15th Anniversary Celebration (2007-2008)

Started by Anthony, December 10, 2005, 03:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Quote from: "Martha86"I just had an email saying I have won the dream invitation competition with the ecard I designed! :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Please post this in your topic you created in the Blue Lagoon.  Never the less, congratulations!

disneymadchris

Quote from: "Martha86"I just had an email saying I have won the dream invitation competition with the ecard I designed! :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Congratulations.  :D

Anthony

I've finally got up to completing articles and video from the 15th launch night, including Daniel Powter, Candleabration, Fireworks and a look around Main Street at night, so you can get another angle on events:

:arrow: (Video) 15th Launch Night: Daniel Powter

:arrow: (Video) 15th Launch Night: Candleabration Fireworks

(I started writing/uploading them last night, that's why they're dated yesterday)

Hope you like. :)  The videos aren't perfect obviously, but erm quite "atmospheric". :wink:

Nath

Without trying to sound incredibly gay! That video of the fireworks and the little show made me cry so much! When the new song came on I just burst out in tears! I can't believe I missed it.

I've got to get there this year as I went 3 times last year. Got to see the new parade.

I don't suppose anyone has the song that's in the video? It also appears in the parade on the stopping points I think. If anyone could send it over to me It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys
-Nath

Kris

It happens to the best of us Nath!

That show really made me emotional watching it at home too. Just all the added mini-searchlights during the repirses of Just Like We Dreamed It made the whole event seem so powerful, huge, magical. We were continuously treated with the fireworks too, thinking they couldn't posibly get any better! All the other music and lighting of the show was imense. If I'd known that average guests were 100% going to be able to see this "press event" performance, I would have done everything in my power to get there. I didn't take the gamble though - and I missed out big time!

Other fans I've spoken to reacted in the same way as me, some holding in the tears or letting the eyes well up a bit and others pooring their eyes out. THAT true Disney feeling is when you feel that way, you get a shiver down your spine an yo get those goosebumps on your arms for "no aparent reason". That's what it's all about and you weren't on your own Nath  :wink:
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Nath

It's great, I ended up crying in last years christmas parade. When I get into the place I'm totally absorbed in my surroundings and I feel like i'm not in a themepark but some form of dream also.

The video was absolutely fantastic and it really hits you hard. My boyfriend constantly takes the mick out of me because I start crying when I see things like this. I just say he has no heart. :P

I honestly can't wait to go this year, have no idea when but I made 3 trips last year and this is just going to be amazing.

Anthony

Quote from: "Nath"The video was absolutely fantastic and it really hits you hard. My boyfriend constantly takes the mick out of me because I start crying when I see things like this. I just say he has no heart. :P
Haha :lol: I agree, there's quite a few parts that are really really special, it took me about twice as long to put those videos online because I just kept watching it, again and again... goosebumps every time. Like when the kids recite their wishes speech then lights dim, the music from the teaser trailer sets off and Mickey "fires" their dreams onto the castle... Wow.

And with the crowd counting up the numbers to 15, it reaches Tink and the whole Castle sparkles, music builds, everyone cheering, that was just incredible. :shock:

I still can't believe this actually happened. :o

fairydust

Just a few pics of the parade,hope you like them,will post more soon

Masamune

:D Lovely pictures fairydust!

:) But you should try and edit your post so that each picture is on its own line, so they're not stretching the page.

Kristof

Great Scar photo.  I just LOVE that puppet.

Nala_84

I hope my question fits in here ;)

It's about the "MORE Characters" announcement for the 15th. I saw on dlrpmagic.com (I think it was "today") a picture which shows Goofy and Chip & Dale in front of Big Thunder Mountain/Thunder Mesa.

--> Will they be there daily?! Or will there be other special Characters (coz they wear western clothes) in front of other special backgrounds to take a picture with them?  
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

The Butlin Boy

:lol: I was just looking on the anniversary website when I found this on the Cars page:

"...it's all aboard with Flash McQueen in Cars Race Rally."

"...with helpful advice from Flash McQueen and Martin."

Anthony

Quote from: "Nala_84"Will they be there daily?! Or will there be other special Characters (coz they wear western clothes) in front of other special backgrounds to take a picture with them?
Check the Entertainment Programme when you arrive for times and locations of characters. The actual characters change all the time - in that same article you can see some in Fantasyland, at Castle Stage, Jack Sparrow, etc.  The western characters are quite likely because they seem to like them at the moment, but nothing is ever guaranteed with character appearances.

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy":lol: I was just looking on the anniversary website when I found this on the Cars page:

"...it's all aboard with Flash McQueen in Cars Race Rally."

"...with helpful advice from Flash McQueen and Martin."
Oh no, that's awful. :lol: Should we tell them?  It's so unprofessional like that, and most of the rest of the text doesn't make much sense either.

"at the Walt Disney Studios Park" - DLRP state in their own rules you should never put "the" before a park name, it just sounds cheap.  "all aboard with flash mcqueen" - aside from the name, you say "all aboard" for trains, not cars.  And "we won't see you for dust" doesn't make sense to me. *sigh* It's not as bad as the text on disneylandparis.com though - I think a monkey could have done better with that, let alone Europe's largest tourist destination. :roll:

Owain

I was just watching Disney Channel and Disney 365 was on and they did a show on Disneyland Paris 15th ! It Showed Crushs coaster track and more and showed construction of Tower Of Terror and an Imagineer going up in a lift inside one of the towers lift shafts  :) . ( Sort of like a Cherry Picker Type Lift, if you get me ? )

It also spoke of the new Once upon a Dream Parade ! .

penfold12

Any idea if thats repeated?!!