that elusive waterfall were in fact one single water system. Quite lovely! ...
Wow, this is great news!! Now I have to go back asap to check it out, damn. Did you take pictures or video of it??

Kristof

QuoteI was just as surprised. And who would have guessed that the little Sleeping Beauty fountain upstairs and that elusive waterfall were in fact one single water system. Quite lovely!

Yes, it starts at the Sleeping Beauty statue, runs down next to the staircase and ends next to the entrance of Merlin's shop.  Last time I've seen it work was 31 December 2004!!!

Timbo

Quote from: "Kristof"
QuoteI was just as surprised. And who would have guessed that the little Sleeping Beauty fountain upstairs and that elusive waterfall were in fact one single water system. Quite lovely!

Yes, it starts at the Sleeping Beauty statue, runs down next to the staircase and ends next to the entrance of Merlin's shop.  Last time I've seen it work was 31 December 2004!!!
This is great news , thought I would never see it work again !! As you said it is years since this was in action !! =D>

Anthony

The fountain at the top is really connected to the waterfall?!

I feel like a booking a trip right now just to see this...!

Kristof

Quote from: "Anthony"The fountain at the top is really connected to the waterfall?!

I feel like a booking a trip right now just to see this...!

Here's a photo of the waterfall when it worked on New Year's Eve 2004.  It's hard to make out on this photo, but the lower part is actually were the staircase is.

Timbo

Thanks for the picture , I remember the very first time I saw this fountain and following the water all the way down to the small pool ! It is great they have tidied up inside the castle as really the heart of all the magic !! and should be the showpiece of the park

pussinboots

The fountain (on Monday:)

And a very very bad picture of the glowing crystal at the base of the waterfall:

esmeralda

Wow!! Never seen this before! Looking forward to experience a new detail  :wink:
Julia

RnRCj

Fantastic to see the fountain working again! I love little details like that. Someone on Disney Central Plaza mentioned that the turning wings on the Old Mill are also working again - is this true?

dagobert

I've never seen this waterfall, but it's great that DLRP is improving the effects again. Hopefully it will stay this way.

smurfy74

Here is my little update from this weeks trip

Waterfall on top of lift hill - on btm - this was working today

Rain effect in Grotto scene - on POTC - this was working today