Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimmyTimmyTimmy

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"A lap dance club is fun, but it does not mean it fits in either. and all the happy clappy fans that praise this rubbish are almost as much to blame as Disney itself. Hence my amazing disdain.

I agree... and ticket sales will prove you correct. This park was built for tired parents that have no idea what Disney or a themed park is about.
There is no need to ban this park... tourists ignore it and they will keep on doing that.
Disney had the lowest expectations when it came to this place they named after one of the most creative persons ever born. It´s stupid to say that "my taste is better than yours" but crap will always be crap.

TimmyTimmyTimmy

Quote from: "Anthony"Aaaaanyway...

Here's a photo which does show some of the inside of the land, by Jollyroger on DCP.

//http://nsa16.casimages.com/img/2010/07/27/100727080922441335.jpg

Notice the joints in the RC Racer supports are now getting extra purple pieces added.

From that picture it looks even worse than I imagined it would. No sign of Disney magic at all. Not even very colorful...

RockNRoller

](*,)
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

RockNRoller

Quote from: "TimmyTimmyTimmy"
Quote from: "davewasbaloo"A lap dance club is fun, but it does not mean it fits in either. and all the happy clappy fans that praise this rubbish are almost as much to blame as Disney itself. Hence my amazing disdain.

I agree... and ticket sales will prove you correct. This park was built for tired parents that have no idea what Disney or a themed park is about.
There is no need to ban this park... tourists ignore it and they will keep on doing that.
Disney had the lowest expectations when it came to this place they named after one of the most creative persons ever born. It´s stupid to say that "my taste is better than yours" but crap will always be crap.
I give up, seriously if TSPL is so bad why do the two of you waste your time on this thread. This forum is for Disney fans, yes I can see you both are, but in case you hadnt noticed you are in the minority. About the only thing I can agree with you on is that ticket sales will prove the point.

davewasbaloo

Grow up RNR, it is not that cut and dry. The fact many Europeans wouldn't know a Disney experience if it bit them between the legs is not the only thing on trial here. Have you ever stopped to think we keep checking in to see if we were wrong? Or in the hopes some people would wake up and also vocalise.

We are talking about a Disney park here, not Butlins or sea side amusements. As a major FAN who has invested £100,000's in Disney over the years and agood 10-15% of my life, I am keen to see improvements. Maybe that is why we stick around. Your head bashing comment is how I feel when I read the naive statements on the boards.
since 2001 (many before that)

davewasbaloo

And Disney no they can put their logo on a turd and people will pay to see it. But it will not last. People pay because Disney USED to stand for quality.

pussinboots

I don't know why you keep banging on about all the money and time you've invested in Disney theme parks — it doesn't mean they owe you anything, nor does it elevate you up the hierarchy of whose opinions are worth something. If I collect Coke cans and pour most of my savings into Coke cans and Coca-Cola discontinues Coke cans because plastic bottles are the new thing, it doesn't mean Coca-Cola owes me anything. It just means I've been a sucker.

I don't particularly love the direction Disney is headed either, but don't get all pompous about it.

RockNRoller

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Grow up RNR, it is not that cut and dry. The fact many Europeans wouldn't know a Disney experience if it bit them between the legs is not the only thing on trial here. Have you ever stopped to think we keep checking in to see if we were wrong? Or in the hopes some people would wake up and also vocalise.

We are talking about a Disney park here, not Butlins or sea side amusements. As a major FAN who has invested £100,000's in Disney over the years and agood 10-15% of my life, I am keen to see improvements. Maybe that is why we stick around. Your head bashing comment is how I feel when I read the naive statements on the boards.

You are not the only fan who has spent £1000's or worked for the company, I count myself in that number, but you seem to be stuck in the past, Disney hasn't been the same since Michael Eisners time, this is France not America and will never be anything like an American park because there is so much outside of Disney's control. If I met you on the street we would probably be friends but on this we will never agree and there is no reason why we should, truce?

TimmyTimmyTimmy

The new land fits perfectly in with the rest of WDS, I really see that now. It´s not as colorful and carnival looking as I feared. I(nfact it´s pale with a few kitchy bursts of... orange and it is like carnival from beggining to the end. Only thing missing now is a buch of teens getting tato´s. It is THE WORST ADDITON TO ANY DISNEYPARK EVER. It´s just a good as the Dinorama thing in Animal Kingdom!

What are those houses by the coaster? They look like lavatories at an outside pool in a farmtown. It has NOTHING to do with toys. Slinky the dog or what they call it looks like... a larva more than a... slinky.

This was my reaction to the new land.  Disneyland is is a true star on the sky, Walt Disney Studios park is a lightbulb in a basement. The reputation of the worst park in Disney history will live on.
Rubbish! I can afford better things. I´m not going to DLRP this year for sure.

Walt is spinning in his grave like a rocket to China.

Dear Walt, look what they did to your dream!

pussinboots

Those "houses" are probably another classic American toy reference. You're seeing the backside.

davewasbaloo

I just want to know why it everything is all hunky dorey when people swoon over Disney, but god forbid we ever critisize it? And yes, I very much lament how the weatherman and Rasulo have pissed on Walt's legacy.

Anthony

So many people have criticised the land in here. So many. Most of them have even done it with some perspective and respect. I don't know, maybe they don't have enough collected experience to make their posts worth reading. Same for TimmyTimmyTimmy - this isn't your own personal campaign blog, it's a discussion forum.

QTXAdsy

[-(  

...And the controversy over TSPL continues. :-({|=  

With all these arguments going on, it's a wonder why I'm still on these forums. :-k

Here Come The Belgians!

RockNRoller

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"And yes, I very much lament how the weatherman and Rasulo have pissed on Walt's legacy.

We can agree on that

RockNRoller

Quote from: "QTXAdsy"[-(  

...And the controversy over TSPL continues. :-({|=  

With all these arguments going on, it's a wonder why I'm still on these forums. :-k

because deep down you still love us all really :D/