Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MattyD24

i remember when i first heard about Toy Story Playland, i was inititially skeptical at first, even thinking "what are they doing to the studios"...

but, after having seen many photo's of the construction, it's now won me over, now i'm beginning to think it's a fairly good addition to the studio's park, it'll make me feel like i've been shrunk into Andy's backyard...  :)

the themeing is fantastic, but i'm wondering if they've really put Buzz in the right place  :?:

Disneyland Paris
Disney\'s Hotel Santa Fe 1996, 1999, 2005
Davy Crockett Ranch 2011?

Walt Disney World Resort Florida
Off-Site 2002, 2008

TimmyTimmyTimmy

Quote from: "Disneymaniacus"
Quote from: "TimmyTimmyTimmy"WDS as we all know looked terrible when opened. The latest developments prove the park will look ever worse the years to come. They have to plant a 100 trees to hide the stupid aweful rides that are not up to Disneypark standards. WDS is not a themepark anymore. There is no real theme. It is a permanent fair. Soon Disney will offer it´s european customers places to get a tatto or a belly button piercing. It´s sad to see that the future ratatouille area is already RUINED. Hong Kong Disneyland fans fear that park will also life to see the same fate as WDS:

Disney... you should hang your head in shame. This is not what Walt would have wanted!

If you think it so terrible than don't go to the parks and go to Six Flags or something and don't annoy us with your stupid opinion. WDS is up to the standard of a Themepark and especially Toon Studios with it's rich theming. 100 trees? It's Bamboo and it's used to create an intimite place that gives you the feeling your standing in a backyard.
About the Ratatouille Area and Attraction; how can you judge something you haven't seen for real? Quite stupid to judge something on just a few photos that don't even show details and most theming. The same goes for TSPL, we haven't seen most of the theming and then it would still be from photos.

I'm looking forward seeing TSPL and Ratatouille in the future because I think it will bring more attractions in for children and adults to enjoy together and that's what Walt Disney was all about, he wasn't all about big, expensive attractions with a lot of theming, but he wanted to create a place where adults and children could play together.

I don´t agree with anything you stated above.
The bamboo is not hiding anything. Or perhaps you haven´t been looking at the endless stream of videos and pictures. To stop the new rides from being seen all over the parks it would take alot more than just bamboo.
The new ride area is far from finished and by the look of the pictures I already hate the way it looks.
You also judge things by how they look in pictures don´t you? Well... please don´t call my views stupid. For every new ugly thing I see in the park I will write here that I don´t like it if I don´t like it. If you don´t like it, don´t read it. If you love WDS, then go there. You haven´t seen more than pictures of TSPL, and you put me down for not liking it based on the fact that I only have seen pictures of it. I would never call your oppinion stupid... but it is based on the same facts as mine. You just like big orange things sticking up where they shouldn´t and I don´t. Everbody can´t have the same oppinion... this is a FORUM.

The new Paris section of WDS is dominated by the ugly toys. That´s my oppinion.
Toon Studios is full of rich theming, that is your oppinion! (based on what you have seen in pictures)

TimmyTimmyTimmy

Quote from: "luke85"
Quote from: "TimmyTimmyTimmy"WDS as we all know looked terrible when opened. The latest developments prove the park will look ever worse the years to come. They have to plant a 100 trees to hide the stupid aweful rides that are not up to Disneypark standards. WDS is not a themepark anymore. There is no real theme. It is a permanent fair. Soon Disney will offer it´s european customers places to get a tatto or a belly button piercing. It´s sad to see that the future ratatouille area is already RUINED. Hong Kong Disneyland fans fear that park will also life to see the same fate as WDS:

We get that you don't like TSPL, that's very obvious. But wouldn't you feel a whole lot better if you stopped complaining about it and focused on things that you felt happy about? It can't be making you feel very good...

My post with pics of the new Paris area was mostly focused on the fact that new areas that haven´t been buit already are ruined from visual intrussion from Toy Story carnival rides. A ride area that will be built in 2 years already is ruined by two orange towers. What parks have one visited before to use as reference and say a thing like that is good?.
I have posted that I like WDS to be expanded and that new rides are needed. More than that I just hate it. It is ugly and I don´t like ugly. Not for the price of Disney.

...why was it have to like TSPL?

TimmyTimmyTimmy

Quote from: "15MagicalYears"Timmy, I think we all know what your opinion on TSP is. You don't have to constantly post about how awful it is, it's just bringing the mood of the thread down.

I post my reaction to pictures you guys post or pictures I find. If TSPL is a great thing then my negative posts about can´t bring the mood down.
I wonder why you all have to love it when it THAT BAD. Do you always have to love TSPL to bring the mood up?
I would also like to know the difference betwen constanly and now and then.

