Pete's Dragon's Trip Report 14-19 Sept.

Started by Pete's Dragon, September 20, 2008, 06:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remco K.

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"
Lol! Brilliant! :mrgreen:

burntsienna

Great trip report I'm loving the photographs!
And I love thew new sig!
 :mrgreen:  =D>
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

ColdSun

reading your update was such a great start in the day. The children look absolutely adorable in their outfits (though personnaly I cannot understand how someone would not want to be Belle :P ) and also the rest of the pics were truly fabulous. And so happy that you got to meet Donald (and he didn't seem to be crushed by hundreds of children) - awesome!
Congratulations on finishing that huge burgewr, I'm already stuffed just by looking at it! But I'm of course craving more of your report and pictures ;).

Pete's Dragon

Day 4 : " We're all in this together.... "

No messing about. Today was gonna be Elisha's day to meet the princesses.

Got to the Castle Stage at 9.45am, after a look around the gift shops. Jasmine and Elisha queued and I took Joshua off to Star Tours, which was of course broken. So Buzz Lightyears Laser Blast made an equally good alternative. Half way round and......it broke. Typically it couldnt break down beside a nice diamond or triangle target, oh no. I had one circle target to shot at for 5 mins and didn't really see the point. But still managed to set a Level-6 score which I was pretty pleased with.

Headed back to the girls at 10.30 and waited for the princesses to show up.
Just as it got to our turn, Belle and Jasmine showed up and the lucky girl in front of us got a picture taken with all 4 of them at once. Argh !!! 30secs earlier and maybe.....

So me and Jasmine started shouting at the Cm not to let Snow White leave, as it would have broken her heart to watch her favourite princess walk off without getting to meet her. Luckily she hung around for one last photo.

Took a walk over to Adventure Isle and had a wonder about. Up inside Skull Rock and then over the rope bridges. This area really is for the kids. If they weren't with us I would have bypassed this whole bit.

Hunger struck so we went to Hakuna Matata.....closed. So over to Colonel Haiti's......closed. Then tried the Mexican place outside BTM ( the name escapes me ).....closed. Finally we moosied on over to the Cowboy Cookout for some cold fries and chewy chilli-burgers ( not impressed, but I think they were having problems with the kitchen staff. The cashiers were doing an awful lot of shouting at them )

Next up, Phantom Manor. Didnt tell the kids what it was about and just dragged them in.Joshua actually liked it, but it was too dark for Elisha ( the skeletons and stuff didn't bother her, just the low light levels )

One of the favourite non-castle photos I took

After a quick walk up to the Graveyard to hear the beating heart, it was off to Pochauntas Park so me and Jasmine could have some peace for 1/2 hour. Which Jasmine really needed, the battle scars were atarting to pile up. As well as her legs starting to hurt, she had a bruise on her thigh from somewhere. But most seriously she pulled a muscle in her wrist/thumb area and was in real pain  :(

Walked back to the castle via Aladdin's walkthrough thingy, just as the Character Express rolled in again. Ha !! My turn for a photo, as the kids has already met Pluto twice now.

Then from out of nowhere, Friar Tuck landed beside Jasmine and scared the life out of her, then moved on to a play fight with Joshua. Quality !!

Decided the kids and Jasmine needed a rest, so headed back to the hotel. After a sleep and 3 days of nagging from Joshua, we gave in and headed to WDS ASAP for HSM2, OMG !!!

Another quick go on Stitch Live. So glad they mix it up every time. Not big changes, but enough to keep it interesting for repeat viewings. Then headed to Billy Bob's for another stuffin on the buffet ( especially the desserts : 3 each for me and Jasmine !!!! Hmmmm, cheesecake :D  )

Before heading back to bed, we bought Joshua the Lightsaber he's been begging for, and Elisha picked the 3 kittens in a basket for the Aristocats ( which she named Ginger, Snowflake and Smokey  :? ). Another look at the pins for me, but the appeal still didnt register. Looked at the Fridge Magnets and was depressed that they were exactly the same as the ones I bought 2 years ago. Ah well, still plenty of time for shoppin.

Santa Fe - Bath - Disney Channel - Bed.

MinniesBestPal

AWW, ALESHA'S MINNIE MOUSE!   :D

burntsienna

I'm loving your trip report Pete's Dragon! The photos are amazingly brilliant!  :mrgreen:
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

Pete's Dragon

we bought her the ears, but they kept falling off. I think she had the dress on for 2-3 days, and could NOT change her mind.

MinniesBestPal

Glad to see I'm not the only one that dresses as Minnie!  :P

The Butlin Boy

Another 2 great reports and even more fantastic pics. Roll on Day 5 :mrgreen:

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"So how did I do? See for yourselves......................

[spoiler:128r4fhx]Free Milkshake Baby ! C'mon !! Who's a Greedy Pig then, eh ?
[/spoiler:128r4fhx]

=D>  :D/  =D>  :D/ Woo!!! Well done! :mrgreen:

SophieD

Hi Petes Dragon!! Welcome back!!!

Love the trip report!!! the photos are amazing!!!

you have such a beautiful family!!!

(sorry it took so long to reply....it being freshers week an all that!)
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

Javey74

Great last three follow up's Pete's Dragon, splendiforous... :D/  :D/  :D/

Brilliant shots to go be a great worded report.. :wink:  :D

You all seemed to be having a great time, then a rather close shave with Mr Belle Man himself.. :shock:  :shock:  

Yes it's definitely him, no doubt about it, I would recognise him anywhere... :roll:

Looking forward to Day 5, keep up the good work.. =D>  =D>  =D>

DLP-Photos.com

Again I have to say that this report and the photos are absolutely amazing. I cannot wait to hear of day 5 - it seems like you've had so much fun. (Can the next 19 days please go really fast? :lol:)
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

Aveen2008

Brilliant report, honestly one of the best ever! the kids look great in their costumes...Although the replacement dress you bought Elisha was Aurora not CInderella I think. Wow I think that is the Dark Prince waiting in line, was Belle there for him?
When I was there at the start of july I had to queue for an hour and a half just to meet 1 princess, it was madness!

You have definately made me want to do breakfast at cafe Mickey, I always do dinner there instead! Was sad that things seem to break down a lot for you Especially in teh Disney studios but it definately didn't put a downer on things fo ryou and donald was definately someone who would lift your spirits!

I can't wait to here more!!

Aveen xxx =D>
Luv Aveen xoxo

Wendy

I'm loving this report PD, thanks so much for sharing as it brings back such happy memories  :D   The photos are fab, you met so many characters!  looking forward to the final day  =D>
Second Star To The Right And Straight On Til Morning!

xx Wen xx

My Trip Report: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5261

simbrawr

OMG I KNEW I RECOGNISED YOU FROM THESE PIX!

You were the group stood next to me in the line for the disney princeses pic. I think you were standing behind us. I remember them letting us jump through because they wanted belle and ariel! I wonder if you remember my girlfriend, cant find a pic of both of us lol-->

As i was reading your report im thinking ive seen you before somewhere...tbh it was your son dressed as peter pan that gave it away! and mentioning the dark knight!