Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davewasbaloo

I believe in being an innovator.
Walt Disney

I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things.
Walt Disney

It's kind of fun to do the impossible.
Walt Disney

We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together.
Walt Disney

We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.
Walt Disney

Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved.
Walt Disney

For all these quotes, I think they exemplify why I hate TSPL, and why I wish Disney would remember the principles the company were founded on.

Let's put the walt back in Disney.
since 2001 (many before that)

DopeyDad

quite so, I particularly like

We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together.
Walt Disney

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "DopeyDad"TSPL is a part of WDS which is only now really getting a more child friendly balance.

They need to get the balance right. The height restrictions for some of this stuff is bigger than the ones for ToT too. So they seem to be missing the mark on almost every level.

DopeyDad

It's only our last couple of visits that our days at WDS together started to become better, partly as our eldest got older but on our last trip in June our 2yo had a great day there as well and we were all able to share in it. I can certainly see that at least for us, TSPL looks like it will add to that. And I think then that the balance will be getting better, it was too much of a teen/adult park before for us to be able to experience much of it, we always had to split up, one watching the kids and the other heading for RnRC or ToT. It's just interesting that any news, such as some kind of interactive elements in Slinky ZigZag merely poke the fire again and there's never any room to actually get a discussion about it going. What do people think it may be? How do people feel about it fitting in with Rat? When they replace the boulevard facades, will they sort the visual intrusion?

ed-uk

Roll on 17th August 2010, i can't wait till this place opens and we can see it for ourselves and move on. Not every new ride can be an E ticket.  I'm sure Robert Iger and John Lasseter can quote Walt Disney.
Ed & David

dagobert

I think many people will be disappointed by TSPL, especially families with smaller kids. As Davewasbaloo already said the height restrictions for the Parachute Tower and for RC Racer will exclude many children from the experience. And Disney is focusing on children.

kiki_304

Quote from: "MagicStar"
Quote from: "davewasbaloo""You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

=D>

These words say everyting!!!!

I am not saying it is aimed only at kids.  I think a lot of adults have grown to love Toy Story with their kids and therefore will maybe enjoy this area.  Not everything aspect has to be aimed at adults either.

The height restrictions could be the bearer of bad news for Disney and some parents however!!

They will never please all of the ppl all of the time.

Willow

I did just write a long post defending TSPL and how TSPL it is a family area but I can't be bothered defending it anymore. :|

I can't wait to see some photos from the main bulk of the land, the latest shots look really great. This has turned out much better than I expected, it looks like it could be really immersive.

danwills

It is about time all these negative and unreasonable comments come to an end. From my understanding everyone on this forum is most likely a Disney Fan. It is Disney, the company we admire who has decided to create this area. We should be satisfied that something Is being built rather than nothing considering the current climate and recent investment. Some are thinking far deeper than necessary into what is simply, an early expansion to a fairly young Walt Disney Studios Park. What has been completed so far is at a standard unmatched by other operators. The Walt Disney Co has not lost its way, and will continue to impress on multiple levels. I personally look forward to opening day of what will be a positive addition to the park.

ed-uk

That's the spirit. Well said indeed. I'll leave the imagineers to do the imagineering. And the critics to do the criticizing.
Ed & David

RockNRoller

Quote from: "danwills"It is about time all these negative and unreasonable comments come to an end. From my understanding everyone on this forum is most likely a Disney Fan. It is Disney, the company we admire who has decided to create this area. We should be satisfied that something Is being built rather than nothing considering the current climate and recent investment. Some are thinking far deeper than necessary into what is simply, an early expansion to a fairly young Walt Disney Studios Park. What has been completed so far is at a standard unmatched by other operators. The Walt Disney Co has not lost its way, and will continue to impress on multiple levels. I personally look forward to opening day of what will be a positive addition to the park.

:thumbs:  =D>
Couldn't agree more, love it or hate it its happening, get over it and when you finally get to see it finished and maybe actually visit try and enjoy your self. But then again if you are as violently opposed to it as some on this forum you probably wont go near it, just means a shorter que for the rest of us
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

davewasbaloo

Maybe you guys could quit snorting the pixie dust too. Cuts both ways. an empty field represents a world of opportunity. A land ful of excrement, will likely stay for a long time.

RockNRoller

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Maybe you guys could quit snorting the pixie dust too. Cuts both ways. an empty field represents a world of opportunity. A land ful of excrement, will likely stay for a long time.

As you seem to be so fond of quoting Walt Disney here's one for you:

"To all who come to this happy place welcome, Disneyland is your land, here age can share fond memories of the past"
1)This forum aint really a happy place at the moment
2) Some of my fondest childhood memories are of the first fairgrounds I went to, rides just like the ones we are getting (Dont waste your time pointing this out I know they are fairground rides). Consider TSPL as a tribute to what inspired Walt in the first place, afterall he was sitting in a fairground when he first had the idea.

ps, "Stop snorting Pixie Dust" grow up, if all you can do is through out an insult dont bother
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

ed-uk

I support the Walt Disney Company that's for sure. Walt Disney left us a great legacy with animation and Disneyland. The WDC has built some great things on Walts legacy, and the company has really grown. Someone else can talk about excrement, but I shan't be.
Ed & David

MagicStar

Quote from: "ed-uk"I support the Walt Disney Company that's for sure. Walt Disney left us a great legacy with animation and Disneyland. The WDC has built some great things on Walts legacy, and the company has really grown. Someone else can talk about excrement, but I shan't be.

Maybe WDC built some great things on Walts legacy. But the new generation is going to loose his spirit. Especially the new management at DLP!!!
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]