15th Anniversary Celebration (2007-2008)

Started by Anthony, December 10, 2005, 03:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

French newspaper Le Parisien is running a special series of 5 articles this week revealing the elements of the 15th Anniversary.

Yesterdays revealed details about the music for Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade, and today's looks at the Chateau decorations...

Thanks to gldsun on DCP for the scan.

What my eyes are drawn to is the fact that Goofy's head is GOLD.  And the same seems to be the case for the characters in the artwork behind... so does this mean they won't be full-colour statues afterall?

I'm going to translate both articles on DLRP Today in a bit.  It's a great bit of advertising - le parisien seem to like DLRP for some reason, they did a good article on LOTLK when it premiered.

DisneyBud

I'm sure I can see a bit of colour on the artworkd, O i hope they aren't all gold, even though tasteful, colour would be soooo much better!

Anthony

Compare it with this one:

...And they definitely look gold.  Dumbo and Goofy in particular stand out.

Either the colour version was just for the marketing, or they changed their minds.  I suppose all those different colours would clash quite a bit.  Gold will hopefully fit in well because the castle already has so many gold elements.

Anthony

DisneyBud

Yup can accept that! :P

Kristof

QuoteWhat my eyes are drawn to is the fact that Goofy's head is GOLD. And the same seems to be the case for the characters in the artwork behind... so does this mean they won't be full-colour statues afterall?

Something else in the article was eye catching.  The guy says that all the decorations will be put up over night.  So that probably means there won't be a castle refurb...  :(

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982"
QuoteWhat my eyes are drawn to is the fact that Goofy's head is GOLD. And the same seems to be the case for the characters in the artwork behind... so does this mean they won't be full-colour statues afterall?
Something else in the article was eye catching.  The guy says that all the decorations will be put up over night.  So that probably means there won't be a castle refurb...  :(
Yep - I actually read on DCP (where else.. lol) that the refurb now probably won't take until 2008, after the anniversary.  Seems a strange way to do things.

Maarten

Quote from: "Baloo"Yep - I actually read on DCP (where else.. lol) that the refurb now probably won't take until 2008, after the anniversary.  Seems a strange way to do things.

This is a huge dissapointment. The castle is in an awful state. There's even mildew on some parts of structure. And don't begin to talk about the bridge in front of the castle, please.  :(

This pic was taken by TDLFAN last month.

DisneyBud

Eeeeek, I think they should reschedule the Castle refurb immediately!!!

fly_with_me_dumbo

Quote from: "Maarten"
Quote from: "Baloo"Yep - I actually read on DCP (where else.. lol) that the refurb now probably won't take until 2008, after the anniversary.  Seems a strange way to do things.

This is a huge dissapointment. The castle is in an awful state. There's even mildew on some parts of structure. And don't begin to talk about the bridge in front of the castle, please.  :(

This pic was taken by TDLFAN last month.

it looks really bad upclose, they should do something about it!

The Butlin Boy

Here is a copy of yesterday's newspaper article:

The Butlin Boy

...and here is the final article of the collection:

Anthony

The latest Shareholders newletter gives the name of the character train as being "Disney's Character Express", whilst the illumination ceremony seems to be called "Candalabration".  There isn't any more info since for some reason this is the December newsletter (all the other news is old).  For attraction previews it just says "Join us in May 2007 to preview Crush's Coaster and Cars Race Rally", whilst there's no mention of a preview for the April kick-off.

Maarten

I assume that Disney wants to pull out all the stops when it comes to their 15th/Toon Studios marketing? Can anyone tell me when we are able to see commercials in newspapers, magazines, radio and on the television? I guess they have to start their campaign in a few weeks, especially since most European families are making plans for the summer holidays at the moment. :)

Anthony

I have no idea when advertising for the 15th will start, but I do know they're still running adverts for Kids Free here in the UK (particularly on digital channels like E4).

I hope the upcoming Peter Pan DVD features some kind of trailer or promo insert.  As for a full campaign for the 15th... their silence isn't encouraging, but maybe it's intentional? :?