It will be funny to read the differences between the reactions to TSPL in different forums. Here people seme to be filled with joy over it and Disney´s attempts of selling something cheap and taky to the european park visitors have been a succes. In other forum people wonder why WDS is getting this expansion and how anyone can joyful over 3 not very good rides at all.

I am looking forward to something new in WDS. It will be great to try new rides in that park. ...but not swings that one finds in malls all over the world.

tubbsy

Quote from: "Martyn"
QuoteWhen you look at the haflpipes that actually spin, they dont have ... what was that again? OTSR

They do....
Sorry Martyn hadnt realised-the only couple I had seen dont go as high  as that and dont have OTSR-tried to upload a pick of the Edge but I'm working off a dongle and to say its slow is a slight understatement! :lol:

As for the postive and negative discussion about carnival rides I am gonna wait and see for myself-I will say though, as I have said on previous occasions, bamboo fills out if you plant it too close it could kill it off.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

experiment627

Quote from: "Riebi"As you know I´m not a fan of the Toy Story theme EVERYWHERE at the resort. That´s for me the point to discuss. TSPL isn´t that ugly huge thing I´ve expected. It´s simply a themed and very green area at WDS. And that´s not the badest thing at WDS. (Bad thing is the not finished placemaking at Production Courtyard or the whole backlot area.)

TSPL isn´t something that touch me that hard. It doesn´t matter for me. I think I will make the rides but it won´t be my favorite ones. But I clearly can´t say that Dumbo, Buzz Lightyears laser blast, Autopia, the tea cups, flying carpets, orbitron or lanzelots is one of my favorite rides at the resort. It has for me the same rank. So calm down everyone. Maybe a over years worst themed backlot, a stop of placemaking or a missing of little street shows will bring the park down. TSPL won´t.

100% agreed. There are lots of rides and shows that do little for me (some even considered "classics").
And yes, one could argue about yet another "Toy Story"-experience (which I've touched in my earlier post).
But all in all: Toy Story Playland *looks* like it will be a decent addition to the Studios, which could end up being as popular as some of the Fantasyland classics (seeing lots of kiddies being excited at the sight of the huge Buzz might be an indication of that).
It's quality (dare I say: "Disney Quality"?) - for what it is.

tubbsy

I have to agree, I have felt it a bit strange and a little disorganised to have a bit of Toy Stoy here and a little of Toy Story there.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

claire2281

What's all this talk of carnival rides? You need the smaller rides just as much as you need the larger ones. In fact, it's good that they have built a mini thrill ride, otherwise you have the full on coasters, the kiddie rides and nothing in between.

Disney already has plenty of so called carnival rides if you will - Dumbo, teacups, flying carpets and such ilk. TSPL looks faithful to the films - and extremely popular and well loved films they are too.

The ride capacity of the park has been increased because of this which can only be a good thing.

In fact, the more I think about it, surely all expansions to WDS should be a based on Pixar films? That's where Disney is now and looks to be so for the foreseeable future.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

Annet

I actually like the way it looks, at least what I've seen so far.
Too bad I won't get to see it during my next visit yet.
I hope I'll be able to save some money for another end-of-the-year trip.

Martyn

Quote from: "tubbsy"
Quote from: "Martyn"
QuoteWhen you look at the haflpipes that actually spin, they dont have ... what was that again? OTSR

They do....
Sorry Martyn hadnt realised-the only couple I had seen dont go as high  as that and dont have OTSR-tried to upload a pick of the Edge but I'm working off a dongle and to say its slow is a slight understatement! :lol:

As for the postive and negative discussion about carnival rides I am gonna wait and see for myself-I will say though, as I have said on previous occasions, bamboo fills out if you plant it too close it could kill it off.

Thats ok Tubbsy, I had a feeling you may have been on about the Zamperla Disk'O's. (And I know how you feel about the Dongle.... :P)

Disneydavid

luckely our version is a little more... chill!

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!

CafeFantasia

According to Disney_ParisEN on Twitter, 20 Disney fans were invited to view a (blurry) version of the Toy Story Playland model, yesterday. Do you recognise anyone, 'cos I don't :-)

davewasbaloo

What is really annoying, besides how trashy this land looks, is that the height restriction for RC  Racer is the same for Rock N Roller Coaster. STUPID  :roll:
since 2001 (many before that)

DopeyDad

it's 1.20m, so the average height of a 6-7 year old say. I can't imagine children smaller than this would want to ride RC Racer anyway. Did you hope for entirely young child friendly rides?

davewasbaloo

Well call me old school, but Disney used to do rides the whole family could ride in the first 30+ years of it's existance.
since 2001 (many before that)