Pete's Dragon's Trip Report 14-19 Sept.

Started by Pete's Dragon, September 20, 2008, 06:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete's Dragon

Day One : "Dude, Where's our Car ?"

Woke up on Sunday morning to a spotless house. Wished we had left something to do, cause we got really bored and fidgety. Plus we were dying to tell the kids that their holiday was today, but my mum wanted to be there when we told them and she wasn't coming over till 10am.

By 8.30 we'd had enough and couldnt take it anymore. Rang my mum and told her to get round now so we could break the news. Below is the link to the video........

//http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ydrNxkfZ2JA

We were supposed to leave the house at 11, but being to impatient we left 40mins early as I said I would drive really slow. But even doing 55 mph along the motorway, we still arrived 2 hours before Check-In started. ( oh, on the way I saw a new housing development with a great name....." Balloo Manor " :)  ). So wandered around for a while, got something to eat then checked in. Took off at 3.15pm and landed in CDG just before 6. So far so good.

Now all we needed to do was track down the Taxi-Shuttle company we had booked. Now there were a lot of guys standing about with boards, but none with our name on it. By 7pm things were looking grim. Luckily a different firm had been stood up and they agreed to take us for the same money. 60 Euros out, and 50 Euros back. So, off to Disneyland we went !!!!! :D/

Arrived at the hotel, and told the driver when to pick us up on Friday. He was in the dark about the 50 Euros back deal we had with his boss and didnt look too happy, but agreed anyway. Got our room, dumped the bags, grabbed the bus and hit the Village. Decided to break with tradition and ignore McD's ( never went to it once ). We had never been to the Rainforest Cafe, so we went there instead. Me and Jasmine had the Not-so-Hot Chilli ( the hotter the better ) and the kids had Pasta ( well the floor and their clothes got the most of it ). By this time, it was time for bed. Stayed away from the gift shops as we decided to wait until Thursday night before going crazy with souveniers.

never2old

Welcome back PD!!!

Great start to your report, love that video!!

Can't wait for the rest!!

Pete's Dragon

Day One Photos

Still trying to work my way through all the pics, I went crazy with the camera. Here's some from the first day.

All ready to go

How do you fly ? Easy, you just stick out your tongue ( and some pixie-dust )

Disney Village

Rainforest Cafe

Joshua wondering why there's a thunderstorm indoors

Last photo before bed

burntsienna

Awww!
That video is great!
I love how your son just doesn't know whether to believe you or not!  :mrgreen:
Looking forward to so more trip report!  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Great photographs from day 1  :mrgreen:  =D>
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

The Butlin Boy

:lol: Love the video lol! I'm glad you had a great trip. Thanks for posting this report and the pictures so far, they're great :wink: I'm really looking forward to seeing the rest :)

MizzRabbit

Oooh! Great report and love the vid! I'll be checking back impatiently for an update!!

My Disneypics gallery]http://public.fotki.com/MizzRabbit/[/url]
Use password]

MinniesBestPal

Aww, he looks so happy! He's like "Are we REALLY going?"

Javey74

Right I'll get the official stuff out of the way first PD...

A Warm Welcome Back.. :D/  :D/

Right on with the unofficial bit... :wink:

Great report and piccies so far, love the video.. definitely shock, sheer delight and more shock and then even more delight.  You're kids look really really happy, especially the little one on the plane, and of course that's the way it should be... =D>  :D/

Looking forward to the rest... :wink:  :D

toonarmylass

i love the way your aleshia was like " well i know where going but im all cool about it" he he he amazing video PD your beautiful children made every penny worth it with their reactions i bet! cant wait for more

bigrossco

Welcome back!

Nice pics altho your daughter didnt seem to bothered to me lol

Cant wait for more reporting :)
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "bigrossco"Welcome back!

Nice pics altho your daughter didnt seem to bothered to me lol

Cant wait for more reporting :)

I dont think see really comprehended what was happening, plus she's very laid back anyway.

MinniesBestPal

I left a comment on your video... I'm FangTheVampire BTW! (if you were wondering who that was...)

Remco K.

Great pics, Brian! Looking forward to see the rest. :D

jeakat24

I absolutely loved the video, amazing!!! I don't think I've ever seen eyes go that big! Although I have to say I think you were the most excited person in the room  :D Loved the fact that your son had to ask about 50 times if it was true, but I felt you missed a great opportunity as you could have "no we're just winding you up!"  :twisted: (But that would have been wrong, funny, but wrong!!)
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "jeakat24"I absolutely loved the video, amazing!!! I don't think I've ever seen eyes go that big! Although I have to say I think you were the most excited person in the room  :D Loved the fact that your son had to ask about 50 times if it was true, but I felt you missed a great opportunity as you could have "no we're just winding you up!"  :twisted: (But that would have been wrong, funny, but wrong!!)

I actually did tell him we were kidding and he ran and sat in the corner. But then he got cuddles and tickles and he was all happy again.