Disneyland Park effects and details checklist

Started by Riebi, September 22, 2008, 10:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Amazing news, that.

Now let's just hope they actually give this new department some money to spend...

davewasbaloo

Awesome news!  Just as I start to lose faith, something comes along to bring my spirits up!
since 2001 (many before that)

Bambi

The fountain outside Plaza gardens was working 28 March-1 April, as was Columbiad smoke effect..... :)

Kristof

Quote from: "Bambi"The fountain outside Plaza gardens was working 28 March-1 April, as was Columbiad smoke effect..... :)

Indeed Bambi!  I haven't updated the list yet from my past visit.  Will do this asap.  :)

pussinboots

Good to hear about the smoke effect, but what about the recoiling effect and the opening/closing door? I haven't seen those working in years.

Nicholas-c

this new department sounds great but i can't help to think all they will be given is a screwdriver and some spare screws ? :p Time will tell tho!
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Kristof

Quote from: "pussinboots"Good to hear about the smoke effect, but what about the recoiling effect and the opening/closing door? I haven't seen those working in years.

Those stopped working early 2008 or so.   :roll:

RnRCj

The door was working last November. I haven't seen the recoil effect since about 2005.

Kristof

Quote from: "RnRCj"The door was working last November. I haven't seen the recoil effect since about 2005.

I definitely have seen the recoil effect after that.  (I'm around during press events a lot... That's when most effects get fixed for a day or 2...)

RnRCj

Quote from: "Kristof"(I'm around during press events a lot... That's when most effects get fixed for a day or 2...)
How can they only be fixed for a day or two? Surely once they're fixed for the press event, they're fixed forever. Do they purposely break them again once the press have left?

I'm guessing all the smoke machines in RnRC magicaly start working on press days too? :lol:

luke85

I really hope to visit soon, as I cannot wait to see all of these amazing effects working again! :D

DLP-Photos.com

This is simply amazing news. No attractions, shows or placemaking could be better news than this  :mrgreen:   :D/  Restore the park to its magical period with all these amazing effects and then start adding again  :D/

Amazing news :!:
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

Kristof

Quote from: "RnRCj"
Quote from: "Kristof"(I'm around during press events a lot... That's when most effects get fixed for a day or 2...)
How can they only be fixed for a day or two? Surely once they're fixed for the press event, they're fixed forever. Do they purposely break them again once the press have left?

I'm guessing all the smoke machines in RnRC magicaly start working on press days too? :lol:

Euhm no, they just don't get fixed when they brake down again...  :-k

RnRCj

Quote from: "Kristof"
Quote from: "RnRCj"

Euhm no, they just don't get fixed when they brake down again...  :-k
But surely they can still keep them working for more than just a few days?

Oh well, at least this new department will (hopefully) do something about the effects now!

Anthony

Updates:

- DLRR: On board sound working great, just a shame about the stupid CM interrupting every few seconds and the Discoveryland intro playing as we were at Fantasyland.
- Boardwalk Candy Palace: Never even noticed these before, but the little balloon props in the right-hand corner were going up and down! Store looked amazing.
- SMM2: Smoke was there one day, but none at all yesterday.
- Nautilus: You can see water bubbling slightly in the lake, but nowhere near full force it should be
- Taniere du Dragon: I think there was a little fog. Dragon didn't seem as ferocious as I remember... A bit sleepy? lol
- Tea Cups: Hanging lanterns were lit at night, but they seem very faded and dirty, nowhere near as bright as they should be
- IASW: Globe fountain was on, but no water was running down the side facing Pizzeria Bella Notte.
- Fort Comstock closed all weekend (WHY?! That damn bin!) and no torches. Two scenes on your right as you enter (Buffalo Bill and the bedroom) seemed to have been freshened up, though they'd replaced Buffalo Bill's hair (bright silver) but not his beard (dirty yellow)... I'll find the photo.. lol)
- BTM: Animals all working, Steam engine by the lifthill had working "fire" AND smoke coming out the top (never seen that before). Dynamite lift hill all working I think.
- Fuente del Oro: Pretty sure the fountain was on
- No geysers
- Aladdin: Fountain inside working, scaffolding and tarps covering outside - entire waterway between here and Main Street still dead for now
- POTC: No torch fire, entrance sign massively damaged and dirty, most things inside working great except the duelling pirates who didn't have any sound of clinking swords. Outside exit fountain working.
- Indy: Two huge torches in front of the attraction working this weekend (nighttime)

Just some extras:

- Cottonwood Creek windmill was turning (is this an effect or a real windmill? I honestly can't remember seeing it turning before)
- IASW Postshow: Exit passageway just been repainted, but inside NONE of the animated scenes are lit properly (except one): only the video is playing, none of the background scenes illuminated. One even had the words "FAN ERROR" projected next to the video clip... Attraction itself is running wonderfully.