Pete's Dragon's Trip Report 14-19 Sept.

Started by Pete's Dragon, September 20, 2008, 06:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-breeno-

Just read through your trip report PD and it's fantastic!  I really enjoyed it, thanks for posting it =D> :D/
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Pete's Dragon

QuoteAlthough the replacement dress you bought Elisha was Aurora not Cinderella

Yeah it's Sleeping Beauty. My wife has already corrected me several time. But for some reason Cinderella has stuck in my head  :?

Pete's Dragon

QuoteYou were the group stood next to me in the line for the disney princeses pic. I think you were standing behind us. I remember them letting us jump through because they wanted belle and ariel! I wonder if you remember my girlfriend, cant find a pic of both of us lol

Sory, dont remember seeing you. But when you've got 2 kids to control it takes up most of your concentration.

Pete's Dragon

Day 5 : " The Circle is now Complete "

Jasmine really wanted a go on Crush, so straight to WDS at 9.30. Nice to see some live entainment at the front of Studio 1, the only one we saw all holiday. Even though the rides weren't open yet, already the queue was gigantic for Crush.

Decided not to wait ( Jasmine doesn't have a lot of patience were queues are concerned ). After a quick go on Cars, we walked back pas Crush to find it had.....wait for it........broken down. Toyed with the idea of hanging around as the queue has disapeared, but headed to Cinemagique instead, followed by Animagique which ran all the way to the end this time ( cant get the end song out of my head " La-la-la-la, A-ni-ma-gique, Anima-joke ? A-ni-ma-gique ! :-" " )

Left WDS and headed to DL, but got seperated from the wife and kids when she returned the buggy. But it didn't take Jasmine long to figure out were I'd disappeared to......

Yes,yes,yes !!!!! My favourites !!!

my name stitch, hiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

what's-her-name

Got to the bandstand at Main Street and set the camera on a railing, to try and get a nice family photo.

Back to IASM, after making the mistake of asking Elisha which ride she wanted to go on.

Return visit number 5,6,7 ? Lost count.

Joshua then picked Peter Pan, and Elisha refused. So Jasmine and Joshua queued up, and me and the wee woman took a walk by POTC to the Blue Lagoon restaurant ( and had some sneaky muffins on the way. Don't tell Joshua !! )

Met back up and went back to meent Captain Jack Sparrow

Time for the Treehouse, whick Jasmine didn't fancy ( still in pain ). So I took the kids and gave her 10mins peace

By now the kids were feeling hungry, but with all the restaurant closures on this side of the park ( and the chewy burgers from Cowboy Cookout the day before ) we headed over to Discoverland cause I felt like pizza

Some photos from along the way

Typical family pose. Elisha's in a world of her own. Joshua's acting the clown, and I'm about to kill him  :lol:

I must say Pizza Planet is very out of the way, and very deserted when we got there. The good news was that when we got to the counter, a fresh batch of pizzas had just been left out. OMG !! Hot take-out food. I mean the steam was still coming off the food it was that fresh !!!!!! Ate our pizzas then let the kids loose in the play area, whilst me and Jasmine took it in turns to go for smoke breaks outside.

NB : Me and my wife both smoke, but Never in the queues or Indoors or anywhere near other people if we can be helped, especially the kids. We had actually planned on using the smoking bays, but neither of us saw one during the entire trip. Are they still there ? Does anyone use them ? Not once did a CM ask us to not to smoke or direct us towards these mysterious shelters.

Anyway back to the report. Had my first ever go on Orbitron. Dunno why I've never been on it before.

Then over to Autopia, making sure that family wasn't about this time. What I can't understand about the ride is Why only use 2 tracks ? I understand the cost of petrol and all, but why run 30-40 cars on 2 tracks, leading to delays at the last corner for loading/unloading. Why not have 15 cars on 1 side and 15 on the other. Surely it would speed things along at no extra cost ( apart from 1-2 extra CMs )

Ahhhhhh !!!!! Women drivers ! Run for the hills !!!!!

