Pin Trading: General pin chat

Started by MizzRabbit, September 06, 2008, 05:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Javey74

Wow a great collection of pins everyone... =D>  =D>

Vanessa would be so jealous of the Chip and Dale ones... :o

Bellefan

Hi! I'm fairly new to the all-consuming fun that is pin collecting! Like you, I bought a couple because I thought they were cute, then some more, then traded with a cast member, and so on... Now I have an addiction!! But I LOVE IT!!!
I get some from ebay, but we have to be careful... I find pinpics.com a fantastic site. i was introduced to it by a fellow pin addict, and I can spend a good hour on it at a time. I've not got my husband into it yet, but he tolerates it!!! But I'm leading my nieces up the pin path!!!  :D

Can anyone tell me if there is any way of buying pins direct from DLRP without going there? I tried a link from dizpins.com, but I didn't get anywhere. There must be a mail/online order website...

Looking forward to your help!

:)
May 1995 Santa Fe & Davy Crockett Ranch
May 1997 Santa Fe
Sept 1998 Sequoia Lodge
Jan 2005 Santa Fe
Sept 2007 Santa Fe
Sept 2008 Newport Bay Club
Mar 2013 Cheyenne

MizzRabbit

Resurrecting this topic! If you have any new pins add them here!

My Disneypics gallery]http://public.fotki.com/MizzRabbit/[/url]
Use password]

Aveen2008

ooo I will have to take piccys tomorrow and post them in this topic, i love finding other pin trading mad people and seeing piccys hehe! :D  :D/ ...

Honey, when do you go to NY? :D
Luv Aveen xoxo

Barnsey313

Well, Heres my current pin collection (feel free to offer trades):

My most recent pin is the Fantillusion one which lights up (LE 900) and I'm getting the Donald, Chip and Dale one from the Disney Store this weekend (possibly the Monsters inc. one too). Off to DLP next thursday so I'll have many more when I return (and a Pin bag too  :) ).

NB: Still need this pin!!!!!  :cry:

Aveen2008

heres my lot.. sorry for the amount of pic...

First is the lanyards I have for trading which I am taking to DLP..

These are the rest of my collections (some same as ones to trade as I usually buy doubles for my trading pins).

more to come..sorry some of the pins are on a mirror frame thats why I had to photograph them this way! :roll:
Luv Aveen xoxo

Aveen2008

last one..

:D  :D  :D  :D
Luv Aveen xoxo

Barnsey313

:shock: That is a Pin Collection! Some great pins there Aveen. I like the Mickey bandana + earring one (might have to pick that up this year).
Do you think the UK LE pins will be particularly popular in Paris? I'll pick up some duplicates if so.

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Barnsey313":shock: That is a Pin Collection! Some great pins there Aveen. I like the Mickey bandana + earring one (might have to pick that up this year).
Do you think the UK LE pins will be particularly popular in Paris? I'll pick up some duplicates if so.

I really dont know to be honest it will be my first time pin trading there in Sep. I think when trading with cast members they actually have to pin trade with you for whatever pin you want etc as long as they dont already have yoru pin and its a genuine one..its part of the rules but in paris apparently there is a pin board taken out and yu can only exhange LE's for LE's and so on so thats why I am getting the LE's mainly!

The pirate bandana one I traded for in my local disney store :D
Luv Aveen xoxo

Masamune

:o I actually have some of my pins displayed in frames now.

The rest of my collection is on my corkboard and in my pin book.

The corkboard pic needs updating, since some of the pins on there are now in the frames. :) And I've gotten loads of new pins since that was taken.

Eager_Eyes

Aveen - That really is a lovely collection you've got there I would adore the Bolt openning day pin, there is an LE pin board in Paris and you're wise to get a few ready for trading there I only took 2 LE pins with me last month and when I'd traded both of the the following day I saw a Halloween Mickey who was just adorable so I had to have him! I ended up spending 13 Euros on buying a pin there and then to trade for him!

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Eager_Eyes"Aveen - That really is a lovely collection you've got there I would adore the Bolt openning day pin, there is an LE pin board in Paris and you're wise to get a few ready for trading there I only took 2 LE pins with me last month and when I'd traded both of the the following day I saw a Halloween Mickey who was just adorable so I had to have him! I ended up spending 13 Euros on buying a pin there and then to trade for him!

aw cool:) was the pin board out often? where was it when you seen it??

Masamuse: great collection, the one of the lion king thats beside simba sitting on mufsas shoulder looks interesting hehe I cant see it very well but thats a cool way to display them in frames I have thought about that myself! :D  :D  :D  :D
Luv Aveen xoxo

bigrossco

OMG Aveen I knew u had alot of pins but not as much as that wow wow makes my collection look bad! (will get a pic of them soon)
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

bigrossco

here we go my shamefull collection of pins!

BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Aveen2008

Quote from: "bigrossco"here we go my shamefull collection of pins!

aw cool did you get a trading lanyard set and thats why you have two of the stitch one? :D
Luv Aveen xoxo