Pin Trading: General pin chat

Started by MizzRabbit, September 06, 2008, 05:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MizzRabbit

It hit me that I think we need a general pin thread. A thread to post post pictures of your pins, to ask questions, to give and get pin advice, maybe even to trade with eachother and so on. Just a basic thread for everything pin related. I just thought it'd be nice to have it all in one place. Also, maybe you could write why you collect and what themes etc? I'd love to know. :D

I myself am a newbie pin collector. Just started on my last trip to dlrp. Didn't know if it'd be for me. When I first saw the pins I thought that they were kinda cute but not something I could see myself collecting. So I only bought a few, and a few more and a few more and all of I sudden I realised I was hooked. The beauty of pintrading is that it's for everyone and it also puts you in contact with lots of different people and CMs. I really like it and can't wait till we go again! :D

My Disneypics gallery]http://public.fotki.com/MizzRabbit/[/url]
Use password]

Javey74

Well....These are our family Disney Pins>>

http://public.fotki.com/DisneyDavid/dis ... -badge-co/

I soley own the Donald Ones, suprise suprise... :wink:

Jen owns all the Princess and Minnie ones, and Vanessa owns along with all of us the rest of them.... :lol:  :D

The collection started with the Princess ones if I remember correctly, then my Donald ones.  Then the rest started to filter in.  Also we decided to collect the Park, Zone and Hotel pins, and lastly we started to collect the attraction pins.  Again like everyone else the collection is on-going and neverending.... :mrgreen:

We keep them all safe in the Disney Pin Trading black valise bag, which we also decided we should buy whilst over DLRP.

Might get most of them someday, probably by the year 2099.... :lol:  :lol:  :mrgreen:

MinniesBestPal

Javey74

Yeah, Jen loved it the moment she saw it.. :D/

She said it was mainly because she likes Minnie anyway, but she also likes Tinkerbell and because they are combined this way, it makes the pin extra special.. :wink:  :D

MizzRabbit

My fav of your collection Jav is the falling Alice one in the beginning. It's really cute and I haven't seen it anywhere before. I'll take pics of my pins and post later. It's about time! :D

Do you guys have any special stories connected to some of your pins?

Use password]

Javey74

Actually this pin you are talking about MizzRabbit was traded from a CM...Mmmm, lucky find... :D

On the matter of special stories, this pin of Minnie below, does have one...

You see, on my album you only see one of these, but in actual fact there are two of them.  Identical in everyway except Minnie's right eye.  The white of the eye is not there, it is all gold.  I was told that it was a manufactured error and looks as though the white enamel was accidently missed for the eye or it did not adhere very well and so fell out at a later stage.

The end result makes it look as though Minnie is winking her right eye with the gold acting as the eyelid.  :wink:  :mrgreen:

I do like anomolies like these, I always think it makes the pin even more valuable, a little bit like mistakes on bank notes.. :wink:  :D

MinniesBestPal

Thats like getting an all new pin!

MizzRabbit

Very nice story Jav, and I agree, it makes it more special. Could you post a picture of it? Now I really want to see. :)

Use password]

burntsienna

Wow great collection!
I'm busy trying to find mine! haha
I haven't got many though =]
My collection is just a baby  :)
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

MizzRabbit

Looking forward to seeing it Laura. Yeah, small pins can be hard to find. I keep mine in a plastic Disney bag for now. But I'm looking into getting a real pin bag on eBay or when my aunt goes to dlrp in october. She's soooo lucky!

Use password]

Javey74

Quote from: "MizzRabbit"Very nice story Jav, and I agree, it makes it more special. Could you post a picture of it? Now I really want to see. :)
I'll try to take a pic of it tomorrow, little bit too dark to get a decent shot right now... :wink:  :D

MizzRabbit

So I decided to finally get my pins sorted and take pics of them. Took some time but now they're ready so I'll post them here. Some of them have a little pin story to go with them so I hope you'll enjoy the disneygeekiness of that :D

First of all, this is my one and only first ever lanyard. It's pink with a Minnie charm at the end and has cookies all over. It was perfect for me as I'm a cookie kind of girl. ;)

These are princess toddler pins that I got off eBay. I might give them to my best friend as she loves princesses but I'm not sure yet. I want to give her one that is perfect for her.

I collect Jessica Rabbit pins. She's one of my fav characters. I got these off eBay as well. The latter one was from my boyfriend.  

This one has a story. There were some hardcore pintraders in DRLP who are always there we were told. One of them had this pin on her lanyard and seeing I love Jessica Rabbit, I really wanted it. She said it was LE and she would only trade for a special LE and since I was new I had no LE pins yet. Well, then we went to the pintrading board and the guy there was incredible. He was so nice and we chatted for hours throughout our trip. He told us a lot about pins and was extremely nice and helpful. Well, I asked him where I could get a hold of a pin like the one the hardcore pintradingwoman had on her lanyard and he said that if I came back later he'd work something out. When I came back he handed me the pin. Just like that. No trading. No anything. Just as a present. I have no idea how he got a hold of it from her. He told me it wasn't LE and that she'd tried to trick me. But I mean, that was one incredible CM! I recommended him at City Hall telling them how wonderful he'd been and they told me I was the second one that day to recommend him. That was such a wonderful experience. And a long story as it turns out.

My boyfriend bought me this on eBay. He's a Star Wars fan.

I got this one on eBay. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the electrical parade and just had to have this pin. Every time I look at it the parade song plays in my head! Just love it!

Here are some miscellaneous pins from DLRP. Mostly traded with CMs.

These were given to me as gifts by the pinboard CM. He was incredible! Two of them are LE. I can't wait to see him again when we go next time. I wanted to give him a pressie back when we were there so I bought him a Minnie marshmallow lollipop. I know it's lame.

This is one of my absolute favourites! I so hope to get the rest of the collection sometime. I got it on the pintradingboard. Isn't it gorgeous?

This is my first ever Disney pin. Got it from Kodak in EuroDisney in 1992.

This one is from Tokyo Disney but got it on eBay. The Cookie Carnival is my FAVORITE Silly Symphony so I had to have it. And I love it! It's also LE.

My boyfriend bought me this one in DLRP. Just love it!

This is my most treasured pin! My boyfriend bough it for me on eBay. It has two things I love: Jessica Rabbit and stained glass front.

Well, that's my pins. I have loveley memories for every single one of them! Hope you enjoyed my little "Pin Report" haha.

Use password]

burntsienna

WOW!!!
Your pins are absolutally amazing!
I'd never ever seen the majority of them!! wow!
Thanks so much for sharing!!  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

MizzRabbit

Glad you like them. I'm really looking forward to seeing your too! :D

Use password]

Pete's Dragon

Nice pins thanks for sharing. I really like the Mickey/Donald/Goofy/Pulto POTC one,and the Chip and Dale pin. Is that a sparkly Pete's Dragon I see too ? That one looks like its woth buy.............no,No,NO !!!!!  (*closes eyes tightly*) Not startng a pin collection,not starting a pin collection, not starting a pin collection........................................................