Everyone felt like a train ride, so we went up to Discoverland Station so see what the queue was like. Happily the place was deserted when we got there ( via the fastpass machine for SM2 )

The commentary on board was messed up. As we arrived at Main Street it said we were at IASM. At Frontierland it said Welcome to Main Street etc.etc. Got back off at Discoveryland ( or Welcome to POTC according to the commentary ), and was just in time for Space Mountain.

Jasmie didn't go on. She's never been on it. I think its because of the battle scars I always come back with. And this time was no better, in fact I think its gotten worse in the last 2 years. I tried to sit back with my head in the rest, but it was impossible. Who designed the seats, and who did he have in mind when doing it ? The curves in the seat weren't at my sides but digging into my back. And as for trying to use the head-rest, forget about it. I was juddered around so much it was less painful to sit foward and press my shoulders against the harness I pray nothing got dislocated ! ( if anyone has seen Contact with Jodie Foster, it reminds me of the bit at the end when she's  travelling through space ).

I swear to yous all now, I will never EVER be back on this ride until some serious ironing is done to the track !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How much to you love DLRP ?

So, with suitcases to pack tomorrow, it was finally time for some SHOPPING !!! We put aside enough Euros for Friday and went crazy. I bought the Steamboat Willie Pin, a shooter glass with MM's back on it, the only Fridge Magnet I didn't already have, and the 15th anniversay photo album. Joshua got Mack's truck ( 30% off !! ) and Elisha got a Cinderella doll which came with 4 different outfits and other little bits and bobs ( Gus, a broom, slippers etc ). I bought Jasmine a Diary and a Bag she'd had her eye on. She bought my a T-shirt ( 100% Happy ) and a plain 7inch Stitch cuddly ( so hard to find Stitch not dressed up as one thing or another )

The one on the right, I bought 2 years ago. The TOT one I bought on Friday

And whilst the kids weren't looking, we bought another Lightsaber and a Princess bag/purse and hid them in the suitcase until we got home.

Again back to the hotel for some Disney Channel. By now I had a real hatred of the Camp Rock countdown timer. Only 22 hours till the premier = only 22 hours left in DLRP  :cry:

To be concluded..................

Soap

Thanks for sharing! What a stunning pictures!  :shock:
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Nala_84

Thanks for sharing the trip report and many great and funny pictures :)!!

Your kids are really, really cute, I also hope that one day I can visit DLRP with my "own" little Peter Pan and Princess X :mrgreen:
Ah, that's the first time I've seen this Toon Express or however it's called in the Studios Park, only seen some pics from "Tous en Scene pour les fetes" for Christmas which I'm hopefully going to see in Dec.! Is it possible to queue and then have a picture with the character of a certain scene?

I love the picture of Orbitron, it's awesome :)!

Oh, and I never went on Autopia but always wanted to. Do you remember how long on drive is about?
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

jeakat24

Really enjoying the trip report. Have to say the last time I was in DLRP it was the countdown to HSM2 and every advert break they had the song where they're playing baseball. It was stuck in our heads the whole trip and for about two weeks after, so I feel your pain!
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

The Butlin Boy

Another great report PD, thanks for posting it :)

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"

OMG! they got rid of the big Rex slide that used to be there! I know that construction fences were around it in April, but I didn't know that they were removing Rex :o  :(

DLP-Photos.com

Another great report with a lot of fantastic photos. Seems like an amazing trip.
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

burntsienna

I do love your trip report Pete's Dragon!
Can't wait to read the conclusion...though that means its over  :(
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

bigrossco

very nice report good work!

cant waitt to read even more :)
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

-breeno-

Great day 5 report PD, love the star wars reference in the title :P
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

MinniesBestPal

I didn't know Chip N Dale are your favourites!  :P

Javey74

Yes....Don't keep us in suspense for too long PD.. :wink:  :mrgreen:

Oh and the name your looking for is 'Clarice'.. :wink:  :D

toonarmylass

i am soooooooooooo lovin this report, its making me sooooooooo excited about mine.

:offtopic: @ Soap i can't belive your wedding is so soon it coming around extreamly quick!!!!